EDFL Premier Div 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a further update, 18 posts, 1 like
I should hire you as my social media monitor. ;) Where do you reckon you've got to where you've reverted to shadowing some bloke on BF reporting on his stats. :tearsofjoy: I can't tell you blokes how funny it is watching you lose your s..t and hyperventilate around my activity. Wouldn't you just ignore me? or do you secretly enjoy my posts The Grover you do give me a lot of attention :)

I look forward to your next stats update on Cheap I'm sure others are learning heap from it.!

Which one am I for you The Grover Am I your Bad Boy? 😘

Last edited:
The Grover you could have used this post to state an opinion or advance a discussion to change that balance?

You decided to go with the herd mentality of trying to gaslight someone who is actually posting on topics that affect local footy.

In case you hadn’t noticed this is a once in a 100-year pandemic and no footy is being played.

So the pertinent topics that are playing out are related to:
  • Clubs financial survival a survey has 1 in 4 clubs around Australia possibly not coming through this if they don’t get government funding.
  • The junior refund debate as that is a leading indicator that some clubs who are withholding could be in real financial strife.
  • The flow-on effects of AFL imposed soft caps that could see an influx of off-field staff filtering into local footy but no money to pay them. (Greenvale has already interviewed one of those AFL assistants and offered an amount of $ won't disclose out of respect, up against a local offering)
  • The growing gap between the VFL and elite local comp salary caps has just doubled which could have once in a generation impact on the quality of footy we all watch on a weekend.
  • The growing divide in quality junior numbers at 2-3 premier clubs colliding with a flat points system cap of 47 for all making equalisation unachievable.
  • Sharing learning from what's happening to local footy/sport in other states in this Covid environment where they have low numbers of cases, is it working?, are competitions able to function?, how is the quarantining affecting the ability to execute fixtures?, how is revenue being effected? etc.. because we are likely to be playing 2021 in an environment in which these states are playing now so those learnings are critical as is the debate around them.
  • It is nearly odds on that we will be playing with Covid in 2021 even if they find a vaccine by the end of 2020 the time it will take to vaccinate the whole population will likely take at least 6 months to a year, starting with Ages Care, Seniors, Health Staff, teachers then finally the rest of us, so what will that mean to fixture structuring, quarantine guidelines ahead of time so everyone knows what is going to happen when a player gets tested positive in different scenarios and all things Covid footy.
  • Will the EDFL follow the AFL's lead and start to request oversight of clubs financials if not intervention if one or two clubs look like tipping over?
  • Will the AFL Salary Cap Audit on local clubs becomes mandatory for all local clubs with the pressure to pay under the table being huge with clubs like East Keilor & Abers with elite lists trying to fit under caps of $85K ($214 a game ave) and $100K ($252 a game ave)
  • The EDFL executive and board's handling of Covid and the influence of a small group of clubs and people had over what decisions were being made shone a light on the inequalities of how our competition is run and the majority of clubs are looking to seek better representation and clarity around how the laws are imposed on clubs.
  • As clubs start to cut players salaries in half what rumours are flying around? I know of 3 specific rumours and mini-player revolts with some elite players looking for other clubs after their club played it straight down the line and told everyone they were going to be on $250 a game, these players were on the hunt already for clubs willing to find a different way. You blokes got anything?
The Grover when is the last time you or Turnover or other personal pot shotters made the running on any of these topics? Rather than trying to pot another poster?

There is so much substantive stuff to post about and generate debate on and you blokes just focus on me. You have a choice The Grover:
  • Don't read my posts or engage
  • Respond with an opinion about what I posted (please make an effort or build a case, not off the cuff thoughtless one-liners, think about whether the next person reading your post learnt anymore by your post)
  • Form an opinion of your own on the list above or anything of substance
  • Or as is your choice just keep focussing on me personally, but if you do that don't complain about the lack of variety or posting in the forum The Grover that's on you or anyone who uses their time to focus on me when there is so much to talk about that will affect the future of local footy
If you just can't muster up any original thought or debate just come back in 2021 or 2022 when footy is 'normal' and post the usual stuff about the two-horse race that will likely play out for the next 10 years where nearly every game played is going through the motions until Keilor and Abers playoff.

