EDFL Div 2 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Weekend Report

I’ve decided to sit down and watch all the games to get my head fully around div 2 .

Northern Saints vs Coburg Districts
Districts were absolutely a step above the Saints they looked to skilled and well to drilled for the saints. Gleeson flexed his muscles a bit against a very small Northen saints defence but he proved how dominant he can be

Mooney Valley vs Oak Park
Oak park dominated and had the game on there terms for majority of the day they looked like the had studied the way the Fog play and shut down there outside run for most of the game. Taylor Hotchkin played an awesome game on Padmore and took his brilliance out of the game also Cronin played really well kicking 5 against a strong Fog defence

Burnside heights vs East Sunbury
Two sides who are fighting for a finals spot it was probably the best game of the round, East came out in top and have showed that they are the 4th best side in this comp and do deserve to play finals. First time watching Cooper McPharlane and can honestly say he is one of if not the most dangerous and damaging forward in the comp he’s a smaller key forward but is surprisingly so dominant in the air if he had kicked straight burnside would of got no where near them and burnside clearly realised that as they had to drop Fawcus back on him and play 2 defenders on him in the third quarter. Really impressed with the young kid and can confidently say he is my new favourite player in the comp.

Jacana vs Hadfield
All knew this was gonna be the outcome but can see that jacana have improved and do have some upside and have heard that they are going to be able to fill 2 sides next year which is a positive for the league

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I would have to agree with your assessment on McPharlane. He played with my boy in juniors at craigieburn. He has always had strong hands . He plays a lot taller then he is . It’s great that he is playing well . I think he is playing down to low with the talent he has. My son tells me that one of his junior clubs( craigieburn or greenvale )is trying to get him back next year

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well the top four is locked in.
MV and OP were a lock anyway, can ES or CB cause an upset?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

its looking grimmer by the day. Growing more unlikely that any finals will be played. Talk of promotion/relegation potentially going ahead, I can’t see how this can happen. I’ve been hot n heavy on the fog this year but Oak Park showed they can more than match (although I think MV would still win the big dance), I‘m sure Oak Park wouldn’t be happy if MV we’re by promoted by decree. They are both evenly matched I feel it would be an unfair promotion given the circumstances. Just my thoughts.

its looking grimmer by the day. Growing more unlikely that any finals will be played. Talk of promotion/relegation potentially going ahead, I can’t see how this can happen. I’ve been hot n heavy on the fog this year but Oak Park showed they can more than match (although I think MV would still win the big dance), I‘m sure Oak Park wouldn’t be happy if MV we’re by promoted by decree. They are both evenly matched I feel it would be an unfair promotion given the circumstances. Just my thoughts.
It would be unfair, but if you were either of these clubs, you would want someone to go up if they had the chance, otherwise if both stay down you are competing again next year for that one same promotion! and then its 2 years wasted for one of these clubs! if they are good enough in 12 months time again.

It would be unfair, but if you were either of these clubs, you would want someone to go up if they had the chance, otherwise if both stay down you are competing again next year for that one same promotion! and then its 2 years wasted for one of these clubs! if they are good enough in 12 months time again.

you could argue it’s a wasted season for all clubs, but moreso unfortunate for those clubs who would have featured in the finals. Who knows we may still have a week or two of finals, here’s hoping.

I guess MV have been on the verge for a few years whereas Oak Park only just went down. I think the clubs will vote on how it happens if at all, otherwise the EDFL will put EK up in div1 so ultimately MV will go up being the top side. 😄

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My nephew just sent me through awards night list
Who do we think for Top 5 b and f and team of the year in this comp

Auck, they go through a lot of coaches up there. Why is that would you know. Need stability!

I'll come back to this one mate. Club has had a bad couple of days. so probably best to leave it for now.

too often the tail wags the dog and it easier to get rid of the coach than the playing group that has no real go in them when things get tough
Watched a few of there games on sportscast and they give away a lot of 50s by disputing decisions. That needs to be controlled as it’s difficult to win games as it is.

Watched a few of there games on sportscast and they give away a lot of 50s by disputing decisions. That needs to be controlled as it’s difficult to win games as it is.
When the coaches and playing group start concentrating on the umpire and the decisions they make they stop playing football simple as that ! it will take a huge culture change for this to be turned around and a few players noses put out of joint and the club and committee to back a coach who wants to change the place other wise they are doomed to be a mediocre club for ever

When the coaches and playing group start concentrating on the umpire and the decisions they make they stop playing football simple as that ! it will take a huge culture change for this to be turned around and a few players noses put out of joint and the club and committee to back a coach who wants to change the place other wise they are doomed to be a mediocre club for ever

too true. As I’ve heard from someone who was very close to the club until recently, things won’t change until they look outside.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back