NFNL Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

So what the solution Berty? Do we give them 50 points to play with over the next year or two as Reservoir and Lalor have been given this year.

The reason why points have become a challenge for West H this year looks to be two-fold:

• 8-9 blokes, who were on lower points and quality players, departed the club
  • The under 19's JV with Banyule from last year has not continued or pushed through many kids this year.

Not sure of any of the reasons that happening this year, but when you lose players on low points and have to try and replace them with players on higher points it is challenging that's for sure. Good luck to West and I hope they can find a way through a tough situation.
I heard that west were offered tenancy of the magnificent Ford Park some years ago and rejected it. This would have been a chance to get away from Heid and Banyule and to form a junior base. The status quo means they will remain what they are .

I heard that west were offered tenancy of the magnificent Ford Park some years ago and rejected it. This would have been a chance to get away from Heid and Banyule and to form a junior base. The status quo means they will remain what they are .
I reckon this was 10 years ago.

West have lost some important players who were obviously fairly committed to the exiting coach. 90% of those players were players recruited from outside, like all clubs the challenge the they will always face is retaining recruits while maximising the opportunity to bring in talent where they can.

They missed finals on percentage last year on the back of retaining core players over 3-4 years and being able to add a few top ups each year.

They don’t have juniors so will always be faced with these challenges as will clubs with limited to no juniors such as PH, turtles, reservoir, Lalor, stars etc.

Having no juniors, and working within the same points cap, would make it incredibly difficult to be competitive consistently. I do not envy the folk at HW.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back