The reason he didn’t is the same reason nobody likes your tiresome diatribe, take it to another forum we’re done and you can reply to me with as much vitriol as you like I don’t give a rats about you and the garbage you post.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I should hire you as my social media monitor. ;) Where do you reckon you've got to where you've reverted to shadowing some bloke on BF reporting on his stats. :tearsofjoy: I can't tell you blokes how funny it is watching you lose your s..t and hyperventilate around my activity. Wouldn't you just ignore me? or do you secretly enjoy my posts The Grover you do give me a lot of attention :)

I look forward to your next stats update on Cheap I'm sure others are learning heap from it.!

Which one am I for you The Grover Am I your Bad Boy?

Pathetic

The reason he didn’t is the same reason nobody likes your tiresome diatribe, take it to another forum we’re done and you can reply to me with as much vitriol as you like I don’t give a rats about you and the garbage you post.

It’s very confusing. Self trolling perhaps? Anyway best of luck in the future cheap, feel sorry for you.

It’s very confusing. Self trolling perhaps? Anyway best of luck in the future cheap, feel sorry for you.
I think you've said goodbye to me about 6 times Turnover but you keep coming... :oops:

You're like a pack of pretty little chihuahuas nipping and barking for attention, make your own way and stop feeding off my posts, feel free to post something original anytime in 2020. Your such a scary bunch teaming up like that, I don't think I can handle this level of intimidation...
Screen Shot 2020-07-25 at 11.38.40 pm.png

I really appreciate the love, I can really tell how much you care because you just keep tagging me in posts I would hate for you to stop engaging and ignore me as that would really hurt.

You blokes should team up and enter Family Feud USA I reckon you'd nail it, it's a toss up for Horse or MYOB to take the first question.

Last edited:
If you listen to that video carefully MYOB the reason people do it is because it makes people feel better about themselves, anonymity doesn't get in that way of feeding your personal self-esteem. That's why you really do it.

😂 Bloody hell, haven’t you turned up the Twat dial over the last few weeks.

That post is the richest thing i have read In a while Cheapseat, considering you have spent the last few weeks desperately trying to come across more intelligent than everybody else in here.
Besides having everyone in here think you are a bigger f**kwit than you were 5 weeks ago, what exactly have you achieved in that time Cheapseat? It’s a real head scratcher.

That was a serious question too. Your posts seemed to have an endearing effect on some in here who shared your view that the season shouldn’t have gone ahead regardless of the direction from the Vic Gov, but now you are just digging yourself a hole and coming across as a little unstable by
continuously posting patronising responses to other posters, trying your best to belittle them.
Are you having some sort of breakdown?

Maybe it’s time for you to have a spell or maybe even start again with a new account?
A fresh start might do you good.

Bloody hell, haven’t you turned up the Twat dial over the last few weeks.

That post is the richest thing i have read In a while Cheapseat, considering you have spent the last few weeks desperately trying to come across more intelligent than everybody else in here.
Besides having everyone in here think you are a bigger f**kwit than you were 5 weeks ago, what exactly have you achieved in that time Cheapseat? It’s a real head scratcher.

That was a serious question too. Your posts seemed to have an endearing effect on some in here who shared your view that the season shouldn’t have gone ahead regardless of the direction from the Vic Gov, but now you are just digging yourself a hole and coming across as a little unstable by
continuously posting patronising responses to other posters, trying your best to belittle them.
Are you having some sort of breakdown?

Maybe it’s time for you to have a spell or maybe even start again with a new account?
A fresh start might do you good.

He’s a text book narcissist, go find another audience Cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back