Analysis School and SANFL Juniors

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s certainty not and PAC are under the microscope because of these kind of results.
It's been that way for years now, but the schools refuse to actually do anything about it. None of the schools want scholarships looked at too closely.
I know of a kid who PAC gave a full scholarship to for cricket that came from a public high school. He went to PAC for Yr 11 and 12. Failed every single subject. Scored around 30 in his ATAR, but played every cricket match possible for them without a worry in the world.

It's been that way for years now, but the schools refuse to actually do anything about it. None of the schools want scholarships looked at too closely.
I know of a kid who PAC gave a full scholarship to for cricket that came from a public high school. He went to PAC for Yr 11 and 12. Failed every single subject. Scored around 30 in his ATAR, but played every cricket match possible for them without a worry in the world.
I know there was a SAAS school principals meeting and they were warned. But you are probably right - all hot air.

I know you watch predominantly first VIII however if you get an opportunity to watch the Sacred Heart 10A's then its worth it - although I dont know how many of their absolute guns will play First VIII. This under 15/16/ year 9/10 cohort across the state is actually incredibly strong in both football and cricket. Hopefully the development continues up to draft age
Why do they play as 8s?

That's why the rating of High school football teams is a load of absolute rubbish. What about rating schools where kids came from their own zone and didn't pass ten other schools to get to their football school.

To all: the intention of this subject was to talk about junior footy and players. We seem to have drifted into the politics of private v public and scholarships within the systems.

Lots of great footy and kids to discuss !

Do you know his SANFL team?
Named for West in the weekend's opening round of the SA U18's Comp.

Bolded the ones I'll be mainly keeping an eye on.

WEST
Bunworth (1), Hansen (3), Whitbourne (4), Haysman (5), Excell (7), Ryan (9), Kregar (11), Zvaigzne (15), Barker (16), Westdijk (19), Spencer (20), Higham (21), Allen (23), Talbot (30), Patton (33), Munkara (34), Coe (36), Scully (37), Wagner (40), Bennetts (41), Byrne (44), Brooks (45), Pavlic (47), Minchella (48), Bone (49), Mickan (50), Barnett (51)

NORWOOD
Maddigan, Wanganeen, Walls, Mu, Hyde, Gerber, Pratt, Rahui, Tomney, Cristantig, Baldwin, Richardson, Signorello, Jones, Cronin, Verrall, Pedler, Rachwal, Michalanney, Krollig, Thomas, Emerson, Foster, Van Wyk. EMG: Daw, Starick, Wilksch

Named for West in the weekend's opening round of the SA U18's Comp.

Bolded the ones I'll be mainly keeping an eye on.

WEST
Bunworth (1), Hansen (3), Whitbourne (4), Haysman (5), Excell (7), Ryan (9), Kregar (11), Zvaigzne (15), Barker (16), Westdijk (19), Spencer (20), Higham (21), Allen (23), Talbot (30), Patton (33), Munkara (34), Coe (36), Scully (37), Wagner (40), Bennetts (41), Byrne (44), Brooks (45), Pavlic (47), Minchella (48), Bone (49), Mickan (50), Barnett (51)

NORWOOD
Maddigan, Wanganeen, Walls, Mu, Hyde, Gerber, Pratt, Rahui, Tomney, Cristantig, Baldwin, Richardson, Signorello, Jones, Cronin, Verrall, Pedler, Rachwal, Michalanney, Krollig, Thomas, Emerson, Foster, Van Wyk. EMG: Daw, Starick, Wilksch
Mickan an interesting name, wonder if any relation?

Kade Maddigan might be worth a watch too - saw him playing 1st 18 for Rostrevor last year as a year 10. Small defender.

Another Burgoyne coming through the Eagles U16 too.

And a younger Roberts & Draper both in South 16’s. Magor named in the 18’s so assume he’s over his injury

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mickan an interesting name, wonder if any relation?

Kade Maddigan might be worth a watch too - saw him playing 1st 18 for Rostrevor last year as a year 10. Small defender.
Kade is another Ceduna lad -has plenty of skills but is a very small fellow but Caleb Daniel goes alright and he is a clone of him.

View attachment 1354000
Is Eddie Pedlar in Glenelg's U16 squad any relation to our own Luke Pedlar? The south east is Glenelg's zone right?
No

Was there a Simon Pedlar at Glenelg previously?

William Trevena son of Darren I'm pretty sure

Eli Redman is the younger brother of Mason who's at Essendon. From Millicent

No

Was there a Simon Pedlar at Glenelg previously?

