B- Bergman Corr Archer
HB- McDonald Comben Sheezel
C- Mckercher Wardlaw Scott
HF- Stephenson Maley Greenwood
F- Zuuhuar Larkey Curtis
FOLL- Xerri Powell LDU
I/C- Simpkin, Philips, Fisher, Nyuon
Sub- George

Out of all the so called leaders on the weekend only Larkey showed he gives a s**t, make him Captain now.
Drop LMc
Larkey delivers more often than not and to a high standard. When we bother to get the ball down there with any frequency and half a chance he scores more goals than he arguably has a right to. He needs help and the mid group need to provide some chances.

I dare say, we have nobody that is strong below the hips in the forward line. Harley Reid would push out Zuurhar, Curtis and maybe even Larkey with ease.
Brayden George is our best bet. We need people who can hold their body in contest. Get him there.

Yeah sub role suits laz

Comes on when others tired and provides run
In not sure, I’d rather have him and Bailey on the wings and either wardlaw or Philips (with one starting on the park) on the bench. I think this would improve our run and carry and give a boost to the midfield when they come on (it doesn’t have to be another mid that goes off, they can slot into whichever position does) and I would shift Harry (as flagged by Clarkson) to CHF. Instructions to the wingers simples once you’ve got the ball run and kick to Harry. KISS 😀

In: Bergman, Archer, Wardlaw, Greenwood
Out: Stephens, Fisher, Sellars, Zurharr (make a statement, drop a senior player. It can't be Corr sadly as our defense is too undermanned. See also: LMac. Jy is another one who could go. But I'd go with Cam. He's been shit, and we've already got 15 medium forwards).

Bergman and Archer play in the backline. Scott to a wing, with Tucker and McKercher rotating on the other. Greenwood up forward and in ruck. Rotate more players through the middle.

It's as bleak as it gets right now. The Crows aren't much chop and their season ended on Friday. Maybe they'll come out flat and we can somehow prevent them from kicking 14 goals in a row and cling on for a close win. Probably not. Can't wait for the gameday thread.

Here is my team based on nothing in particular :

B: McDonald Comben Corr
HB: Archer Nuyon Fisher
C: Scott Powell McKercher
HF: Zurhaar Maley Sheezel
F: Curtis Lackey Drury
Foll: Xerri Wardlaw LDU
I/C: Simpkin Lazzaro George Philips
Sub: Ford

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do whatever they like at the selection table, but remember that if you play Biggie then a plan is needed to help him.

The Hawks went to whoever Biggie was playing on last weekend and he looked way out of his depth on what to do.

This would be my go this week.

Ford stiff to be the sub, either him or Drury.

Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 12.56.56 pm.png

Please win
Larry David Reaction GIF

Any word on Fordy and WillPhil's injuries? Also there was mention of Biggy too.

Will Phil not mentioned on the injury report at all.

Ford has a test to prove he's fit. Hip injury.

This season is stuffed through prior poor recruitment and injuries. Nothing we do this year will change that.
The club should revert to picking a team with players in their ideal positions and a game plan that the players
can execute with the aim of being competitive.

This list can’t endure a season of no wins and huge thrashings. No doubt that there will be a clean out at years end but those that remain can’t be totally demoralised looking to jump ship, plus who will put their hand up to come to a basket case?

We need a two pronged strategy - first focus on 2024, then on 2025+.

I can't see how we win - we more or less had our best 22 in last week. We've become so desperate that a bunch of us are pinning our hopes on Griffin Logue, of all players.

Roos by 100.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back