Preview Changes/Preview – Round 8 vs. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’ve missed the point.

I don’t plan to bother with this so I’ll hairpin elsewhere.

I will be super positive on this board forever if you promise to stop spamming irrelevant, tedious content that I can get from my Twitter account if I cared to do so.

Agree? Tops. Knew I could rely on you mate

It wasn't a reply to you, so not sure why you feel the need to insert yourself with personal comments.

Feel free to block me if you don't want to engage about footy. I'm more than ok with that.

Tops.

This year - 2 goals per game behind Cats and Blues.
2023 - 6th for goals per game.

This year we're 8th for goals per inside 50.

People are going overboard with the commentary. The facts don't back it up.

OK, lets actually look at the games.

Round 1: 2 goals to half time, 3rd quarter burst then 2 goals in the last qtr. Very uninspiring performance
Round 2: Yep, entertaining game. Played our bunnies the Dogs but won't complain as three of the four quarters were fun to watch
Round 3: 2nd quarter was rubbish but overall I enjoyed watching us roll the Hawks (again)
Round 4: Yep, entertaining performance. Complete opposite of how these games usually go for us, normally we're the ones dominating for no reward whilst the oppo punish us for every mistake
Round 5: Rubbish game honestly, yes we won by 15 but Crows were broken and still threatened to win in the last quarter somehow?
Round 6: Worst performance we've had in five years, don't need to say much more about how bad this was
Round 7: Awful first half, pulled away in the second half against a team crippled by injuries

Do I like winning? Yep. Do I have faith we can score against good teams? Nope. We've had three terrible games to watch out of seven, three good ones and everyone can debate the Richmond game.

I don't think you can quantify 'entertainment levels' off stats - like the inside 50 counts, how often do we just launch it to the pockets? I think its very fair to want a little more from this team in terms of watchability, the last two years have proved the grinding style don't work and its up to the coaches to move away from that. Are they trying? I think they are, but we're still too conservative.

It wasn't a reply to you, so not sure why you feel the need to insert yourself with personal comments.

Feel free to block me if you don't want to engage about footy. I'm more than ok with that.

Tops.
you posted on a public board and you don’t want general engagement? You can get that no worries. It’s called private message. Or email

you posted on a public board and you don’t want general engagement? You can get that no worries. It’s called private message. Or email

No champ, just not sure why you're sooking it up about posts I made where you weren't involved.

Got to be a special kind of snowflake to insert yourself just so you can tell people you're annoyed.

OK, lets actually look at the games.

Round 1: 2 goals to half time, 3rd quarter burst then 2 goals in the last qtr. Very uninspiring performance
Round 2: Yep, entertaining game. Played our bunnies the Dogs but won't complain as three of the four quarters were fun to watch
Round 3: 2nd quarter was rubbish but overall I enjoyed watching us roll the Hawks (again)
Round 4: Yep, entertaining performance. Complete opposite of how these games usually go for us, normally we're the ones dominating for no reward whilst the oppo punish us for every mistake
Round 5: Rubbish game honestly, yes we won by 15 but Crows were broken and still threatened to win in the last quarter somehow?
Round 6: Worst performance we've had in five years, don't need to say much more about how bad this was
Round 7: Awful first half, pulled away in the second half against a team crippled by injuries

Do I like winning? Yep. Do I have faith we can score against good teams? Nope. We've had three terrible games to watch out of seven, three good ones and everyone can debate the Richmond game.

I don't think you can quantify 'entertainment levels' off stats - like the inside 50 counts, how often do we just launch it to the pockets? I think its very fair to want a little more from this team in terms of watchability, the last two years have proved the grinding style don't work and its up to the coaches to move away from that. Are they trying? I think they are, but we're still too conservative.

Completely fair post. No argument there.

My point is people are going over the top with the assessments when really we're pretty middle of the road so far.

I get that it's the internet and everyone is fighting to be the most outrageous, but it's just not reality.

Apologies for the footy related content to all those offended.

Completely fair post. No argument there.

My point is people are going over the top with the assessments when really we're pretty middle of the road so far.

I get that it's the internet and everyone is fighting to be the most outrageous, but it's just not reality.

Apologies for the footy related content to all those offended.
Give it a rest with the offended thing. Nobody is offended.

