Preview **UPDATE** Changes vs. Sydney - Saturday 11.45am WST

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like the players will have a confirmed five weeks straight at home when they get back. If that doesn’t boost their spirits then I don’t know what will.

Teams WCE/Freo would have both played by R9: Gold Coast, Brisbane, Port Adelaide, Adelaide, Geelong, Collingwood, Derby

Teams one of WCE/Freo would have played by R9: Essendon, Sydney, Melbourne, St Kilda

That leaves Carlton, GWS, Hawthorn, Norf, Richmond, Western Bulldogs as possible WA hubbers.

Games vs other WA hubbers by R9: Carlton (1/5), GWS (4/5), Hawthorn (3/5), Norf (4/5), Richmond (4/5), Western Bulldogs (3/5)

My tip: Carlton/Norf then Hawthorn/Dogs come to WA.
Then we end the season playing GWS in Sydney, St Kilda/Essendon/Richmond in Melbourne.

Last edited:

Teams WCE/Freo would have both played by R9: Melbourne, Gold Coast, Brisbane, Port Adelaide, Adelaide, Geelong, Collingwood, Derby

Teams one of WCE/Freo would have played by R9: Essendon, Sydney

That leaves Carlton, GWS, Hawthorn, Norf, Richmond, St Kilda, Western Bulldogs as possible WA hubbers.

My tip: Carlton/Dogs then Hawthorn/St Kilda come to WA.
Then we end the season playing GWS in Sydney, Norf/Essendon/Richmond in Melbourne.

Move Melbourne to the "played one" row, and St Kilda to the "played one" row. Dockers are now playing St Kilda in round 6 instead of Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So good ole Trampoline chest survives again..
I hope they play Nelson as a tagger, and play Kelly rotating through Branders wing with Redden and Sheed playing more inside. I reckon we’ll just do the same stuff we’ve been doing the last three weeks though, coz we can’t go to far the other way remember. ;)

“Hickey was in 16 ruck contests last week. He didn’t go forward,” Simpson said.

That's something which has annoyed me for a while actually, the fact we don't send our 2nd rucks/resting ruck forward anymore.

Back when the Cox/Naitanui combo rolled it was a great success. Naitanui kicked 18 goals in 2011 and 24 in 2012. Cox kicked 20 and 28.

Also the pairing of Naitanui/Sinclair at times worked well in 2015 with Nic kicking 17 goals. Sinclair kicked 13.

These days it just doesn't happen. Naitanui NEVER rests forward. And our 2nd ruck sits on the pine like an idiot. It's a waste of Oscar's talents.

That's something which has annoyed me for a while actually, the fact we don't send our 2nd rucks/resting ruck forward anymore.
Too many forward cattle, not enough spots.

Or... some of the 'starting' forwards need to be in midfield rotations.

Back when the Cox/Naitanui combo rolled it was a great success. Naitanui kicked 18 goals in 2011 and 24 in 2012. Cox kicked 20 and 28.

Also the pairing of Naitanui/Sinclair at times worked well in 2015 with Nic kicking 17 goals. Sinclair kicked 13.

These days it just doesn't happen. Naitanui NEVER rests forward. And our 2nd ruck sits on the pine like an idiot. It's a waste of Oscar's talents.

It is bizarre. Even as recently as the 2018 Grand Final we stretched Collingwood. Vardy kicked a ripper and Lycett was Lycett from 20m out.

I don't think Collingwood even had a ruckman :moustache:

The 22 we named yesterday is far too tall.

Surprsied that Jetta was dropped, especially with the number of non-performers in the middle thus far in 2020.

This is the second season of Allen pinch-hitting in the ruck, and expecting a different outcome from his tomorrow is the definition of stupidity.

The 22 we named yesterday is far too tall.

Surprsied that Jetta was dropped, especially with the number of non-performers in the middle thus far in 2020.

This is the second season of Allen pinch-hitting in the ruck, and expecting a different outcome from his tomorrow is the definition of stupidity.

Sydney's primary ruck is going to be Allen level. It won't be quite the usual mismatch.

Well finally we look a bit better. Shorter.

Team as listed has only JK and Darling as starting talls.

Four reasonably mobile small / medium forwards and Gaff on one wing and Sheed on the other.

Oscar and Waterman on the bench with Cole and JJ.

I am tipping we will look and play much better this week............plus the season is on the line......already. :rolleyes: :huh:

Oscar will play more minutes forward.

One thing that is killing us this year is reverting to the blind kick around the corner from the half back line/centre square.

I think opposition teams know that if they pressure our mids they will almost always bomb it forward expecting Kennedy or Darling to halve the contest.

But our forwards never seem to be in position yet the opposition always seems to have an extra half back waiting to intercept. Daniel Rich must have taken at least 4 or 5 uncontested marks waiting for this hacked kick.

It’s even worse than a shallow entry, it’s basically in a prime position for them to slingshot forward and we always seem to be out of position to stop it.

One thing that is killing us this year is reverting to the blind kick around the corner from the half back line/centre square.

I think opposition teams know that if they pressure our mids they will almost always bomb it forward expecting Kennedy or Darling to halve the contest.

But our forwards never seem to be in position yet the opposition always seems to have an extra half back waiting to intercept. Daniel Rich must have taken at least 4 or 5 uncontested marks waiting for this hacked kick.

It’s even worse than a shallow entry, it’s basically in a prime position for them to slingshot forward and we always seem to be out of position to stop it.
And last time we played Sydney I recall us kicking it to Aliir Aliir like he was wearing blue and gold. Really can’t afford to be doing that this week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back