Preview Round 7, 2024: Port Adelaide v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Friday 26 April, 7.40pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d love to have a chat to rtb and ask him about our
Poor goal kicking
Lack of fwd pressure
Poor tackling technique
Lack of controlled ball skills under pressure
Lack of fwd leading patterns
Uncontested turnovers

I’d ask him if the coaching team has noticed any of that.
If he says yes I’d say well wtf are you doing about it campaigner?

This is an interesting POV you hear a lot amoungst a certain sector of the fan base.

Taking it to its logical conclusion what does it mean!

Does it acknowledge that success comes from the formula of "the sum of all parts", the biggest part being a coach requiring a critical mass of talent being available to him?

If I accept these key points to be mandatory requirements and also accpet we dont have said critical mass of talent then I find it hard to fit into the logic and any decision making based on impatience and a 60 year time frame, let alone form opinions thst the problem is all on one person, he being a head coach.

It's an antiquated business model and clubs like Geelong, Sydney, AND West Coast Get it...what's the common denominator, they don't sack coaches easily.
Firstly you really do waste words to make a point.

Secondly at no point have I suggested we sack Ross, I’ve simply noted that if we continue to be s**t he should rightly come under pressure and I’d caveat that I only made that point in direct opposition to those who said he shouldn’t be under any pressure or have any accountability during his current contract duration regardless of any result or lack thereof.

Thirdly your logical conclusion is that if we never sack Ross eventually we’ll win? Pretty sure that’s not your point but surely you see the issue with “logical conclusions”

He has 4 years and he’s now in year 2 and we’ve unquestionably regressed onfield so far this year. It fair to be frustrated with that and rightly or wrongly hear coach gets the flak when it happens. No one has seriously suggested sacking him yet but plenty have questions about the direction and plan he might answer them quickly, slowly or not at all. Blindly following is what has led us to this constant state of mediocrity for so long so I know which side of the ledger id rather be on.

I support Ross I just want to see some result before I’ll kiss his ass.

I'll ask again as it's clearly falling on headless chicken ears, can we please keep this thread for the coming game discussion instead of pant pissing carry on about the state of the club?
Mediocrity/Laughing stock/whatever it's a sooky discussion that belongs elsewhere.
This thread has gone to absolute shyte.
Nominate for a mod position, get it, do your spec training then dictate what we can and can’t discuss.

It’s a natural offshoot convo and you’re welcome to redirect it.

Poor goal kicking
Lack of fwd pressure
Poor tackling technique
Uncontested turnovers

The head of football should be looking at our poor teams stats, and asking lots of questions of the coaching panel.

Actually think it might be a good thing tbh. Aliir would have had 8000 intercept marks with us bombing it on kings head three out in the square.
The issue is we probably have to kick 13 goals at least to win a game of footy. King is usually good for 2-4 of them. So without him who kicks his goals?

In the long run we do need to find an answer to that question as we are way too reliant on him.

Actually think it might be a good thing tbh. Aliir would have had 8000 intercept marks with us bombing it on kings head three out in the square.
No chance in any universe it’s a good thing.

We have shown time and time again without King over the last 18m that we will continue to bomb it long and high without him, but to lesser targets.

Intercept defenders absolutely dominate us when King doesn’t play. Destroy us.

King at least brings the contest and makes the intercept defenders accountable.

We are significantly better team with King in that forward line.

Wonder if we will try something left field and bring in Campbell this week to go up against Sweet, Marshall forward with some ruck.

Secondly at no point have I suggested we sack Ross, I’ve simply noted that if we continue to be s**t he should rightly come under pressure and I’d caveat that I only made that point in direct opposition to those who said he shouldn’t be under any pressure or have any accountability during his current contract duration regardless of any result or lack thereof.

Thirdly your logical conclusion is that if we never sack Ross eventually we’ll win? Pretty sure that’s not your point but surely you see the issue with “logical conclusions”

He has 4 years and he’s now in year 2 and we’ve unquestionably regressed onfield so far this year. It fair to be frustrated with that and rightly or wrongly hear coach gets the flak when it happens. No one has seriously suggested sacking him yet but plenty have questions about the direction and plan he might answer them quickly, slowly or not at all. Blindly following is what has led us to this constant state of mediocrity for so long so I know which side of the ledger id rather be on.

