EDFL Div 2 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok , I will call it right now , all Div 2 clubs be prepared to have another bye when you are fixtured with the Jacana game.
Why would anyone believe that Jacana will have a team when they have 7 players being cleared in and approx 30 going out.
I understand that alot of the players going out will be U16 from last year heading off to Therry, but not 30
On the positive side for the Jags they wont need to rush around and panic buy toilet rolls for 2020

Ok , I will call it right now , all Div 2 clubs be prepared to have another bye when you are fixtured with the Jacana game.
Why would anyone believe that Jacana will have a team when they have 7 players being cleared in and approx 30 going out.
I understand that alot of the players going out will be U16 from last year heading off to Therry, but not 30
On the positive side for the Jags they wont need to rush around and panic buy toilet rolls for 2020
They're getting around 15-20 most nights. They'll have a side no doubt.

Hearing things are not all roses at KP, some of the new recruits may want out. One comment I heard directly from one of the players was it is the coldest most windy place he has ever been.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Maybe they should harden up. 😄 It’s always been cold and windy at KP but they are building nicely im hearing. Plenty of numbers on there training trip weekend.

You already know that’s a lie how can it be one of the coldest places if the only training this new recruit has done is during summer
wait til June said player..... what a load of crap if true show the player the door now

Donald D

Maybe they should harden up. 😄 It’s always been cold and windy at KP but they are building nicely im hearing. Plenty of numbers on there training trip weekend.
Firstly well done KP on getting the numbers up, hopefully it is sustainable and they can survive and prosper.
My concern with them is they have offered ordinary footballers good $$ , blokes who have played reserve B & C Grade footy, at best Premier Reserve players(apart from Kempster who is a very good player and should still be playing Premier). There is a reason why these players Couldn't get a game at their previous clubs , and I'd say apart from ability, a big reason is they are not committed. Which is ok if you're playing 2's , but when you're getting paid you MUST perform or at minimum be prepared to put your body on the line. These players will be tested , I just hope for KP sake they earn their $$ or this could go downhill very quickly..

Firstly well done KP on getting the numbers up, hopefully it is sustainable and they can survive and prosper.
My concern with them is they have offered ordinary footballers good $$ , blokes who have played reserve B & C Grade footy, at best Premier Reserve players(apart from Kempster who is a very good player and should still be playing Premier). There is a reason why these players Couldn't get a game at their previous clubs , and I'd say apart from ability, a big reason is they are not committed. Which is ok if you're playing 2's , but when you're getting paid you MUST perform or at minimum be prepared to put your body on the line. These players will be tested , I just hope for KP sake they earn their $$ or this could go downhill very quickly..
Survey, I understand your point but they wouldn’t be getting much money just basic match payments and maybe in incentitives. They work within there budget. But some $$ and playing at 2pm is better for some I guess. Do some work Sat mornings maybe? Do some struggle to get to every training night?

How much more downhill can they go. This club was on the bottom of division 3 ( Jacana aside) with 25-28 players at most. Based on the advertising for a thirds coach, i assume they have anywhere between 75-80 players. They have already won. Membership alone would be close to $30k and once season starts with meals and general spend would be a bonanza for a club that was re-starting. Whatever happens, they are certainly heading in the right direction as the place should be buzzing. Great foundation for any club to use this as a guide to target seconds & thirds players if they are re-building. By the way, from what i heard and some of the names i have seen, these players will be very, very competitive in this division !

I reckon they have targeted the right players as you need to start somewhere and good div 1 and premier second players will easily handle 3rd div .if they start geting a few wins this season and are competitive and get no real thumping's then gives them a good platform to recruit better players the year after .

I reckon they have targeted the right players as you need to start somewhere and good div 1 and premier second players will easily handle 3rd div .if they start geting a few wins this season and are competitive and get no real thumping's then gives them a good platform to recruit better players the year after .
And also need to consider that expectations at div1 level have increased over recent seasons so more players tending to drop back to div2 for some extra $$. It only strengthens div2 I reckon. If your going well in div1 reserves or thirds and just not getting a game at senior div1 due to other commitments stopping you from giving 100% commitment during the week, then why not play div2 seniors. Some div1 clubs allow some flexibility however some do not. It’s debatable which method is better at div1 level but if some player is doing all the right things then difficult to leave him out for someone giving less. Tough job coaching I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And also need to consider that expectations at div1 level have increased over recent seasons so more players tending to drop back to div2 for some extra $$. It only strengthens div2 I reckon. If your going well in div1 reserves or thirds and just not getting a game at senior div1 due to other commitments stopping you from giving 100% commitment during the week, then why not play div2 seniors. Some div1 clubs allow some flexibility however some do not. It’s debatable which method is better at div1 level but if some player is doing all the right things then difficult to leave him out for someone giving less. Tough job coaching I guess.
I’d rather a good player that can only train once a week over an ordinary player that trains twice a week.

I don’t disagree with you but that player needs to be good. Ex AFL, VFL, GVFL etc. otherwise it can create disharmony among the playing group and others start to follow and train 1 night..
I don’t disagree with you totally, however; a player that would be a regular starter in a premier division team could also be given an exemption to train just once a week.

Survey, I understand your point but they wouldn’t be getting much money just basic match payments and maybe in incentitives. They work within there budget. But some $$ and playing at 2pm is better for some I guess. Do some work Sat mornings maybe? Do some struggle to get to every training night?
$400 a game for a premier reserve player who has played a handful of senior games(less than 10) over 5 years. That’s way overs in my book Turbo.

$400 a game for a premier reserve player who has played a handful of senior games(less than 10) over 5 years. That’s way overs in my book Turbo.
Played premier at which club? Depends on which player it is (no need to name players on here) but that can be what clubs will pay yes.

A club that has not participated in finals, been in relegation zone
Is it the guy from AH??

It’s not uncommon for a div2 to pay this type of coin. I’m sure if he fits the model they are after then you do need a couple of these &250-400 range players. As long as he gives you 100% commitment on and off field then I don’t see a problem with it. If his played senior premier footy then he must be decent and able to play good footy at div2 level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back