EDFL Div 1 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

dandy redlegs

Senior List
Aug 17, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hearing lot's going on behind the scene's re: a certain Div 1 club and Salary Cap.. Couple of High Profile Presidents hell bent on not allowing this to happen and let the EDFL become a joke like the WRFL.... Watch this space...
Div 1 coaches being matey with a certain opposition coach on FB,,, This was a case of "keep your friends close , but your enemies closer"... This has a way to go but it will come to a head before the season get's away...
hey survey.
l posted that in september and it has been snowballing since.
l agree about watch this space .
A competition without integrity is not a competition.

hey survey.
l posted that in september and it has been snowballing since.
l agree about watch this space .
A competition without integrity is not a competition.
do we really expect the edfl to man up and investigate .even f the do they don't have a good track record with salary cap or point breaches take abbers a few years ago over the cap fined 10k but still kept the premiership .Ek 2109 over the points first few round and nothing done other than the edfl taking the blame yerr right ! unfortunately the div 1 teams are going to have to suck it up get on with it and do the best they can and hope it all implodes at the club in question.

do we really expect the edfl to man up and investigate .even f the do they don't have a good track record with salary cap or point breaches take abbers a few years ago over the cap fined 10k but still kept the premiership .Ek 2109 over the points first few round and nothing done other than the edfl taking the blame yerr right ! unfortunately the div 1 teams are going to have to suck it up get on with it and do the best they can and hope it all implodes at the club in question.
Yes we expect the EDFL to take action

l am fascinated you presume that cannons or vic metro teams are the barometer for success. just because a kid doesnt know someone or has a famous dad or doesnt fit some recruiters mould means that kid cant be one of the best local footballers for years. Plenty running around who never get the chance to play TAC and there are plenty who did and cant get a kick against men.
I do agree there are some kids who get a tac opportunity and kids with more ability miss out. ( Brock Chircop classic example ) However I’d say the percentage is quite low 5-10% my guess. The other 90-95% deserve there spot.
Kids who do play a significant number of Tac games are very well placed to succeed at local senior level. The ones who don’t generally lack the commitment required.

Get your facts right about the points champ. The league signed them off and then realised THEY made a mistake, not EK. But I'm pretty sure if it was your club they would have let the league know about beforehand wouldn't they? No chance.

Get your facts right about the points champ. The league signed them off and then realised THEY made a mistake, not EK. But I'm pretty sure if it was your club they would have let the league know about beforehand wouldn't they? No chance.
Inanunda you could be right you could be wrong, No one outside ek and the edfl know exactly what went on and who cares as that is history now. My statement was not a knock on ek but with the edfl and their lack of decisive action

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to struggle to make top 6 at this stage

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Bashen I think you could well be right but I fear if they don't get a coach very quickly they could face dropping down another division .There must be some very worried heads at APW .Geez the coach who did the dirty on them has a lot to answer for

Bashen I think you could well be right but I fear if they don't get a coach very quickly they could face dropping down another division .There must be some very worried heads at APW .Geez the coach who did the dirty on them has a lot to answer for

Trent Rogers appointed as Senior Coach at Airport West.

Not sure any coach has done the dirty? You might have different mail

Trent Rogers appointed as Senior Coach at Airport West.

Not sure any coach has done the dirty? You might have different mail
Good luck to Trent, hope all goes well for him and the club.

Yes 100% previous coach left the club high and dry with very little and very late feedback

Good luck to Trent, hope all goes well for him and the club.

Yes 100% previous coach left the club high and dry with very little and very late feedback

Didn’t he pick up a VFL job? Was he supposed to turn that down to keep a Div 1 suburban coaching job?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn’t he pick up a VFL job? Was he supposed to turn that down to keep a Div 1 suburban coaching job?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
he got the job and was actively seek a better gig now that might be common practice in business but its a low act at a local footy club .
The only saving grace was he got a vfl job took off and showed he was not 100% committed to APW . I may be old fashioned in my views but if you take a job and start then you do the right thing and at least finish the season out

he got the job and was actively seek a better gig now that might be common practice in business but its a low act at a local footy club .
The only saving grace was he got a vfl job took off and showed he was not 100% committed to APW . I may be old fashioned in my views but if you take a job and start then you do the right thing and at least finish the season out
😂😂
Funniest thing I’ve read on here for a while.
Also the dumbest thing.

Remember the thing Covid. A year off created opportunities otherwise he would have stayed on I’m guessing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back