2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I have not seen him in the SANFL, and only saw him on the telecast in the rooms for the team song last night. He kinda looked like he spent most of his recovery at Price's Bakery. Was this just an unfortunate angle or is he ready to go in the senior side?
Darren Burgess mentioned Schoenberg is the fittest he's ever been and hasn't missed a beat since returning from a long term injury. Not too many come back from an Achilles and look back to their best after 3 matches, which we have seen from Schoenberg the last 2 games especially. Should have been the sub this week in the AFL.

You’re normally in the know. Where’s Gollant? Only 10 listed players. Maybe two to drop back. My legs looking strong as well. I hate crows and norwood games. Like choosing a favourite child.
Don’t know crows dude. No mention of injury earlier in week. Illness or injury at training possibly

Nah. Comments like that is why Port supporters say we are not a club. I will always support the club from top to bottom. Norwood V Crows games I just enjoy the match and cant lose.

See I know plenty of AFL Port supporters who are supporters of clubs like Sturt etc in the SANFL.

Absolutely, they fall into two categories, the first being the odd species of boomer parochial South Australian who also hated Glenelg/Chris McDermott/Tony McGuinness and didn't want to support what they perceived as Glenelg lite.

The second being younger ones who see Port for what they are, just another franchise and see no inconsistency between supporting their local SANFL club for local purposes, and Port for AFL purposes.

This time of year the elite underage stuff would have to be getting close to starting. He definitely isn't in the side, and no mention of him in the article about squad selection on the website.
Welsh playing in state Under 18 vs State Under 20 game this weekend i believe. Under 18 teams decimated this weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like 9 top ups tonight after a couple of the emergencies return.

We are going to get smacked 😳
I think Berry Nankervis Cook Crouch and McHenry as Sub

Burgess to SANFL
Smith to SANFL
Murphy as Emergency

Gives us something like
F Smithson Burgess H Boyle
HF Gallagher Tahana Dowling
C Smith Schoenberg Bond
HB Ryan Madgen Hamill
B Sigal Borlase Boyle
R Strachan Edwards Taylor
I Clifford O'Leary Davis Burton MCdonald Whimpress

So 12 Listed and 10 top ups

You’re normally in the know. Where’s Gollant? Only 10 listed players. Maybe two to drop back. My legs looking strong as well. I hate crows and norwood games. Like choosing a favourite child.

I support Norwood but win either way.

Getting in early, tonight is obviously going to be a really ugly result on the scoreboard, one of those weeks you wonder if the club would probably be better served with putting those lads Nicks won’t select anyway through another hard training session at West Lakes instead, but I suppose the only solace one can take from a club’s reserves team being on the end of results like this is you can take some sick pleasure in the fact the club are finally pretty much joining Port in their SANFL protest and are treating this comp without much respect this year.

Getting in early, tonight is obviously going to be a really ugly result on the scoreboard, one of those weeks you wonder if the club would probably be better served with putting those lads Nicks won’t select anyway through another hard training session at West Lakes instead, but I suppose the only solace one can take from a club’s reserves team being on the end of results like this is you can take some sick pleasure in the fact the club are finally pretty much joining Port in their SANFL protest and are treating this comp without much respect this year.

The Power are shit in the SANFL because they are protesting? 😄

Is that what they are saying?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back