WADA need to get lost

Remove this Banner Ad

I roughly agree with the OP. If, for example, it turned out that essendon (for example) had been taking legal supplements, then took them marginally over the allowed amounts, then there's no way Essendon's players should be banned for 2 years, like the "Drug Authority" would proscript - no questions asked.

Footy's far too important for such an innocent breach get that level of penalty; and the AFL would be right to tell them to go **** themselves.

I roughly agree with the OP. If, for example, it turned out that essendon (for example) had been taking legal supplements, then took them marginally over the allowed amounts, then there's no way Essendon's players should be banned for 2 years, like the "Drug Authority" would proscript - no questions asked.

Footy's far too important for such an innocent breach get that level of penalty; and the AFL would be right to tell them to go **** themselves.

why don't we increase the allowed amounts then????

if people, be they clubs, players or sports scientists want to push the boundaries of what is allowed then they have to bear the consequences of going over that amount - and the punishment has to be harsh in order to discourage others from attempting the same.

integrity of the comp is the most important issue here and at the moment it is in shambles.

The point of this thread wasn't that players/teams who dope whatever shouldn't be punished. It's that a corrupt international organisation with an agenda shouldn't be the ones punishing.

Police love to arrest the harmless drug dealers at street level, but they don't dare touch the big guys at the top.

WADA don't dare take on the big powerful sports, it took them 20 years to touch Lance Armstrong when it was obvious he was doped to his eyeballs, and even then they were pushed into it.

So they need 'snacks.' They would love to completely bury the AFL so that when they are waiting in line for their billions of dollars of funding they can say "See, we are making a difference! We took down a whole doped up sport in australia!" Then the leaders of WADA get new gold plated mercedes benz and another floor added to their mansion on the same street as sepp blatter, and don't give Aussie Rules a second thought.

If they dare try something extreme as banning an entire club I would hope all Aussie Rules supporters would band together and tell them to get stuffed.

The point of this thread wasn't that players/teams who dope whatever shouldn't be punished. It's that a corrupt international organisation with an agenda shouldn't be the ones punishing.

Police love to arrest the harmless drug dealers at street level, but they don't dare touch the big guys at the top.

WADA don't dare take on the big powerful sports, it took them 20 years to touch Lance Armstrong when it was obvious he was doped to his eyeballs, and even then they were pushed into it.

So they need 'snacks.' They would love to completely bury the AFL so that when they are waiting in line for their billions of dollars of funding they can say "See, we are making a difference! We took down a whole doped up sport in australia!" Then the leaders of WADA get new gold plated mercedes benz and another floor added to their mansion on the same street as sepp blatter, and don't give Aussie Rules a second thought.

If they dare try something extreme as banning an entire club I would hope all Aussie Rules supporters would band together and tell them to get stuffed.

Tony Mokbel and Carl Williams say hi.

Well, Carl would if he could.

s**t thread is s**t.

The 20th person to write 's**t thread' wins a prize. Keep jumping little dolphins. The ideas are simply too far over your heads to comprehend, but it is so 2000 years ago to lash out at something just because you don't understand it.

The 20th person to write 's**t thread' wins a prize. Keep jumping little dolphins. The ideas are simply too far over your heads to comprehend, but it is so 2000 years ago to lash out at something just because you don't understand it.

Did you just compare yourself to Jesus?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thread premise fully understood.

Is still s**t.

Keep the prize.

This truly wasn't a troll, my dolphin comment was about how one person writes "s**t thread" and then everyone else lines up to jump on the bandwagon.

Anyway I'm out of this thread 4 life. God bless you all.

s**t thread s**t thread s**t thread
s**t thread
s**t thread
s**t thread
s**t thread
s**t thread
s**t thread
s**t thread
s**t thread
s**t thread
s**t thread
s**t thread
s**t thread
s**t thread
s**t thread
s**t thread
s**t thread
s**t thread
s**t thread
s**t thread
s**t thread
s**t thread
s**t thread
s**t thread
s**t thread
s**t thread
s**t thread
s**t thread
s**t thread

Just in case you weren't keeping up :)

Doesn't it make anyone else rage when you read stuff like 'WADA could ban the bombers for two years... " "The AFL is only a tiny organisation to WADA, they will deal out punishment with no consideration for the competition or finances."

Who the hell are they, and why are we letting them interfere with our game?

It is a fact that these international organisations are the most corrupt on the planet. Think FIFA.

Letting them decide anything about our game would be like being charged with murder, arriving at court, and finding that Martin Bryant is the judge, with that psycho from Snowtown head of the jury.

Essendon are my most disliked team, but the idea they should fall at the mercy of these international corrupt criminals is beyond belief, we have to fight against them.

Your clearly trolling, sarcasm detector through the roof. o_O

I would hate wada if they banned a whole team for 2 teams, but frankly they are usually a fantastic organization and are needed to clean up things in this scenario. I hope heads roll, but i also hope they take into account the competition.

The end result i would love is all the staff who were involved in this to be permanently banned from working in professional sport, and all the players who took illegal PED's to be banned for 12 matches (with 12 suspended), forced to attend a drug education class, and fined 50 thousand dollars (50k suspended)

Lol, for example, pretty sure, for example, there are far more important things in life than football, for example.

You don't get how the system works here. Ours is similar to the US - WADA makes the code but it is enforced by the ASADA.

And they're pretty clear of corruption at this stage; the problems that occur like in Spain are a result of shitty national governments rather than WADA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back