Autopsy Autopsy v hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Both Duursma and McKercher don't really look quite ready for AFL.

They're too skinny and too soft.
I agree, and it’s no slight on them as they are obviously hugely talented. We’ve kind of backed ourselves into a corner though by playing both from round 1. It’s going to be tricky dropping them back to the VFL without it being seen as a knock on their efforts.

As an extension to that, I’m coming around to the idea we should almost do the opposite of ‘playing the kids’. I’d much rather have Stephenson and Taylor and Greenwood and Shiels in the side and trash their careers than our actually talented footballers.

What would come of a crisis meeting anyway?

Coffees, pizza, ole school Nintendo , sumo wrestling, scavenger hunt at 3am….……god knows what….but here’s an idea…l bet he has no idea how to fix said crisis.

Well that’s 13 pages of people jumping of North and interestingly Big Footy which means that Hojuman Nate7 koshari we should be able to post all manner of interesting threads on here by Rd 13 and no one will care because no one will be here

How the hell does rawlings still have a job? How is that bunny mcdonald our captain? Absolute imposters. Typical of the boys club syndrome that has engulfed this club.
Sadly the boys club thing has been around for ever. The captains dad was General Manager too once upon a time.
Time for change, I thought Clarko was it but it seems he doesn't have the drive he once did.
The captains couldn't lead blokes off a plank.
Harry hurts when he makes a mistake but no one else seems to.
Brady Rawlings can foook right off he has KILLED our club.

On SM-A526B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Coffees, pizza, ole school Nintendo , sumo wrestling, scavenger hunt at 3am….……god knows what….but here’s an idea…l bet he has no idea how to fix said crisis.

Tim Lane

A crisis for Tim would be tea with or without sugar

For goodness sake talk about drama for the sake of drama

Remember at the start of 07 Laidley took the playing group for pre season training at a ****ing cemetery??

Something worked… we made a prelim that year!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The sad thing is I think the players for the most part are trying....unfortunately we look like a 2nd year GC/GWS. This is gonna take a bit longer than what most have anticipated.

Buckle up.
This is about as accurate a post as there could be about where we are at.

I absolutely love this club, I will never stop buying memberships & showing up to games (that I can attend). I also do not leave games early I will always stay til the final siren

I miss the days where when you would mention to someone that you support north Melbourne and they wouldn’t say “oh poor you”
Or the faux niceness of “you showed glimpses last year…”, which results in me giving them the blankest of hard stares.

Losing two of the best of them unexpectedly doesn’t help, but yeah.

Players come and go, but we still have an incredible amount of investment in mids on the books, most successful clubs haven't had access to anywhere near the amount of midfield talent that we have. GWS had less access to midfield talent and they were shithouse for only a few years.

There is something fundamentally wrong with how we are attempting to play footy. It is from the ground up, the players we draft, they way we develop them, the game plan we try to play. I don't know how much is the fault of people before Clarkson's time but we haven't made any improvement at all in the time he has been here and that is a concern.

Hate to even think about it but a move to Tassie is not out of the question if we are still putrid in another couple of years.
How’s about we assess that in another couple of years then?

Are we meant to be playing a full ground zone when not in possession?

It's hard to always tell on the TV coverage, but numerous times today I could see 3-4 North players clustered together, then space. If we're playing a zone, no one knows where the feck to go it seems?

Sent from my SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah, it's bewildering - the opposition get it at half back and cut us to ribbons - but we have players who over commit forward and don't get back on turnover which makes the zone null and void. Backmen have to leave their man or choose between two forwards.

And today we were scored against heavily from stoppages. Way too easy for the Hawks to waltz out the front with no pressure.

Or the faux niceness of “you showed glimpses last year…”, which results in me giving them the blankest of hard stares.
And the “you’ll get there soon” by supporters of a team who surround the top 4 every year

In some weird way I'm as invested now as I was in the golden era, and more than I was in the 'meh' years.
That was a good win that one!
It was indeed! There was hardly anyone there but I did spot the guy from 'Pugwall' after the game on the ground (naturally, we could go onto the MCG surface after the game, as was the style of the time). He was holding a banner that had a cartoon of Chris Lewis biting someone, and got in trouble for it.

It was a game we probably weren't expected to win, and we did. Loved it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back