MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL discussion - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dislike Andrew Mackie. If he played for Brisbane, North, us etc he'd be shown up for the coattail-riding hack he is.

So did I, until this year. The blokes who chase a flag more often than not don't end up with one.

I don't even think Rivers was chasing a flag, he was just chasing success. If he stayed at Melbourne he would be playing out his career without a final.

I'm happy for him that he was able to overcome injuries, and play well enough, to get in this team for the finals.

Rivers building in composure.

He'll be stuffed in they move Hale directly onto him though.

Umps are fully in control of who scores when.

Frees are based on who needs to catch up.

Yep, I thought the rules had changed during the week. No consistency at all. On a side note, how good is Hale? He just contributes all over the ground.

I just can't handle watching games like that as a neutral.

I don't know what it'll be like if Melbourne ever play in a prelim.

Travis Varcoe heck heck heck heck heck

That said, a quiet 30-point win for Freo coupled with the injuries to Hale and Buddy and questions over Bailey and well...HEAVE HO!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

heck that, I hope Sydney get up tommorow, and failing that, I hope Freo get smashed by the Hawks. Absolutely no love for that team.

If there has been a better finals player than Stevie J over the last 20 years, I'd like to know who....

That Andrew McLeod chap was handy.

That Andrew McLeod chap was handy.
Don't know which club bent Freo over more in the mini-draft that year:
Chris Groom for Andrew McLeod, Phil Gilbert for Jeff Farmer or 4 Essendon hacks for Matthew Lloyd and Scott Lucas.

I don't even think Rivers was chasing a flag, he was just chasing success. If he stayed at Melbourne he would be playing out his career without a final.

I'm happy for him that he was able to overcome injuries, and play well enough, to get in this team for the finals.

Rivers played in 3 finals for the Dees... 1 in '04 and 2 in '06

meh overrated, just filled a gap that geelong needed imo

Filled it pretty bloody well though!
Excellent game last night, Hawks were brilliant in that last quarter. Probably shouldn't have been that close though; their forwards missed some real easy shots. Might want to address that before next week.

Brendan Whitecross has joined that rather unfortunate list of poor bastards that have done their ACL multiple times.

Not a fate that you would wish on anybody.

Except maybe Hitler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back