NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

From Saturday missing for Doggies were Anderson, Crosbie, McDonald, B.Giobbi, Wallis, Souleiman, C.Brown (season), Maynard, Whitnall who have played this season or will shortly. Haven't included Hamilton or Rosman with VFL likely FT.

Not all stars but regulars or on the fringe.

Hearing an absolute fair chuck of the impressive Bear outfit (8 players) are heading for a month long trip overseas.

Gotta live ya life and travel is awesome but I am sure the coach is not super stoked.

I’d be surprised if we saw Lachy Wilson anytime soon, the boy is killing them. Good on him
Will be quite a while before local footy sees him again I would think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From Goulburn Valley wall. Looks like north have landed a fish. Footy resume looks alright with a quick search. I think someone was spruiking a recruit a while back .Add Ben Giobbi to the mix too kicking off this week. Kennel might be barking soon.

Attachments

• IMG_2952.jpeg
    IMG_2952.jpeg
    123.8 KB · Views: 108
From Goulburn Valley wall. Looks like north have landed a fish. Footy resume looks alright with a quick search. I think someone was spruiking a recruit a while back .Add Ben Giobbi to the mix too kicking off this week. Kennel might be barking soon.
Have heard he is a gun.
Has played vfl at Pies & Dogs, must go alright.

Lentini back in for Monty tomorrow which is good only missed 1 week so no concussion involved thankfully

Let’s be honest, no club is going to admit to concussion at local level. As if teams will sacrifice their best players for 3 weeks. Dodgy as. Anyone who saw that vision , he was down for well over a minute. Then misses with an “ankle“ lol ok. ( ps- I think 3 weeks is too long )

Let’s be honest, no club is going to admit to concussion at local level. As if teams will sacrifice their best players for 3 weeks. Dodgy as. Anyone who saw that vision , he was down for well over a minute. Then misses with an “ankle“ lol ok. ( ps- I think 3 weeks is too long )
I saw Harman from WPL go down in round 1 after a head knock, looked to my untrained eye like a probable concussion. His name was missing from the team lists for the next 2 games, returning in round 4 or 21 days after the impact as per the protocols. Kudos to West for looking after their star player.

Agree though, I'm sure there'll be more than a few possible concussions that are covered over, particularly towards the business end of the season

I saw Harman from WPL go down in round 1 after a head knock, looked to my untrained eye like a probable concussion. His name was missing from the team lists for the next 2 games, returning in round 4 or 21 days after the impact as per the protocols. Kudos to West for looking after their star player.

Agree though, I'm sure there'll be more than a few possible concussions that are covered over, particularly towards the business end of the season
Yet another example of a rule that at community level can't be policed, a la salary cap.
People in offices far removed from the coal face making rules.

Yet another example of a rule that at community level can't be policed, a la salary cap.
People in offices far removed from the coal face making rules.
In fairness it’s an AFL Vic rule. But the NFNL bosses had a choice whether to enforce it( I think??)
They were never going to go against big brother tho and expose their arses.

In fairness it’s an AFL Vic rule. But the NFNL bosses had a choice whether to enforce it( I think??)
They were never going to go against big brother tho and expose their arses.

It's not only AFL VIc rule it came from Government from the CSIRO recommendations for all amateur sport.

Only way it will ever be sort of controlled is when Umpires or officials note a player they suspect needs a Dr certificate to be cleared to play.

Sounds dramatic but this is not going away and they will try anything. Reckon this and players having to sign a declaration annually that they will abide by these protocols etc for some sort of cover

It's not only AFL VIc rule it came from Government from the CSIRO recommendations for all amateur sport.

Only way it will ever be sort of controlled is when Umpires or officials note a player they suspect needs a Dr certificate to be cleared to play.

Sounds dramatic but this is not going away and they will try anything. Reckon this and players having to sign a declaration annually that they will abide by these protocols etc for some sort of cover
Local footy clubs being what they are it’s difficult to police or will be until the first lawsuit by a local footy player against the club and league

Remove this Banner Ad

Back