EDFL Premier Div 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
St Albans in for 2020 ,EDFL meeting tonight to discuss , it will be interesting to see what a couple of the very experienced board members contribute to this discussion. I know one of them will have a dinner appointment and will need to depart early, as has happened at 9 different board meetings .

Wonder if they would start then in prem comp straight away

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

St Albans in for 2020 ,EDFL meeting tonight to discuss , it will be interesting to see what a couple of the very experienced board members contribute to this discussion. I know one of them will have a dinner appointment and will need to depart early, as has happened at 9 different board meetings .

And heading into div1 to even up the number of teams. Div2 clubs informed and happy to allow them a pass to div1 if it’s voted in by the EDFL.
Look out hear come the saints as a serious challenger. That’s big news!

And heading into div1 to even up the number of teams. Div2 clubs informed and happy to allow them a pass to div1 if it’s voted in by the EDFL.

you are good for big footy most of the time Turbo and I mostly enjoy your posts BUT ... this is you in a nut shell someone posts a rumour or big news and you come in behind it with perceived details as if you knew about it the whole time!!

Potato Chops this is massive news, will be interesting to see how it plays out. Not the first time things like this have been mentioned on here though. think it was Caroline Springs not long ago.
For what it’s worth I think having 10 teams in Div.1 would better the competition.

Agree 100%

Also think 12 teams in Premier and a Top 5 would also be ideal and can be done if you remove all of the byes

10 teams in div 1 would make sense. Would doubt it will be for 2020 though. All clubs would have budgeted / recruited for playing 16 games. To add a side now would mean 18 games which would have an effect on budget adding in 2 games.

Why would a club like Moonee Valley who tried their guts out to get to Div 1 let a club from another league in St Albans walk straight past them to play in Div 1. Let them get respect and start in Div 2 like Sunbury Kangaroos.
If they don’t want to do that stay in the very classy WRFL

Me Likey :thumbsu:

Why would a club like Moonee Valley who tried their guts out to get to Div 1 let a club from another league in St Albans walk straight past them to play in Div 1. Let them get respect and start in Div 2 like Sunbury Kangaroos.
If they don’t want to do that stay in the very classy WRFL

If they come in and go to div2, which they should, will mean more pain for FOG as StAlbans will win it by plenty

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

who's next Caroline Springs, Rupo, what a farce.

Why not go the whole way and maybe merge EDFL, WRFL and Riddell league's :rolleyes:

Just make it 10, 10, 8

Don't need any more teams.

Why not go the whole way and maybe merge EDFL, WRFL and Riddell league's :rolleyes:

Just make it 10, 10, 8

Narrow minded and backward view

As a business/competition it’s in their best interest to grow stronger brig in well run/strong clubs especially with a few clubs in this league in precarious positions also gives club divisional football for those with aspirations to play at the highest local level they can

Rdfl been stagnant for years and now whole league looking very shaky

Wrfl outer west clubs growing but inner west clubs struggling can’t say I blame clubs for looking for greener pastures

you are good for big footy most of the time Turbo and I mostly enjoy your posts BUT ... this is you in a nut shell someone posts a rumour or big news and you come in behind it with perceived details as if you knew about it the whole time!!

Potato Chops this is massive news, will be interesting to see how it plays out. Not the first time things like this have been mentioned on here though. think it was Caroline Springs not long ago.
For what it’s worth I think having 10 teams in Div.1 would better the competition.

Gremlin, I didn’t break the news but am aware that div2 clubs were notified of a potential club wishing to enter the EDFL and did anyone wish to consider moving up to div1. No Club was interested at this stage of the year and it makes sense for St Albans to start in div1. Sunbury Kangaroos killed div2 and St Albans are a lot stronger on & off field than Sunbury Kangaroos. St Albans unusually quite on the recruiting front so they are hoping to enter. They have also held off appointing a coach.
Personally think div1 need to have another side an eliminate the bye. I don’t think it’s attractable for recruits to play 2 less games.

Meant from every Premier Div clubs home ground. Would think majority of supporters live in fairly close proximity to there club. Players maybe not as many.

It’s not that far but maybe sure you lock your car and check your car badges when you leave. 😄😄
Great set up in social rooms with pokies and a tab. Also a good outdoor area..
On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just make it 10, 10, 8

It looks strange to me. Haphazard and opportunistic ? The league is stretching out further west, why don’t they just sit down with the WRFL and merge and create a multi divisional comp. ????. I wouldn’t be a fan but it seems it’s happening by stealth anyway,one by one.

How far west do we need to go? Burnside is already too far. No idea why they are grabbing teams from the west....

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
They are the biggest growing areas. North around Greenvale and Craigieburn are but not at the rate out west. Craigieburn is a huge area and you would think one day they will have two clubs but can’t see that happening for years to come.

Gremlin, I didn’t break the news but am aware that div2 clubs were notified of a potential club wishing to enter the EDFL and did anyone wish to consider moving up to div1. No Club was interested at this stage of the year and it makes sense for St Albans to start in div1. Sunbury Kangaroos killed div2 and St Albans are a lot stronger on & off field than Sunbury Kangaroos. St Albans unusually quite on the recruiting front so they are hoping to enter. They have also held off appointing a coach.
Personally think div1 need to have another side an eliminate the bye. I don’t think it’s attractable for recruits to play 2 less games.
Move MV up to Div 1 and bring St Albans in to Div 2, however; they would run riot over it

Move MV up to Div 1 and bring St Albans in to Div 2, however; they would run riot over it

Question is have MV planned to play div1. The answer is no, so why not continue to play div2 and set up a plan to win it and go up. Why would you go unless you knew you had a decent enough list to avoid relegation back to div2 after 1 year. It makes a lot of sense to put St Albans straight into div1. If as some put it they are a premier side then let them prove it in div1. The mail is getting stronger that St Albans want in ASAP however it’s now up to the EDFL and WRFL to make it work.

The reason they want to move is they have had enough of the Deer Park thing and want to move. Let’s see I guess..

Question is have MV planned to play div1. The answer is no, so why not continue to play div2 and set up a plan to win it and go up. Why would you go unless you knew you had a decent enough list to avoid relegation back to div2 after 1 year. It makes a lot of sense to put St Albans straight into div1. If as some put it they are a premier side then let them prove it in div1. The mail is getting stronger that St Albans want in ASAP however it’s now up to the EDFL and WRFL to make it work.

The reason they want to move is they have had enough of the Deer Park thing and want to move. Let’s see I guess..

Are you ever ready to go up a grade, surely MV had some sort of plan if the won it.
I believe it’s a principal issue, if you want to switch comps, you’ve got to start at the bottom, it’s a long term decision, it’s also a slap to everyone else, when Sunbury lions looked to come into EDFL a few years back, they were told it’s a Div 2 start, so they stayed in BFL, same for St Albans or anyone else

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back