NFNL Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

When is Gilmore back for OP? If they make finals and he is playing, he could single handedly carry them across the line he is that good. And it’s not just his talent, it’s his leadership, experience and the confidence he inspires in this teammates.

When is Gilmore back for OP? If they make finals and he is playing, he could single handedly carry them across the line he is that good. And it’s not just his talent, it’s his leadership, experience and the confidence he inspires in this teammates.
Had an easy draw playing 3 sides who didn’t play finals last year and Ivanhoe. This is a strange call after a loss to Kilmore.

I’ll be interested to see how they go against Mernda, Old Eltham and Epping.

Had an easy draw playing 3 sides who didn’t play finals last year and Ivanhoe. This is a strange call after a loss to Kilmore.

I’ll be interested to see how they go against Mernda, Old Eltham and Epping.
Strange call? Gilmore is arguably the best player in the whole comp not just Div 3…
Fair to say he would changes any teams fortunes when he plays and if he and his brother were playing yesterday they would have won..

Strange call? Gilmore is arguably the best player in the whole comp not just Div 3…
Fair to say he would changes any teams fortunes when he plays and if he and his brother were playing yesterday they would have won..
I find it hard to believe 2 players is the difference between losing to Kilmore (who got beaten by lalor 7 days prior) and winning the flag.

A week late but just saw looking through Mernda’s ressies list from last week vs Reservoir Billy Morrison was named, did he play at all?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I find it hard to believe 2 players is the difference between losing to Kilmore (who got beaten by lalor 7 days prior) and winning the flag.
You’re spot on here. Two players can’t make that sort of difference no matter who they are.

For some context though, we were also missing O’Sullivan, Murdoch (vice-captain and BOG last week vs the Stars. Not many in the NFNL will know him, but he’s a beauty), Merkel was injured in the warm up, another pinged a hammy, and another with a bad head knock was forced out.

Take nothing away from Kilmore. They were the better team and gave us a lesson in many aspects that we will learn plenty from.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought it was going to be a pretty even Division 3. But it’s throwing up results I didn’t expect already.

Old Eltham are undefeated, but could easily have lost 2 of them. Epping are hard to read. Mernda have been pretty good.

Fitzroy, Parade, Ivanhoe and Kilmore. Who knows what your going to get from them each week.
Lalor a big tick for me.
Another long year for Reservoir.

Heidelberg West and Kinglake are the 2 big disappointments. I hope Kinglake didn’t pay Harvey much.

I think Old Eltham and Mernda play finals. Good luck picking the other 2 teams at this stage.

I thought it was going to be a pretty even Division 3. But it’s throwing up results I didn’t expect already.

Old Eltham are undefeated, but could easily have lost 2 of them. Epping are hard to read. Mernda have been pretty good.

Fitzroy, Parade, Ivanhoe and Kilmore. Who knows what your going to get from them each week.
Lalor a big tick for me.
Another long year for Reservoir.

Heidelberg West and Kinglake are the 2 big disappointments. I hope Kinglake didn’t pay Harvey much.

I think Old Eltham and Mernda play finals. Good luck picking the other 2 teams at this stage.
** 3 teams! But yes agree wonder if Kinglake have seen the ROI they expected on Swanny along with Harvey so far

If Billy just sat on the bench in his gear but just didn’t play would that be ok? Doubt that happened, just asking.
Saw some of the Mernda Epping game, Billy Morison was their runner on field , looked to be moving ok. would still think it's a bit early from GF if it was a knee.

Saw some of the Mernda Epping game, Billy Morison was their runner on field , looked to be moving ok. would still think it's a bit early from GF if it was a knee.
But did he actually pull on the boots against reservoir in the twos last week? If he didn’t, what happens? And how do you prove he didn’t?

Bit of early? It’s a 12 month injury for many AFL players who spend the entire 12 months rehabbing.

He was put down to qualify for finals nothing else.

Bit of early? It’s a 12 month injury for many AFL players who spend the entire 12 months rehabbing.

He was put down to qualify for finals nothing else.

If it's in the rules set out by the NFNL then I would think Mernda can do as they wish. It means they play a player short on these occasions - in the two's - but if they choose that and are not breaking any rules then so be it.

I think the bigger challenge for them is to risk a guy (who is so important to them) in coming back from an ACL too quickly. But again Billy and the club will know how the rehab is going and make that call. Clearly as a club and who they have recruited they see, quite rightly, this year as a big opportunity for them to win it and get promoted. As such, that might be enough to take the risk on Billy? Time will tell.

If it's in the rules set out by the NFNL then I would think Mernda can do as they wish. It means they play a player short on these occasions - in the two's - but if they choose that and are not breaking any rules then so be it.

I think the bigger challenge for them is to risk a guy (who is so important to them) in coming back from an ACL too quickly. But again Billy and the club will know how the rehab is going and make that call. Clearly as a club and who they have recruited they see, quite rightly, this year as a big opportunity for them to win it and get promoted. As such, that might be enough to take the risk on Billy? Time will tell.
If he plays it will be right on finals time. I hear he has been running but is still a while away before being able to play. However he needs to qualify, how many games is qualification? Heidelberg and Bundoora were known for doing this back in the day and they weren’t on there own but I believe they had to get stripped for the game to count.

If Billy just sat on the bench in his gear but just didn’t play would that be ok? Doubt that happened, just asking.
that would be ok - but I am pretty sure these days 2s games do not count towards 1s qualification, to stop clubs sitting VFL listed players on the bench in 2s

Edit: only applies to VFL listed

Hell yeah, if he's suited up, sits on the bench whether he plays 0 minutes or 60 mins it's any clubs right to pick any player eligible, how they play them is up to them. Will it pan out for them, only time will tell

Kinglake could easily not have a win until they play Reservoir in round 8 (OEC, Mernda, OP in the next 3 weeks) and dont play Lalor twice. By round 8 Lalor could be 2 games ahead of Kinglake if they beat Reservoir this week.

Stars have played 3 of the bottom 4 teams in the first 4 rounds, not fully convinced on them yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back