I think you have summed it up already. We were flying just a few years back. We aren’t now. Middle of the road. And regardless of win/loss that is concerning. It would be less concerning if didn’t look like we are doubling down on certain things against the flow of changes in the rest of the competition. And you might think people are going over the top on this, but that’s opinion. Middle of the road is difficult to enjoy. Not great, but not obviously building either.

Nobody is fighting to be outrageous because Kent won years back

I think you have summed it up already. We were flying just a few years back. We aren’t now. Middle of the road. And regardless of win/loss that is concerning. It would be less concerning if didn’t look like we are doubling down on certain things against the flow of changes in the rest of the competition. And you might think people are going over the top on this, but that’s opinion. Middle of the road is difficult to enjoy. Not great, but not obviously building either.

Badge me up Scythe94

Please let it happen.
I rate Demons highly, and reading posts here, sounds like the team is not firing, but top 4 with some impressive wins...
We are being told we haven't played a decent team yet (Lions and Blues are pretty decent in my book), but this week, a well rested Demons team with Gawn, a great MF, and brilliant KB's, will certainly test us.
Midfield hasn't been great for a couple years tbh.
We've beaten 11th, 12th, 16th and 17th and looked crap in a couple of them as well and got flogged by Brisbane. I think we're a long way off our 'best' whatever that is now

Geez I really wanna unblock for some context here but reading this I'm guessing we should all pump up the noise for our mediocrity this season #kateroffey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez I really wanna unblock for some context here but reading this I'm guessing we should all pump up the noise for our mediocrity this season #kateroffey
I think that is the message I’m getting? Honestly no idea.

The irony of the same posters who want more 'entertainment' calling others Kate Roffey...

Some people want to win games, some want a bit of John Denver after a goal.

Well figure it out ya spanner
Okay so it’s complex. It’s to do with our inside 50 count, posters being in the same lane as Kate Roffe, us being middle of the road but that’s good or something, me relying to a post when I’m not allowed to, battle of the outrageous and I’m a champ and a snowflake.

I haven’t fully unpicked this but I’m enjoying where it might be going, anything goes Jack Kerouac style

Ew the Gabba stuff is cringey as
There are many reasons why I am happy for Charlie to go goalless, but John Denver is far the biggest reason.

St Kilda had a go at pop songs after each goal 4/5 years back, but after their season exploded the fans revolted at having to listen to I’m walking on sunshine while 80 points down

Okay so it’s complex. It’s to do with our inside 50 count, posters being in the same lane as Kate Roffe, us being middle of the road but that’s good or something, me relying to a post when I’m not allowed to, battle of the outrageous and I’m a champ and a snowflake.

I haven’t fully unpicked this but I’m enjoying where it might be going, anything goes Jack Kerouac style
Our inside 50 count hey, I smell an expected scores stat coming on 😂

Do they not remember the specific emails we sent not in support of the roff dog

I mean sure why not aim for the middle, can't be disappointed when you go out in straight sets again then.

You are champ and a snowflake though can't argue there

Although im slightly confused about the Roffey reference, surely cheering us on regardless of how mediocre we are is exactly what Roffey wants from us therefore aren't we the anti Roffey

St Kilda had a go at pop songs after each goal 4/5 years back, but after their season exploded the fans revolted at having to listen to I’m walking on sunshine while 80 points down

Oh I remember that, their board was going mental that year.

Us, Saints and Port easily have the most entertaining meltdowns after a loss.

There are many reasons why I am happy for Charlie to go goalless, but John Denver is far the biggest reason.

Yeah they add music to basketball and hockey games because if you've ever actually been the crowd atmosphere is ******* s**t so they need to artificially make noise. They may aswell play music during live play in our games tbh

Our inside 50 count hey, I smell an expected scores stat coming on 😂

Do they not remember the specific emails we sent not in support of the roff dog

I mean sure why not aim for the middle, can't be disappointed when you go out in straight sets again then.

You are champ and a snowflake though can't argue there

Although im slightly confused about the Roffey reference, surely cheering us on regardless of how mediocre we are is exactly what Roffey wants from us therefore aren't we the anti Roffey
The roffey stuff has me stumped but I did identify with being a champ and a snowflake. I’m exploring my ignore option now so won’t be able to get to the bottom of it. Which is a shame

Oh I remember that, their board was going mental that year.

Us, Saints and Port easily have the most entertaining meltdowns after a loss.
My three favourite boards. And Tigs, but for entirely different reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back