William Trevena son of Darren I'm pretty sure

Eli Redman is the younger brother of Mason who's at Essendon. From Millicent
Simon Pedler was from the magpies, when the Eyre Peninsula was their zone. I think he was from Lincoln or Tumby??

Few of the big school names were out and about on the week end strutting their stuff.

Jett Hasting (St Peters/Eagles) straight into it with 27 touches, 6 tackles and 7 times into the 50

Will Rozenbilds - still an U15 year 9 apparently!!!! (St Peters/ Norwood) 31 touches, 5 tackles, 4 clearances , 2 insides and 4 rebounds

The Campo twins (Sacred Heart/Glenelg) 28 and 27 respectively!!

Trent Tattoli (Trinity/Centrals) 27 touches

Kane McAuliffe (PAC/North) 24 touches

Now D’Aolia and Ryan both smashed it at U18 on the week end and both should be in line for draft selection IF they keep form. But I’m not sure they are still at school? Adam at St Michaels and Kobe at Sacred Heart. Anyone know?

Feel free to highlight anyone else that caught the eye.

Few of the big school names were out and about on the week end strutting their stuff.

Jett Hasting (St Peters/Eagles) straight into it with 27 touches, 6 tackles and 7 times into the 50

Will Rozenbilds - still an U15 year 9 apparently!!!! (St Peters/ Norwood) 31 touches, 5 tackles, 4 clearances , 2 insides and 4 rebounds

Now D’Aolia and Ryan both smashed it at U18 on the week end and both should be in line for draft selection IF they keep form. But I’m not sure they are still at school? Adam at St Michaels and Kobe at Sacred Heart. Anyone know?

Adam D'Alioa's game looks OK on paper but I'm not sure he's the type of player we should be targeting, very physically developed already great inside game but will need to develop his outside game to get me really interested for us. Kobe Ryan on the other hand has a way to go physically development wise but has both the inside and outside game already and an unbelievable work rate.

D'Alioa's teammate Matteas Phillipou should be a player the Crows are keeping a very close eye on IMO, a 191cm 83kg Midfielder/Forward with good endurance and a raking left boot. Great SANFL pedigree too with father Sam a very good footballer and grandfather Peter was an absolute gun.

All 3 have trained with their team's senior sides throughout summer so are a chance get opportunities at the higher levels

Adam D'Alioa's game looks OK on paper but I'm not sure he's the type of player we should be targeting, very physically developed already great inside game but will need to develop his outside game to get me really interested for us. Kobe Ryan on the other hand has a way to go physically development wise but has both the inside and outside game already and an unbelievable work rate.

D'Alioa's teammate Matteas Phillipou should be a player the Crows are keeping a very close eye on IMO, a 191cm 83kg Midfielder/Forward with good endurance and a raking left boot. Great SANFL pedigree too with father Sam a very good footballer and grandfather Peter was an absolute gun.

All 3 have trained with their team's senior sides throughout summer so are a chance get opportunities at the higher levels
Good spot - will keep an eye out. Both played well by the looks in an otherwise pretty poor performance but the team

Good spot - will keep an eye out. Both played well by the looks in an otherwise pretty poor performance but the team
Mate did you get to the Norwood u16 & u18 it looks like all of the Ceduna lads did ok -with the stand out Max Mich with 24 disposals at 100% efficiency -actually listed at 104% not sure how?
Jay Polk with 2 goals. Kade Maddigan with some possessions, Jack Mich with a few -any observations would be much appreciated.

Another link is Tyson Pratt who as a real young lad was an absolute freak - he played as a very underage in my lads premiership team in 2017.

Will Rozenbilds would be Yr 11 this year. He has a younger brother - Jeff, that would be in Yr 9. I suspect there is some confusion there.

Phillipou is an interesting one. Very good basketballer, although not exactly elite athleticism. Despite this would have played State basketball from U14 to u18 easily, but his family refused to be part of it. Probably a good thing given how terrible Basketball SA is run.

Mate did you get to the Norwood u16 & u18 it looks like all of the Ceduna lads did ok -with the stand out Max Mich with 24 disposals at 100% efficiency -actually listed at 104% not sure how?
Jay Polk with 2 goals. Kade Maddigan with some possessions, Jack Mich with a few -any observations would be much appreciated.

Another link is Tyson Pratt who as a real young lad was an absolute freak - he played as a very underage in my lads premiership team in 2017.
You know if you take a SA Now Subscription up via the SANFL website you can now watch live streams of all the U18's and U16's games and all replays are available throughout the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back