Prediction Round 4, 2024: Changes vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Even SOS played forward at times his last few years. Simpson is just too rigid. I'd rather roll the dice and push either Tommy or Gov forward. Rather kick 10 goals and get spanked than 5.

As did Machintosh, Jackovich, who else... oh yeah Mitch Brown :tearsofjoy:

Seriously though, if the roles were reversed, we were short on KPP backs, and Allen was sitting at full forward- as was the case all last season- would we throw Allen back? No we'd say we need a functioning forward line still and who cares how many goals we concede let's put a score on the board. It's especially stupid because we can easily cover either of Gov or TB at the moment.

But, as an optimist I assume that's why Rotham has gone over and why Gov was talking in his presser about being fine with playing forward if that's what's best for the team.

Fun story from a former board member - The club had a ‘minder’ for Darling when he was first drafted.
And before.

MV5BMTk5MzIwNjYzMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjM5MDcyMg@@._V1_.jpg

Seriously though, if the roles were reversed, we were short on KPP backs, and Allen was sitting at full forward- as was the case all last season- would we throw Allen back? No we'd say we need a functioning forward line still and who cares how many goals we concede let's put a score on the board. It's especially stupid because we can easily cover either of Gov or TB at the moment.

But, as an optimist I assume that's why Rotham has gone over and why Gov was talking in his presser about being fine with playing forward if that's what's best for the team.

Mitch Brown played forward? Godfather32 did you know about this??

Fair. I wonder where the eventual premiers won it from.

The eventual premiers won it from 7th yes. With a Semi Final in their home state, Preliminary Final in Sydney (90 min flight) and then the Grand Final in their home state.

That we would be able to travel three weeks in a row to win it is… an interesting idea one would say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hasn't this club learnt from previous mistakes Duggan on long term deal Nah cant be true media taking the micky.

Drifting away from topic here but to give Simmo some credit 2016 was an interesting year in which I believe Gov trained as a ruck over the summer and was trialed in a few spots including forward due to the returns of McKenzie and Brown and inevitable breakdown of Lycett [and the then inevitable breakdown of Naitanui]. He's thrown the magnets around on occasion. Let's hope they do so again.

Drifting away from topic here but to give Simmo some credit 2016 was an interesting year in which I believe Gov trained as a ruck over the summer and was trialed in a few spots including forward due to the returns of McKenzie and Brown and inevitable breakdown of Lycett [and the then inevitable breakdown of Naitanui]. He's thrown the magnets around on occasion. Let's hope they do so again.
Nope

I'd put Gov as equal to Jako, ahead of Macintosh and Glass. And Gov's got a better leg than all of them.

But what's your point? Gov CHB until retirement? Then we fall of a cliff in defence. Shouldn't we be leaving Jamo one out against the key forwards? He's got the reach and he moves well. He might be good. But we won't know until Gov or Tom are out of the calculation.

I thought McKenzie was a crab, but he became elite because he had to fill a hole and we let him fail. He had bags kicked on him. These young blokes need to be allowed to fail, learn, get better.

I'd put Gov as equal to Jako, ahead of Macintosh and Glass. And Gov's got a better leg than all of them.

But what's your point? Gov CHB until retirement? Then we fall of a cliff in defence. Shouldn't we be leaving Jamo one out against the key forwards? He's got the reach and he moves well. He might be good. But we won't know until Gov or Tom are out of the calculation.

I thought McKenzie was a crab, but he became elite because he had to fill a hole and we let him fail. He had bags kicked on him. These young blokes need to be allowed to fail, learn, get better.

I actually rate Macintosh as the best defender we've ever had and probably the bloke who could most easily play in any era. 11 second 100m and 80+ metre drop punt, strongest man Carey ever played on according to Carey. [though that might of just been trowing shade on Jackovich]

My original point was just that Gov should move forward until Oscar is back. And that Jamison, Barrass and one of Edwards/Rotham are more than adequate for the purpose of manning the various KPF's we cross paths with.

I actually rate Macintosh as the best defender we've ever had and probably the bloke who could most easily play in any era. 11 second 100m and 80+ metre drop punt, strongest man Carey ever played on according to Carey. [though that might of just been trowing shade on Jackovich]

My original point was just that Gov should move forward until Oscar is back. And that Jamison, Barrass and one of Edwards/Rotham are more than adequate for the purpose of manning the various KPF's we cross paths with.
Mate you're dreaming if you've got Macintosh at the top of West Coasts key defender pyramid ahead of Jako & Gov. And I loved Macintosh.

Mate you're dreaming if you've got Macintosh at the top of West Coasts key defender pyramid ahead of Jako & Gov. And I loved Macintosh.

He was a better full back than both of them for sure. Depends how you want to define a defender and what you want to value. Each quite different to the other in my book, hard to compare. Who do you pick if you had to clone one of them and play them in all 4 KPP positions?

I'll rule Jako out because he's not fast enough and not a good enough kick to play FF and maybe would struggle at FB.

I think Gov could play FF, CHF, CHB but not sure how he goes at FB either.

Macintosh I think could play well at FB, FF, CHB but not sure how he'd go at CHF.

Dunno, got a feeling combination of speed, strength, skills maybe the moneyball pick is Macintosh.

Anyway, I think we should play them all against Sydney this week for sure.

In a Prelim GOD played on around Macintosh standing on the mark and Macintosh ran him down - on the road to aGF spot. He was outstanding.

If only McIntosh’s knees didn’t end up so bad he could barely move after 3 games each year.. rated him higher as a defender than silvagni..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back