EDFL Premier Div 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s a bit rough. Kind of discourages blokes to try their luck against better players.

Exactly. The ruckman that went from East Sunbury to Abers was 3 points. But I’m unsure of his previous history but anyone going up is still 3 points. Horrible system overall.

Stillman wins Paccos B&F. Great effort coming to a new club. 👏

Well done to him although I’d reckon he’d prefer what his brother got last week.

Notice EK are keeping you busy in div 1 thread with their recruits. Being the man about town are you able to list any for Premier? I hear a few of the better players from the RDFL are meeting clubs as wanting to play in a higher standard and higher dollars on offer in the EDFL, perhaps some announcements to come on that front.

Archer on the move from PV?

Well done to him although I’d reckon he’d prefer what his brother got last week.

Notice EK are keeping you busy in div 1 thread with their recruits. Being the man about town are you able to list any for Premier? I hear a few of the better players from the RDFL are meeting clubs as wanting to play in a higher standard and higher dollars on offer in the EDFL, perhaps some announcements to come on that front.

Archer on the move from PV?

Hey mate, I wish I was out and about in town. 😄
Hearing the same re some RDFL players. But history tells us they do struggle in premier and probably more suited to div1. However there is the odd exception.

I believe Archer was signed for 2 years. I would be surprised if he left but who knows in today’s footy circus..

Cmon PC your better than that. The 3 clubs that you have mentioned are all controlled by big power brokers and big $$. Not many clubs in the state can match offers these clubs offer players.
It’s definitely harder with the points system in play and surely you agree it was beneficial for those clubs that had strong juniors and retention of players prior to the points system coming in. Retention of players was built on offering them very good $$ years ago.

You also now find there are not many new coaches applying for roles! Why? Because you can’t go and coach a club and bring a group of 5-6 mates along. That was always enticing to some players. Take a position at a club which hasn’t won a premiership for a while and try and get them success.
NO it’s not based on $$ as usually a core group would play for unders to play or reunite with mates.

Good on Keilor. Best coach by a mile and a squad with depth. But don’t tell me some of these players play for peanuts. But it’s a good mix and there bottom players are what holds them in good stead.

Points System and $....has the EDFL brought into the equation House Extensions, new cars, Employment, Landscaping, House deposits, Renovations, Vacations etc....duh..even the basic home accountant could manage the players payment structure for a club...if the EDFL employed a Forensic accountant to look into a few clubs I would suggest several premiership cups would be changing cabinets...

Chappy staying on at Greenvale Nat Caruso now apart of the coaching group as a playing assistant.. thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Points System and $....has the EDFL brought into the equation House Extensions, new cars, Employment, Landscaping, House deposits, Renovations, Vacations etc....duh..even the basic home accountant could manage the players payment structure for a club...if the EDFL employed a Forensic accountant to look into a few clubs I would suggest several premiership cups would be changing cabinets...

Salary Cap and audit process is controlled by AFL Vic - and the auditors are selected by AFL Vic... if there was ever a chance to do a forensic audit it was on Deer Park... if you don't ask the right questions, you don't get the right answers

Not much happening on here this time of year usually the silly season...

Foster won’t be at Pascoe Vale next year big loss

Foster retired and yes a big loss but they have got on the front foot and recruited 3-4 handy types, as well as a young homegrown player returning plus big Giles hopefully back from his ACL injury. Puts them in a better position overall list wise.
Johncock also leaving.

This news as all been on social media so it’s out there.

St Albans in for 2020 ,EDFL meeting tonight to discuss , it will be interesting to see what a couple of the very experienced board members contribute to this discussion. I know one of them will have a dinner appointment and will need to depart early, as has happened at 9 different board meetings .

How far west do we need to go? Burnside is already too far. No idea why they are grabbing teams from the west....
St Albans in for 2020 ,EDFL meeting tonight to discuss , it will be interesting to see what a couple of the very experienced board members contribute to this discussion. I know one of them will have a dinner appointment and will need to depart early, as has happened at 9 different board meetings .

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back