News "Watts will be more consistent that Nic Nat" - Schwarz

Remove this Banner Ad

How about just: "Jack Watts will be consistent this year." Leave Nic Nat out of it; he's not the yardstick anybody is measuring Watts with.

Let's just hope that he becomes an A-level player, our Hodge to WCE's Judd...we could be reasonably satisfied then.

Anything less than an A-level player and he will be a failure of our drafting department.

Seeings my post doesnt prob deserve its own thread, and this one has a slight West Coast connection... Im after a BF favour.

If any kind MFC member knows for certain they wont be going to the Queens Bday game, my mate and I are coming over from Perth for a footy trip that weekend, so Id love it if someone can PM me two x barcodes to get tickets which went on sale today for Club Members.

Cheers fellas

BUt are tickets even on sale yet? I got reserved seating so i have nfi

BUt are tickets even on sale yet? I got reserved seating so i have nfi

Im not familiar with MCG ticket categories, but this morning "Club Members and Public Reserve" went on sale, requiring barcodes. Sorry to derail the thread (although it is another Watts - NicNat thread so probably deserves it!)... please PM barcodes if anyone not using them or just going to buy em at the ground.

Cheers

I don't mind Watts...I just don't love him. He is a rich man's Travis Johnston imo: a little more focused, maybe more cocky, and more driven, but they seem in the same capacity in terms of not going the extra mile to excel.

Maybe Watts will. He's still ridiculously young. But his career progression is eerily similar to Trapper's.

NicNat is the kind of guy that sells memberships. IMO the club chose a Brighton Grammer schoolboy with a nice demeanour from a nice family over a WA boy with dreads.

Just I think NicNat running amok on the MCC wing would have been more beneficial for Melbourne -- short and long term -- than Watts.

Maybe I'm thinking too much in a business sense?

But holy crap our league-worst midfield would be substantially better with NicNat in it. I just don't believe the right choice was made.

That said, Watts is one a few guys I have near-100% confidence in when he has the ball. It was win-win, really, when you think about it. I'd have chosen NicNat, but it's not like we ended up with a dud.

So really, how I feel is irrelevant, because I'm not angry or disappointed we don't have NicNat. But Watts won't be that star we expected him to be. He doesn't have quite the same "wow" factor. He might get it. Maybe. Some day.

I actually think NicNat would've been a dud for us. Not so much a reflection on him but more that he was/is an athlete who needs to be developed into a footballer and development not exactly being our strong suit over the last few years. Watts is far more "ready-made". Needed his body and attitude to mature and he's ready to go. As it's panned out it's a win-win for WC and us I reckon. If Jurrah had paid off with Howe as the kicker, we'd have more than covered Natanui's possible influence. Unfortunately that didn't quite work out. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back