Preview Changes/Preview – Round 10 vs. West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was hoping that it was either Tom Fullarton or Will Verrall not BBB, though. Dude's got a physicality of a lettuce leaf.

As for Salem ugh, Did AMW urinate in Goody's coffee or something.
Look, I'd love to see more from Salem consistently, but Andy M-W with zero AFL games is not a better option than a fit Christian Salem. Especially when we've got inexperienced players in Woewodin, Windsor, Howes in the team as well, plus McAdam playing his first game for the club.

I don't think the Eagles will be an easy win. Get back with 4 points and no injuries, and I'll be pleased.

And if Brown plays as little TOG as possible, I'll be thrilled. Our forward line of Chandler/Petty/McAdam; ANB/Fritsch/Pickett is as good as I've seen this year.

McAdam in means I want him to kick 5, Brown and Salem mean I want 5 to be our amount of goals for the game
McAdam is a type of player that statistically won't look much but will have a big impact. Like 7 kicks 3 handballs 4 tackles, but will kick 3, 3 assist and will take good marks, good pressure. He'll probably do more but if Brown had 10 disposals it will look like 1 goal 1, with a mark on the wing, and a goal from a soft free, zero tackles. I actually struggled to visualise anything else, maybe a kick down the line from the back pocket.

McAdam is a type of player that statistically won't look much but will have a big impact. Like 7 kicks 3 handballs 4 tackles, but will kick 3, 3 assist and will take good marks, good pressure. He'll probably do more but if Brown had 10 disposals it will look like 1 goal 1, with a mark on the wing, and a goal from a soft free, zero tackles. I actually struggled to visualise anything else, maybe a kick down the line from the back pocket.
Turnover by WC at half back, Chandler wins it and kicks inside 50 to brown alone in the pocket. Bananas an easy goal and gets a game for 6 weeks

Look, I'd love to see more from Salem consistently, but Andy M-W with zero AFL games is not a better option than a fit Christian Salem. Especially when we've got inexperienced players in Woewodin, Windsor, Howes in the team as well, plus McAdam playing his first game for the club.

I don't think the Eagles will be an easy win. Get back with 4 points and no injuries, and I'll be pleased.

And if Brown plays as little TOG as possible, I'll be thrilled. Our forward line of Chandler/Petty/McAdam; ANB/Fritsch/Pickett is as good as I've seen this year.
Christian Salem should not be an automatic in because of his name same with BBB.

Goody should instate and institute a policy where you have to return through the reserves and prove yourself and come out unscathed.

You should not have any favorites as a coach. Stagnation and complacency is what did us in the last couple of years.

I'm worried about how McAdam will look playing for us but excited to see him play regardless. Looked best when he had space to operate in and play as a small full forward for the Crows, won't get that sort of space in our F50.

Last edited:
We might against West coast but don't get sucked in.
Doubt it, Goody talking contest defense in his press conference. Screams same old shit, lets beat them by keeping them under 70, ideally something like 80 to 58 if Goody has his way. What worries me most is what others have said, the nightmare scenario of Ben Brown kicking 3 or 4 and everyone else kicking 1.

Doubt it, Goody talking contest defense in his press conference. Screams same old s**t, lets beat them by keeping them under 70, ideally something like 80 to 58 if Goody has his way. What worries me most is what others have said, the nightmare scenario of Ben Brown kicking 3 or 4 and everyone else kicking 1.
We might be defensive but I reckon we'll still get some good looks forward. It won't be because of our brilliant play, but more west coast not being that good. That's what I mean by don't get sucked in, we'll look good without actually being a good attacking team.

I don't hate him either; I just don't get how he gets straight back in the team whenever he returns from injury.

Like he could be a good senior role player for the rest of his career, but he seems to be viewed internally as a key player despite having minimal impact for ~ 18 months.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think we all know why, we just don't agree with Goody. He's a Goody favourite and suits Goody's style.

Halloween Tube GIF by Storyful
Fozzie Bear Reaction GIF

It's all part of Goodwin's clever master plan.
Lose against a few bottom half sides. Makes the unsuspecting top sides think we are no threat.
A devilish plan.

I've heard on the grapevine that Goody is planning on playing Ben Brown off the HBF, is this true?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back