NFNL div 2 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully you are correct, however i have heard differently. Already three have transferred across to the Turtles.

Still plenty of time before the season starts so hopefully numbers continue to grow.
The concern must be that of the 4 departures 3 would be considered heart and soul types who have been loyal and leaders of the club.

Hopefully you are correct, however i have heard differently. Already three have transferred across to the Turtles.

Still plenty of time before the season starts so hopefully numbers continue to grow.
True, but Epping probably will see that as an opening for more talent than what they are. Obviously not that good if they are going to a Div 3 Club is the question?

True, but Epping probably will see that as an opening for more talent than what they are. Obviously not that good if they are going to a Div 3 Club is the question?
Gonna need an absolute miracle considering they've won 4 games in their seniors in 2 seasons. 2 against FS, 1 against Watsonia, 1 against PH

If PH keep recruiting well no reason they couldn’t be in that convo.

Where does South Morang fit in?

Epping an absolute lock for relegation
In my opinion south Morang are a 10 goal better side than Epping. Can’t see Epping winning a game or being competitive unless something remarkable happens.

In my opinion south Morang are a 10 goal better side than Epping. Can’t see Epping winning a game or being competitive unless something remarkable happens.
Can see Sth finishing mid table, potentially sneaking into the top 5. Epping are 100% relegation locked

Sth Morang will definitely finish above Epping.

Look to win games against Panton Hill, Watsonia

Sounds like Lower Plenty have lost many experienced players and might slip a bit in 2023.

Eltham definitely premiership favorites at this early stage
Thomo with Peter Bugden at the helm will look to be the biggest challenger to Eltham with Diamond Creek

Northcote Park still the great unknown.

Overall Division 2 looks ultra competitive again, less Epping who look a long way off the mark

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anyone see that AFL Victoria has not opened transfers from 1 November 2022, but pushed back to February 1 2023. Bloody stupid decision when a lot clubs start preseason in October/November, and will have players participating that might potentially get blocked from transfers.

Did anyone see that AFL Victoria has not opened transfers from 1 November 2022, but pushed back to February 1 2023. Bloody stupid decision when a lot clubs start preseason in October/November, and will have players participating that might potentially get blocked from transfers.
Yep absolutely mind boggling decisions.

Now you’ll have blokes training who aren’t even cleared at the club for 4 months.

Clearances should be able to be lodged all off season.

barrelsomers crazy by AFLVIC
Puts more pressure on clubs and volunteers not being able to process clearances until Feb 1
Whichever 🤡 made this decision within AFLVIC should lose his/her job
Have AFLVIC put out any reasoning as to why the change? I am guessing they haven’t, just made the stupid decision

Has it not been Feb for the last couple of years?

I think the reason last year was to do with the change over from the game day system to Play HQ?

It wasn’t this year. First lot of clearances started in FEB. Look at transfer list on NFNL
May have been closed due to Covid lockdown.

The standard is November which it’s been for a number of years now.

Regardless makes zero sense to not allow clubs to get players cleared now.

How are clubs expected to manage salary caps on iffy transfers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back