Game Day 2024 Round 8 Discussion ....It's Carnage I Tell Ya !

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Season 4 Chandler GIF by Friends

Well....
thank the heavens the round is over.
Original predicted score was 2450
ended up with 1987.
Onto the next round.
First time you’ve ever posted your score too. Kudos to you for owning a low one.

Well, that was brutal.

Green - 5
Bolton - 36
Rowell - 66
Rozee - 53
Sheezel - 73

And pretty much every rookie on field sucked balls.

Escaped with a small shred of dignity thanks to my captain choice Serong and my magnificent ruck duo Xundy.

200w.gif

First of all I have to give a shout out to:

Darcy Wilson on field
Vince Mcmahon Wwe GIF

New recruit the English Praying Mantis with the C for 135X2
Happy Praying Mantis GIF by Survivor CBS

Luke Ryan - The last of the V8 Interceptors
Drifting Street Racing GIF by ORG®

And finally new recruit Sir Clarence of the House of Razorback
Football Pig GIF by Hogs+

& Green with 5
Ugh Disgusted GIF

2211 all out.

Last edited:
Ratty got ahead of himself. Ratty gloated last night about being ahead of the pack. Ratty thought he had avoided most of the carnage. Ratty thought he was good looping the Wilson ton.

but the SC Gods were'nt finished yet, SBS was still to come.

Ratty avoided the SC Gods Fyfe curveball and fielded Rarcia.

but Ratty had gloated last night about his captains average and the SC Gods watched patiently. Ratty passed on the Gawn VC and waited until the last game on SBS before locking in the splendid, most consistent ranga Redbull with the coveted C

The SC Gods threw the lube away and went in hard

Poop Bury GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

forgive me SC Gods for I have sinned. Ratty has learned his lessons.

all out 2125 - bye bye top 1000

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a quick one:

Plenty copped Green, Clohesy, Fyfe, Sam Darcy on-field, didn't arse their way to D Wilson, had a Matty Rowell or whoever.
Rough week.
It's one week out of 24-odd, the sun will still come up tomorrow.
Make the best of the trades that present and go down swinging.

How it started:

View attachment 1980667

Then:
  • Rozee subbed on 53
  • Green subbed on 5
  • Fyfe made sub
  • Wilson's 126 stuck with the E on my mid bench
  • Sub-tons from Sheezel, Houston, Walsh, Jackson, Touk
  • s**t scores from all my on-field rooks: Roberts, Reid, Darcy, Graham and Clohesy

How it finished:
View attachment 1980692

This season is truly something else. Have already clocked my worst two (soon to be three) round finishes in years, and tracking for my worst season in over a decade.

Somehow I won my Tragics game and am undefeated in that league though? Lol. Silver linings in a vast river of s**t 🤗

The thing that irritates me the most is that my team is actually pretty decent, but my PODs, trade-in timings and rookie roulette choices have been horrendous.

EDIT: had to update final score as I got scaled down 😅
IMG_3936.gif

Worst season I can ever recall having as well. Never quite as good as most folk here but normally in the top 5-10k most years, except my 998 final ranking in 2021 (even that year I was ranked 65k after Round 1). Could not have had a worse Round 1 and I reckon my teams not bad but impossible to catch up. Have thrown in the towel and looking at leagues now but missed a lot of early cash gen.

Just a quick one:

Plenty copped Green, Clohesy, Fyfe, Sam Darcy on-field, didn't arse their way to D Wilson, had a Matty Rowell or whoever.
Rough week.
It's one week out of 24-odd, the sun will still come up tomorrow.
Make the best of the trades that present and go down swinging.
tumblr_o2xqazGbg81td52ovo1_500.gif

Actually, had me thinking so went back and checked. These were my ranks after Round 1 each year before finishing 5-10k. I think there’s something wrong with my preseason planning but trades are good 🤣

2014 - 37k
2015 - 79k
2016 - 91k
2017 - 4k
2018 - 74k
2019 - 84k
2020 - 63k
2021 - 65k
2022 - 7k
2023 - 89k
2024 - 110k

View attachment 1980714

Worst season I can ever recall having as well. Never quite as good as most folk here but normally in the top 5-10k most years, except my 998 final ranking in 2021 (even that year I was ranked 65k after Round 1). Could not have had a worse Round 1 and I reckon my teams not bad but impossible to catch up. Have thrown in the towel and looking at leagues now but missed a lot of early cash gen.
Round 8, 2024 will go down in Supercoach infamy.

View attachment 1980714

Same here. Went top 700 last year, currently about 77000 places worse than that.
No move has been inherently bad, but just the combination hasn’t worked.
I’ve also been stuck in 22 plus emergencies thinking not best 18 like much of the season has been, and would have approached a little different in hindsight. No coincidence my best round ranking this season will be this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back