News Noble confirmed as North HC

Remove this Banner Ad

It'll be interesting to see if Noble faces more questions regarding North being relocated to Tasmania than the coach of North would otherwise face.

A big part of Fagan's success has been having a strong team of line assistant coaches. Daly, Davis and Hudson preceded Noble coming into the club. Adcock and Tapping were brought in around the time when Noble came in.

Last edited:
Faaaaaaack AFL appointment put your life on it ! North are on a respirator and need a noble to keep them alive , he can turn butter into gold , look at us . Job not done at the lions nobes but you deserve a shot , very sad you have run south and it’s a monsterios challenge perhaps the AFL have pushed for a Tasmanian coach for a future Tasmanian team ?

good luck and thank you

Faaaaaaack AFL appointment put your life on it ! North are on a respirator and need a noble to keep them alive , he can turn butter into gold , look at us . Job not done at the lions nobes but you deserve a shot , very sad you have run south and it’s a monsterios challenge perhaps the AFL have pushed for a Tasmanian coach for a future Tasmanian team ?

good luck and thank you
Norf need more than David Noble to fix their woe's. He's good but he had some other pretty smart operators around him in Brisbane that made huge differences as well. Additional to that, his coaching skills have not been tested as yet so turning butter into gold this time is going to take an effort in an area he's not experienced at. I wish him well but he will need help from some quality people to make this work.

Norf need more than David Noble to fix their woe's. He's good but he had some other pretty smart operators around him in Brisbane that made huge differences as well. Additional to that, his coaching skills have not been tested as yet so turning butter into gold this time is going to take an effort in an area he's not experienced at. I wish him well but he will need help from some quality people to make this work.

And do they have any assistants?

Fagan works well because of a strong group of assistant coaches with support from Noble, Swann and a good fitness department

And do they have any assistants?

Fagan works well because of a strong group of assistant coaches with support from Noble, Swann and a good fitness department
John Blakey and Gavin brown 2 of the most respected in the industry

A chance Paul Roos takes up a mentoring coaching role also

Which would be a seriously impressive trio for Nobes to lean on

Alright so after 10+ years of reading big footy without posting I have finally decided to post, the crap you come out with is a disgrace to lions supporters. You are negative towards everything the club does in fact I’m quite convinced you must be a troll. Deadset I hope I never have to sit next to someone like you at a lions game that call themselves a lion supporter. I’m not saying you can’t be negative a hold the club to account but it’s beyond that nearly every post you make is negative towards the club.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I'm seeing double, mighty-lions or is that Mighty Lions?:huh:

John Blakey and Gavin brown 2 of the most respected in the industry

A chance Paul Roos takes up a mentoring coaching role also

Which would be a seriously impressive trio for Nobes to lean on

So perhaps in Blakey he has the old fashioned head coach and he can be more of the communicator to the playing group

Hey, I'm not the one ravishing praise on an oppositions supporter base after they appointed the once most important person at our club ignoring what a gaping hole its left our club.

Perhaps I best go post on their board at how ecstatic I am at them appointing him, it might make me feel better.

I'm not happy to lose him either.......simply because he was such a vital cog in our wheel. Will always be grateful for helping turn our club from a basket case to prelim finalists in just a couple of short years.......but, now he's gone, and well while I'm sure he'll succeed, I really couldn't care less about North Melbourne and their future...

Just hoping Fages doesn't decide to retire anytime soon as a result.

Which stage of grief are we at today?

Personally I'm in the "Noble was overrated. Did nothing but collect a paycheque and will be the reason Norf fold" phase, but that's just me. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nobes was on a back ended contract so we needed to let him go to free up space in our soft cap.

Once his son signed with with an interstate club, the club lost faith in David’s mental health and we told him to aggressively look at a move to Victoria.

If he stayed he would be walking into a hostile environment.

Basically, it was a footy department “list pivot”.

Nobes was on a back ended contract so we needed to let him go to free up space in our soft cap.

Once his son signed with with an interstate club, the club lost faith in David’s mental health and we told him to aggressively look at a move to Victoria.

If he stayed he would be walking into a hostile environment.

Basically, it was a footy department “list pivot”.
We would've won a flag by now except for him being so precious about who he brought onto the list.

Plus continual interference in match day tactics.

Everyone's breathing a sigh a relief.

Can’t believe he got rid of Tom Cutler.🤯

It may end up being a blessing in disguise. Noble has done a great job. That said, a fresh set of eyes over the list might prevent the type of list stagnation that happened at Adelaide after an initial great list build by Noble.

A new hungry list manager, with 2 first round picks in 2021 may be able to bring a reinvigorate the list with the next generation of youth, rather than conservatively protect what has been built - a recipe for rust. Hope they pick the right person.

You had me fooled that anyone is gutted given all of the positive comments on both the North board from so many Lions fans and this board and Swann's BS email he sent out. There aren't too many posts expressing disappointment or what impact his departure is going to have on the club either, but I'm hardly surprised by that either. Obviously we should just be grateful that he was even here in the first place.

Anyway, if the club is so gutted as you say with your inside knowledge, why hasn't it done more to ensure Noble sticks around be it as a successor to either Fagan or Swann either immediately or in 12 months time? I am hardly surprised Swann hasn't fought hard to retain Noble given what he is trying to protect.

All up, the 2020 off-season has been unmitigated disaster with the manner it shoved Martin and Witherden out the door, desperately brought in a couple of broken down plodders that has played, what 17 out of 130 + games between them in the past 3 years and now Noble's departure despite comments as recent as a fortnight ago that he wasn't going anywhere.

Very poor patterns are again clearly emerging at the club, but no one should be surprised given the club's past track record.
Yes I am so pissed off I am going to microwave my 2021 membership card!

So I’ve moved on in the grieving process and I’m now ok it’s Noble and not the medical people. I mean, they might be gone as well but please don’t tell me.

I like to think that whatever people we lose, even those as pivotal as Noble, we've set up a culture and process where we can continue on without them and perhaps even improve with some new ideas.

Late to the party but congrats to Nobes. Gonna miss him and admire his resolve and willingness for a challenge. Can not imagine taking the coaching role for North over being eventual CEO for a top 4 club in a strong and improving market but can understand the appeal for a guy like him being able to build a list from a scratch. Sounds like he will have top tier supporting roles too.

Wonder if Luke Power has any interest in coming back North? Reckon he'd be a great fit.

Fair to say you guys are pretty sad about noble leaving then?
Hopefully he can push North onto the right track.
Clubs not in as bad shape as many on here have commented, and No we're not going to Tasmania lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back