Preview North v crows Saturday 27 @1.45pm in Hobart

Remove this Banner Ad

I was at training today had a chat with a few of the boys . Harvey , Sellers , Mayley, Colby Larkey . Nice kids . Told Tyler sellers he’ll be ok you could hear in his voice he wants it . Hopefully gets another chance.

I think the second quarter thing is the team lacking the ability, maturity and leadership to alter course when the winds of the game change. And it's not a second quarter thing

Against the Giants we were 8-8 just before half time. On either side of the break they kick 5.1 to 0.1. Game over
Against Freo we led 8-3 just before half-time. On either side of the break they kick 9.9 to 0.1. Game over
Against Carlton we led 3-1 half way through the first. On either side of the break they kick 5.4 to 0.0. Game over
Against Brisbane we were 2-3 down half way through the first. On either side of the break they kick 6.4 to 0.0. Game over.
Against Geelong we were 3-4 down late in the first. On either side of the break they kick 6.3 to 0.1. Game over.
Against Hawthorn we lead 2-0 half way through the first. On either side of the break they kick 9.6 to 0.2. Game over.

Once the game breaks open and the oppo responds we capitulate no matter what time in the game. The other question from all of this is that if all of these are punctuated by a break, WTF is happening at the breaks?????

I think the second quarter thing is the team lacking the ability, maturity and leadership to alter course when the winds of the game change. And it's not a second quarter thing

Against the Giants we were 8-8 just before half time. On either side of the break they kick 5.1 to 0.1. Game over
Against Freo we led 8-3 just before half-time. On either side of the break they kick 9.9 to 0.1. Game over
Against Carlton we led 3-1 half way through the first. On either side of the break they kick 5.4 to 0.0. Game over
Against Brisbane we were 2-3 down half way through the first. On either side of the break they kick 6.4 to 0.0. Game over.
Against Geelong we were 3-4 down late in the first. On either side of the break they kick 6.3 to 0.1. Game over.
Against Hawthorn we lead 2-0 half way through the first. On either side of the break they kick 9.6 to 0.2. Game over.

Once the game breaks open and the oppo responds we capitulate no matter what time in the game. The other question from all of this is that if all of these are punctuated by a break, WTF is happening at the breaks?????
I really think it gets back to leadership on the field. There is no one to take control. At the break sides are probably saying they will crack and we do.

It shows when sides get on a roll we cant stem the bleeding.

Quick question on tickets for the game. I'm flying down tomorrow and will see the game on Saturday. I'm a Premiership Club member and have my general access ticket. The Tiketek Website is aweful. I want to buy and additional general access ticket for a friend - do you think there would be any problem buying one at the ground? I'm figuring it probably won't be a sell out...

Quick question on tickets for the game. I'm flying down tomorrow and will see the game on Saturday. I'm a Premiership Club member and have my general access ticket. The Tiketek Website is aweful. I want to buy and additional general access ticket for a friend - do you think there would be any problem buying one at the ground? I'm figuring it probably won't be a sell out...
Will be lucky to be 5000 people there (I will be one of them), I don't imagine you will have an issue

I really think it gets back to leadership on the field. There is no one to take control. At the break sides are probably saying they will crack and we do.
Q1Q2Q3Q4Total
GWS
-15​
-4​
-18​
-2​
-39​
Fre
12​
5​
-40​
-3​
-26​
Carl
-16​
-13​
-6​
-21​
-56​
Bris
-33​
-23​
2​
-16​
-70​
Gee
-13​
-38​
-9​
-9​
-69​
Haw
-7​
-30​
-1​
-7​
-45​
-72​
-103​
-72​
-58​
-305​

proves anything is possible! can easily be a 10 goal to 0 first quarter this weekend! *

* Assuming no pressure applied by Adelaide for four quarters
** If North have defenders instead of forwards / wingers in the back line
*** If Xerri taps to a blue and white player
**** Past miracles are not a reliable indicator of future performance

Xerri categorically told at training this morning to 'stop taking it out of the ruck' next two ruck contests... took it out of the ruck.
Couldn't help but have a giggle.

Noticeable change in vocal direction from Simpkin this morning, albeit noticeably forced and didn't look comfortable at all from an outsiders perspective.

Sheez & Kerch training with the forward group.

Maybe this girl is doing the half time rub downs.

1713934082764.png

Xerri categorically told at training this morning to 'stop taking it out of the ruck' next two ruck contests... took it out of the ruck.
Couldn't help but have a giggle.

It being an involuntary action makes a lot of sense lol

Q1Q2Q3Q4Total
GWS
-15​
-4​
-18​
-2​
-39​
Fre
12​
5​
-40​
-3​
-26​
Carl
-16​
-13​
-6​
-21​
-56​
Bris
-33​
-23​
2​
-16​
-70​
Gee
-13​
-38​
-9​
-9​
-69​
Haw
-7​
-30​
-1​
-7​
-45​
-72​
-103​
-72​
-58​
-305​
We're killing them in the last..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Wardlaw for Ford the only change? lol

Corr and McDonald won't be dropped.
Fisher and Stephens both need to go but wont.
Tucker offers nothing but is safe.
Biggy was horrible and may be sacrificed for Pink who has been battling.
Duursma absolutely needs a rest but Stephenson doesn't deserve a recall.
LDU, Jy and Zurhaar all need a rocket but can ill afford to be demoted.
And Sellers isnt made for the grade.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back