Roast Geelong getting home finals…but only against small drawing teams

Remove this Banner Ad

It's no different to only certain teams playing in Tasmania. Once the proper Tassie team comes in, does anyone think Collingwood will play down there?

Geel play 6 games at the MCG this season - it’s your second home.
Which completely proves my point that MCG tenants don’t have the HGA that Geel do at GMHBA.

Anything else ?
I've got something else

Why does argument always conveniently skip over the fact that MCG tenants also have much less games at a home ground disadvantage?

The big thing here is Carlton/Essendon. Both clubs agreements with Marvel end this year I believe. Currently Bombers play 7 home games at Marvel and Carlton 6. If both clubs get more games at the MCG this should 'release' Geelong from having to play home games at the MCG... At least in the home and away season.
I thought both wanted more mcg games as well?

I've got something else

Why does argument always conveniently skip over the fact that MCG tenants also have much less games at a home ground disadvantage?
Geel play 6 games at the MCG and 9 at the GMHBA - so effectively 8 games elsewhere at a HGA disadvantage.
MCG tenants play around 12-13 games at the MCG and around 10-11 games at a disadvantage.
So your argument still favours Geel.

Last edited:
I've got something else

Disadvantages only matter when you are s**t. But when you are good, you always get the benefits of hga.

Look at Brisbane last year. They won all their home games and only needed to find another 6 wins from 12 away games to finish 2nd.

Mate, you support a team that hasn’t had to travel to Geelong in a quarter of a century and you’re trying to claim that you somehow don’t have certain home ground advantages. Everything you say thereafter is automatically embarrassing.
Poor Geel having to travel to “another city” 2 hours down the road to play games - what a tragedy.
The whole AFL Community is sighing with sympathy, at the adversity forced upon your team.

You guys have really got it tough 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor Geel having to travel to “another city” 2 hours down the road to play games - what a tragedy.
The whole AFL Community is sighing with sympathy, at the adversity forced upon your team.

You guys have really got it tough 😂

Yes we do. We play home games at other teams’ home grounds in their home city. You’re getting it now.

Yes we do. We play home games at other teams’ home grounds in their home city. You’re getting it now.
I’ve ordered a carton of tissues for you -it’s on the way.

Do you think Geel should make an application to the AFL for COLA payments given this massive disadvantage of travelling 2 hours down the road to play games?

I think it’s only fair 😂

Last edited:
Geelong should simply play every home game, including finals, at Geelong.

I'd they want a true home ground advantage, they should have it, but that should also mean minimal games at the MCG also.
Exactly.

Why should Geelong be forced to play home matches in another city, thus giving up their home advantage they have earnt.

It wouldn't happen in any other serious league in the world.

Another poster embarrassing themselves.
As the saying goes “ better to stay silent and be thought a fool, than speak and remove all doubt”
Geelong isn't in Melbourne.

You should invest in a map.

Also, why should Geelong play home games vs Collingwood at Collingwood's home ground?

Another poster embarrassing themselves.
As the saying goes “ better to stay silent and be thought a fool, than speak and remove all doubt”
No need for belligerence.

Just tell us one other example (other than the Pakistan cricket team because of terrorism risks and other similar situations) where a home team is FORCED to play home matches against their will in another city?

If you can't, then best stop mouthing off at people who disgaree with you as you have no leg to stand on.

Last edited:
you guys are completely irrational about what’s a simple issue - your not an interstate club and therefore don't qualify to have a home final.

It not hard guys.
We're not a Melbourne club either. When GWS hosts finals they have been at their ground and not the SCG.

I'd have less of a problem with the whole home state advantage if they'd played at the SCG. But they haven't.

Of course Geelong should player a home final at their home ground.

But they should also play Collingwood at their home ground during H&A.

Money is the only thing that matters to AFL.

I like how these threads always seem to bring out a few supporters of big* Melbourne-based teams who for some reason(we know why) are always super passionate about where Geelong play their home games. If I didn't know any better I'd say it's a fear of losing a ridiculous unearned advantage.

*when I say big I mean big in size, not in success, because little Geelong has seen more premiership success this century than all of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back