Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 9 - Blues v Demons Thurs May 9th 7:30pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 8 9.4%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The elastic is broke you’ve stretch that far trying to justify not paying the free for a dangerous tackle. The umpire didn’t blow the call. You’re so salty that if you went for a swim in the ocean the saline density would actually increase. You’re so salty, Leslie salt is looking to extract more salt for their operations from you.
wait, you're not suggesting it actually was a dangerous tackle are you? surely not.

you can't assure me anything. go look at the video evidence otherwise or you're just supporting umpire corruption as far as I'm concerned. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't fending off considered prior opportunity? If so, umps forgot the rules and cost us many vital frees.
Ducking is also considereal prior. They seemed to forget that at a crucial point.
Does that fit your epic melt?

wait, you're not suggesting it actually was a dangerous tackle are you? surely not.
The Muppets Dancing GIF

This is the crowd you hang out with.

Well it was the most one sided umpiring I've experienced since a dogs game in 2021 when Weightman flopped for about 5 goals. A very frustrating night of 1 sided inept, bs umpiring.
Very good. Umpires won the game for Carlton . Take that thought with you. Won't get you the W unfortunately . Maybe next time don't give up a 6 goal lead in wet conditions. Did your chances no favours whatsoever.

Yes but I think umps cost them a couple of goals. All other things being equal Melbourne should have been front on the final siren
"All other things being equal"?
So you've taken into account the goals/points that Dees got from sketchy calls? And every other variable?
I'm going to guess no.

A lot of people are idiots. All that I've seen with the 3 losses are that it obviously makes finishing top 4 difficult. So it's a pure numbers game. Another close loss tonight and it would've been the same. This one steadied the ship even if performance wise you could say not much separates every Carlton performance this season (there have been good and bad elements in all of them).

Blues are absolutely up there. Wins are solid gold at this point as we are right at the point where teams can start an amazing run that lasts through September (see the Richmond flag sides, Melbourne 2021, Geelong 2022 etc).
It’s all going to be ducks and drakes come the end of the season really. There’ll be a clear divide for the top 6 teams come round 14. And out of those 6 teams, any of them could win the flag come the end of the year with the right run. Will be interesting to see where we all end up.

It's a borderline call (not the only one on the night), but the full speed footage isn't a shocking call.
The slow-mo replay shows that Kemp's knee seems to dig into the ground and contribute to it.
Hardly a howler. Wouldn't bother me if it wasn't called.

Free kick to Oliver turns into free kick Cripps. At the very most, play on.

Maybe that clip is missing 5mins of Cripps holding Oliver, but on the poorly edited vision, that's a clear hold on Cripps. Not sure why any sane person would use this as evidence of the opposite.

good luck getting people to agree with you that this was worse than the Van Rooyen tackle. Gov fumbled it. Put it in real time and he didn't control it for long enough. He then tried to milk a free which clouded the umpires judgment.
He had 3 clear grabs at it and the last grab was reasonably controlled. That's usually enough.
Like some of the other contentious calls, I wouldn't say it was a howler, but probably a mark more than 50% of the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had 3 clear grabs at it and the last grab was reasonably controlled. That's usually enough.
Like some of the other contentious calls, I wouldn't say it was a howler, but probably a mark more than 50% of the time.
I’ve seen marks paid for less.

Thoughts on this mark NOT PAID to McGovern.

Charity goal to Petracca!

This clip is a strong case for showing how biased Carlton fans are.

How can you possibly think that counts as a mark?

Juggling the ball 3 times without ever controlling it isn’t a mark

Last edited:
Maybe that clip is missing 5mins of Cripps holding Oliver, but on the poorly edited vision, that's a clear hold on Cripps. Not sure why any sane person would use this as evidence of the opposite.
Cripps is literally chicken winging Oliver's arm. Ump got sucked in by the afl golden boy.

I think it was May wasn't it? Ducked into 2 Blues players and just dropped the ball. Even the commentators (I know, not a great example) said he was lucky.
the commentators said he was lucky. in the Van Rooyen one, the commentators said straight up it was a terrible decision. One cost us a goal.May didn't even have prior. He didn't even duck. He was already burrowed over. Regardless, they were never going to call that after blowing Walsh to drop the ball all night. It would've caused a riot.

Might have helped if the tackle stuck.
There were some questionable calls both ways, which is pretty standard I'd have thought.
It stuck more than enough for someone with 1 hour of prior. That gets called 99/100.

both ways. lol.

Only something a fan of the kissed club would say. Absolute farce tonight.

It stuck more than enough for someone with 1 hour of prior. That gets called 99/100.

both ways. lol.

Only something a fan of the kissed club would say. Absolute farce tonight.
It's not tag.
Rivers? May? Yes, both ways.
& no, it's something that anyone that isn't steering headfirst into petulance would say.

This clip is a strong case for showing how biased Carlton fans are.

How can you possibly think that counts as a mark?

Juggling the ball 3 times without ever controlling it isn’t a mark
This post is a strong case for how biased non-Carlton fans are.

That was a reasonably clear mark in most cases and plenty are paid for less control than that was.

But it happens. Harry wasn't awarded what I thought looked a pretty obvious pack grab up forward too. Umps are human and can't see everything all the time.

This post is a strong case for how biased non-Carlton fans are.

That was a reasonably clear mark in most cases and plenty are paid for less control than that was.

But it happens. Harry wasn't awarded what I thought looked a pretty obvious pack grab up forward too. Umps are human and can't see everything all the time.

Clear mark?!

the simpsons adult GIF

Back