EDFL Juniors

Remove this Banner Ad

In regards to the proposed new rules.
Of the 37 clubs, 13 have opposed - 2 have agreed and the rest haven’t responded - so edfl will say we only had 13 of 37 not agree so we are going ahead with the changes as majority are not opposed

In regards to the proposed new rules.
Of the 37 clubs, 13 have opposed - 2 have agreed and the rest haven’t responded - so edfl will say we only had 13 of 37 not agree so we are going ahead with the changes as majority are not opposed
Why wouldn't club respond? To lazy? I just dont understand

I heard some rumors about Craigieburn fielding a 17 year old in the under 12s. What do you guys think of this?
Football is intended to be an inclusive sport. There are many kids from different ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds that can also have metal and physical disabilities that would make playing in their own age group impossibly difficult. Some kids just didn't grow, others may be 1 day too old to qualify for the best age group and sometimes you are the only girl in the age appropriate team. All these, and probably others are absolutely valid reasons for playing in an alternate age group, on application to and at the discretion of the EDFL. Maybe we shoud be applauding Craigieburn for showing compassion to a kid that is otherwise unable to participate in sport?

Football is intended to be an inclusive sport. There are many kids from different ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds that can also have metal and physical disabilities that would make playing in their own age group impossibly difficult. Some kids just didn't grow, others may be 1 day too old to qualify for the best age group and sometimes you are the only girl in the age appropriate team. All these, and probably others are absolutely valid reasons for playing in an alternate age group, on application to and at the discretion of the EDFL. Maybe we shoud be applauding Craigieburn for showing compassion to a kid that is otherwise unable to participate in sport?
Agree, but also seen kids at clubs that struggle and playing in 2nds teams ( kid just wants to play and enjoy the sport with limited ability) that get bullied by opponents playing in a 1st side and the coaches, runners etc don’t act for the better of football to pull the bully kid up. Some clubs appoint morons as officiating people…”Oh we didn’t know” “Oh we didn’t anything”

A question for the Craigieburn juniors people.
I went and watched a few junior games at the outside novel at Highgate yesterday.
Noticed all the Craigieburn junior teams wore Cannon jumpers.
Can anyone shed some light? Just curious.

Went past a junior 14s practice game on the weekend and seen a runner just stay on the ground telling kids where to go and what to do when they had the ball. Yes it was only a practice game and he never did anything untoward the opposition but how are kids going to learn and more importantly enjoy the game when this type of person is doing this. Never went back to the coach for the quarter I witnessed. The club actually had everyone in vests even match day official so they were very well organised but this idiot just wrecked it. And this club wonders why juniors numbers are leaving the club. Fun, learn, teamwork, develop.
I just don’t get it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back