List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems like he is in demand and has been on our radar for a while, but in the rare occasions I have watched him, nothing special jumped out. Seems just like a solid consistent type.
His stats aren’t anything special - consistent, good defensively.

Defensive mid/half back. Presume that’s where he would play for us - so an upgrade on Burton.

By all accounts a very popular club man and doesn’t drop his head during big moments and big games.

But not the kind of guy you pay big money for and give a super long term deal.

Maybe we’re missing something?

A forward/ruck is needed
I hope Lord can fill this position once Dixon is gone

out of contract in 2024:
Finlayson - extend
Jones - extend
Soldo - extend
BZT - extend
Boak - extend
Dixon - extend
McKenzie - extend
Mead - extend
Kyle Marshall - wait and see, likely delist
Scully - wait and see, likely extend
McCallum - wait and see, likely delist
Walsh - wait and see
Evans - delist
Jackson - wait and see, likely delist
Narkle - delist

Clurey contract to 2025 - delist
Shop Burton, Sinn around.

All that sees us short a developing key back, midfield depth and a small forward.

out of contract in 2024:
Finlayson - extend
Jones - extend
Soldo - extend
BZT - extend
Boak - extend
Dixon - extend
McKenzie - extend
Mead - extend
Kyle Marshall - wait and see, likely delist
Scully - wait and see, likely extend
McCallum - wait and see, likely delist
Walsh - wait and see
Evans - delist
Jackson - wait and see, likely delist
Narkle - delist

Clurey contract to 2025 - delist
Shop Burton, Sinn around.

All that sees us short a developing key back, midfield depth and a small forward.
BZT and Soldo are only on 1 year contracts? Nah.

BZT and Soldo are only on 1 year contracts? Nah.

yeah surely those guys signed new contracts when they were traded here.

Yea I presume so. Can’t imagine them coming over without an extension. Footywire have them contracted to the end of 2024, which must have been their previous contracts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No way id be extending Boak. This was always his swan song.
I'd give him another year.

Just keep him away from the forward 50 though, and hope players don't keep trying to paralyse him.

Would be letting GWS keep Perryman if it’s 5 years.

He’s okay but we’re not desperate for him. Wouldn’t be a top 15 player at the club, you don’t offer 5 year deals to those guys.

Would be letting GWS keep Perryman if it’s 5 years.

He’s okay but we’re not desperate for him. Wouldn’t be a top 15 player at the club, you don’t offer 5 year deals to those guys.

I thought that until the Brisbane game this round. That performance matches pretty much anything anyone on our current list can produce at their best.

Was probably GWS best in the Grand Final.

He's not a flake under pressure.

Port should offer a better deal than GWS offer him.

I’ve been president of the Boak fan club for a long time but I don’t see the point of keeping him next year. Doesn’t have a clear role, we have other senior leaders, is only going to get slower and break down more with injury. Better to keep the spot open for Mead, Sinn, Lorenz et al

Perryman replaces Boak.

That said our leaders against Collingwood went missing. I don't think they have enough experience yet.

Look at Boak at the end of the year and ask if he doesn't mind playing sanfl if things aren't working out?

Yeah I enjoyed watching us get reamed by an older, more experienced Collingwood side who had 40 more contested possessions yesterday. I'm all for delisting McEntee ASAP. However Boak, Dixon even Finlayson to an extent were sorely missed yesterday because of their bigger bodies and contested presence. Its all very well to develop young kids but there has to be a balance between gold passing young kids and gold passing contributing veterans.

Yep Hinkleys selections often leave a lot to be desired. We also haven't picked and developed a lot of talls over the years in a timely manner and it seems like every year we have to sell our soul to get a player to plug the gap in our list. Not just talls. Even now having plugged the gaps in our rucks and tall defenders we are trying to replace a 33yo Dixon with a 22yo Ollie Lord who was being trialed as a defender before he fortunately showed a bit in the AFL as a forward. It has happened consistently over Hinkley's reign. Giant age gaps between players in particular roles unless you are a half back surprise surprise the same position Donuts used to play.
I missed this one.

Boak, Dixon and Finny wouldn't helped us win against Collingwood.

Boak and Dixon never get it done against quality opposition and are now old and goodish enough which seems to be what the Port Adelaide Football Club is about nowadays.

We lost against the Pies in contested midfield which we always lose to and the small and medium defenders getting creamed. If you change that with gameplan and the right players then you will beat a team like Collingwood.

The reason I am more against Boak and Dixon apart from their average form is because our list is readying itself for a premiership and you need to ditch the old blokes and start to get young guys into form to nail the most out of your premiership window.

You don't give out Gold passes to youngsters but you do have to see what you have for the future of which Dixon and Boak are not a part of.

Its how good teams are managed and coached. It is why I am worried about the Giants as they are in the same window as us, have a better coach and are still blooding a lot of young, talented players. I'm not saying they will be the Threepeat Lions but they are looking real good for a while.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back