Game Day 2024 Round 3 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's been a tough weekend .....as some may know, my SP's (reliable (C) players), **** the bed .......both Dawson, and LDU just scraping into my final 18 ....this on top of having Green and Whitfield on my bench ......and Billings deciding to stay in bed rather than play

So, my joy at this unexpected ranking increase, provides some timely motivation .....slowly, slowly catch the Monkey

View attachment 1946527View attachment 1946543

It’s pleasing to know I’m only 74 points behind you which is about 14k ranking spots.
Couple of strong weeks and I can climb quickly hopefully

1711965905441.png

independence day GIF

Hope all you kenties had a great long weekend. I didn't get to watch much footy which is probably good because all the footy I watched ******* sucked.

I feel disgusted with myself for changing Bramble to Windhager last Thursday after having Bramble in my trade plans all week. How can a kent that's seemingly given the outside mid role be so bad at finding uncontested footy? FMD. That's my first big blunder of the year, but I'll give Windy one more week (pending BE) and if he spuds it up again and Young looks good, the roughie is ON.

Blunder considered, I'm pretty bloody chuffed with this:

Screenshot_20240401_200206_Chrome.jpg

I'm not expecting much this year because I'm going overseas for a couple of months mid-season and I expect the wheels to fall off then, but I'll ride the high and continue to trade like a madman until then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Surprised my score of 1928 gave me a ranking rise, I was expecting a fall.

View attachment 1946608
I thought the same. I'm guessing a lot of teams ranked towards the top had Green and/or Touk and lacked solid coverage for them. Seen some shocking benches on highly ranked teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scored 1910 in the end which was enough for me to basically tread water with a slight increase.

IMG_3621.jpeg

Welcome back Green and Touk with $350k in the kitty to go shopping.

Does show that it’s the small things that cause a big difference at this point. Only 100 points between 2500 and 500. Serong C over Gawn this week is half that.

Out to 1002, but expected that after Heeney and Gawn both went massive.

But my plan for the byes continues, will have a few more premos then those around me for round 5 and round 6 and hopefully they pay off in spades.

In the end its the cash leagues where I am most focused on, cows continue to moo and keep that money ticking over.

Up 9.7k into 2.6k

Trade ins of Massimo and particularly Pink were awful. Suspect Pink is also dropped now so that leaves 3 red dots before rd 4

8 scores of 70 or under on field says it all. EIGHT

Not really sure where to go from here considering the number of holes I have in my team. Whether that's some cooked midpricers or just missing basically every single good fwd rookie. At a bit of a crossroads now

Very well done .....congrats on your ranking

Thanks, I think that's the highest I've ever been but it's just a matter of time until I fall back to my usual mediocre ranking where I belong.

I thought the same. I'm guessing a lot of teams ranked towards the top had Green and/or Touk and lacked solid coverage for them. Seen some shocking benches on highly ranked teams.

Yeah I was missing both Green and Touk so I had to start 5 rookies in my midfield, my only premo mids were Bont, Butters and Steele.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back