Der, he's clearly saying get Scott Watters back and apologise for the dwarf burning fiasco.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor goal kicking
Lack of fwd pressure
Poor tackling technique
Uncontested turnovers

Well go down to Moorabbin, throw your shirt on the floor and scream at Lyon in the foyer.
That's what I'd do.

Poor goal kicking
Lack of fwd pressure
Poor tackling technique
Uncontested turnovers

What about his reluctance to play Owens as a full time mid? That's what I would be asking him?

Not having a crack but… what is clearer about the plan this time compared to Watters, Richo & Ratts?

They all seem to have the same rough plan - attract talent, develop a game plan and brand that wins more games than it loses.

We absolutely decimated the list when Ross left last time, just failed at the draft ever since.

I think there’s a more broader emphasis this time around with pulling together a more functioning footy department (RTB seems to have been the primary lead in this space, along with Bassat and board), acknowledging a range of deficits which has got us here.

In terms of Rat and Cho, I don’t think the likes of Sexton, Hamill, Trout, etc were exactly getting it done nor the week to week structure and processes at the club. It’s day and light compared to Rat, let alone Cho and co.

This is just a starters, if we really wanted to drag this out, could repeat a thousand posts which have already been put up on here.

And, without painting the obvious, I think everyone knows the list was decimated, recruitment via the draft has been a mare, hence going back to the draft to right these wrongs, which obviously wasn’t happening under Rat.

The issue is we probably have to kick 13 goals at least to win a game of footy. King is usually good for 2-4 of them. So without him who kicks his goals?

In the long run we do need to find an answer to that question as we are way too reliant on him.

No chance in any universe it’s a good thing.

We have shown time and time again without King over the last 18m that we will continue to bomb it long and high without him, but to lesser targets.

Intercept defenders absolutely dominate us when King doesn’t play. Destroy us.

King at least brings the contest and makes the intercept defenders accountable.

We are significantly better team with King in that forward line.

Wonder if we will try something left field and bring in Campbell this week to go up against Sweet, Marshall forward with some ruck.
With king this year we’ve kicked
9.14, 14.10, 9.13, 9.13, 12.7

Without him we kicked 9.10

So with him we average 10 and a half goals and without him we average 9 and we’ve all acknowledged we were trash last week.

To be clear I’m hoping that rather than the standard MO of putting it on maxs head when he has 3 defenders hanging off him and a 4th floating in we might do something different without him.

I don’t see anyway we win anyway.

Last edited:
I'll ask again as it's clearly falling on headless chicken ears, can we please keep this thread for the coming game discussion instead of pant pissing carry on about the state of the club?
Mediocrity/Laughing stock/whatever it's a sooky discussion that belongs elsewhere.
This thread has gone to absolute shyte.
Can you provide the link to the Sooky La La Thread mate ? I'm new here. :)

EDIT: Sorry ....... got sick of waiting for an answer.

Last edited:
FMD it is amazing how much Trump lives in people's head rent free.

I see so many people have a borderline obsession with everything Trump. My dad is in the same category. The supermarket is out of milk it will be a Trump related issue.

I am no Trump supporter, just find it fascinating how obsessed people are. Meanwhile, the current president is weeing himself, can't even talk, is regularly sniffing kids like an absolute creep, has a heroin fueled son doing dodgy deals for the "big guy", and it garners no attention whatsoever.

Strange times indeed.
Glad you got to get that off you're chest here mate.

Actually, you're too busy cupping your own farts to be eating anything. 😂

This posturing about being a critical thought leader in the footy space should get a run on the comedy festival circuit. It's good stuff!
That's hilarious comedy gold, "cupping farts"...it feels like I've heard for the first time everytime...

I stop reading after you opened with an insult...pro tip, place your insults towards the end of your War N Peace Novel if you want to garner a readership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back