List Mgmt. Welcome to West Coast: Jake Waterman

What more can anyone ask for. 100% effort 100% of the time and performs his role.

This.
Watching live, he gives his effin all, runs and runs and runs.
Matched with natural talent and physical attributes, it was always a matter of time that the effort brought out the rewards.
I stood up for this bloke in front of far too many nuffie doubters.
Gives me the G Train vibes - an unfair and maligned start to the career - only to blossom into a beast, but this time, with us!

What I like most about Jake is his leading patterns. JD at this stage of his career basically never leads to the ball and prefers to wrestle or lead back to goal, so Snake leading away and out creates good space in our forward line.

Hard to do when JK was there as he'd attract so much of the ball. I should say not hard but you don't get rewarded nearly as often.

Think he's in a prime spot now to become a genuinely good AFL level forward.
Yes, he definitely likes to lead. Cut me off from the lights yesterday in his white landcruiser and then held me up while he backed into a parking bay...... hate those pricks. Anyway, I caught his eye, held up 4 fingers, smiled and gave him a thumbs up!

Always been a good footballer. Nice to see him taking his opportunities now JK has retired. Playing up the ground is rounding out his game as well, will get better yet.

Unlucky not to be a premiership player as he was best 22 for most of 2018.

He's got a good football brain, could go into coaching if he wanted and watching him dismantle a few journos was great to watch.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Actually kicking goals when a game isn’t dead and buried would be a decent marker

I haven’t death ridden Jake the past four weeks.. I still think he won’t be anymore than he is, a back up who might do something every so often but no doubt he will get to extend his time out to 8 years Nelson style. Bravo Jake
Watched Jake since he was 16 years old, his football IQ is why he's going to have a long career.

He's been unlucky to be at West Coast and not somewhere that lacked key Forwards.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Waterman haters rn:

no-nooo.gif

2024: Jake Waterman cures breast cancer.
Hatermans: "Skin cancer kills more people, why hasn't he cured that?"

Back