B: Duggan Barrass Hough
HB: Reid Gov Dewar
C: Maric Kelly Hunt
HF: Cripps Waterman Petruccelle
F: Long JWilliams Rawlinson
R: BWilliams Yeo Ginbey
I: Jamieson Chesser Hall Cole
Sub: Johnston

Wishful thinking with Hall and Johnston IN And Darling OUT but * me we have to try something different. Speed down one side, penetration down the other. Exit D50 with Harley and Dewar who has earned a chance with no one keeping him out. Hopefully Maric provides a good F50 entry option, his field kicking is very underrated and should rotate with Waterman through that wing role like late career Richo. Johnston to sub in for Hall if (when) he blows up.

I wonder at the inclusion of Rotham, there is clearly a role in mind for him. I wouldn't be surprized to see him play a negating role on Blakely. He is their main driving weapon and I think Rotham has the height and pace to match him.
I too wanted either Hall or Trew brought in. Both are doing well at the Beagles and should be up to speed again.

I wonder at the inclusion of Rotham, there is clearly a role in mind for him. I wouldn't be surprized to see him play a negating role on Blakely. He is their main driving weapon and I think Rotham has the height and pace to match him.
I too wanted either Hall or Trew brought in. Both are doing well at the Beagles and should be up to speed again.
Spot on about Blakely.

Can we afford o move Guv forward this week or the next.
Richmond will be missing Lynch and Balta so we might be able to make it work.

On Rotham, he was voted in the top 3 for the WAFL game so he must have done something right.

If I was a coach I'd be more inclined to say back that good game up with a month of solid football in the wafl before gifting him an afl game after 1 match

He's out of contract make him earn his spot

Originally I thought the Rotham inclusion was a joke. Now it's reality, the situation is dire if he's the best selection we can come up with.

If I was a coach I'd be more inclined to say back that good game up with a month of solid football in the wafl before gifting him an afl game after 1 match

He's out of contract make him earn his spot
A month of solid football?
We're looking like we won't win a game this year, not sure making the bar so high for him to get a game is necessary when we have so many spuds in the seniors not performing.

Hough Barass Cole
Duggan Gov jamo
Hunt. Kelly. Ginbey
Petrol W/man Cripps
Long J/Wllms Rawl
Williams Yeo Reid

Darling Chess Edwards Maric
Sub- Dewar

In- Dewar Rawlinson
Out- JJ Brockman(concussion)

I think we're currently playing too tall in the forward line. Ideally if brockman wasn't injured I'd remove maric also and have the small forwards working hard to keep it I50. Ginbey to tag errol gulden and petrol to play defensively on blakely. JJ had something like 10??critical errors dropping him is self explanatory

Cole, ledwards and long would want to lift this weekend with witherden-trew/hall- johnston being there replacements against Richmond.I'd give chess till the derby before I bought back gaff in if his form is off albeit he is played as an inside mid and not a winger.

I'd only be using rotham to manage gov/barass. There maybe an opportunity to do that against Richmond but I wouldn't rush him in to play a role on blakely this week. If things go pear shaped and the magnets get moved around maybe jamo and maric could switch up positions or Cole could get a bit of midfield time. Just bring competitiveness and fix up the skill errors for 4qtrs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A month of solid football?
We're looking like we won't win a game this year, not sure making the bar so high for him to get a game is necessary when we have so many spuds in the seniors not performing.
Yeah a month like a normal club would do. He's behind barass,gov,jamo, Edwards as a tall back and would get eaten by blackey why bring him in after 1 ok wafl game?

Anyone else hear Mark Duffield mention during the week that Chesser should be played in the middle rather than off a wing?

Essentially said that he's had 3 preseasons and West Coast need more mature bodies going through the middle. Essentially move Reid to play off half back as he develops.

Thoughts?

Anyone else hear Mark Duffield mention during the week that Chesser should be played in the middle rather than off a wing?

Essentially said that he's had 3 preseasons and West Coast need more mature bodies going through the middle. Essentially move Reid to play off half back as he develops.

Thoughts?
Could work. Chesser looked good playing inside at stoppages at times in the preseason imo. He might be one of those players that’s needs to be around the footy to win it, rather than having to read the play and be in position to receive it like a wingman has to.

Is TK the only player who returned to Perth from our Melbourne bonding hub?

As far as I know

Assume it’s for family reasons - his missus would need as much help as she can get looking after their boys especially with it being school holidays

As far as I know

Assume it’s for family reasons - his missus would need as much help as she can get looking after their boys especially with it being school holidays

Oh s**t yeah. I need a chop out with our two and we aren't facing anything as complicated as TK.

The decision to stay over in Melbourne must have been fairly last minute, though? With the appropriate amount of time I'm sure Tim could have arranged other means of family support so he could stay and bond with the boys.

Oh s**t yeah. I need a chop out with our two and we aren't facing anything as complicated as TK.

The decision to stay over in Melbourne must have been fairly last minute, though? With the appropriate amount of time I'm sure Tim could have arranged other means of family support so he could stay and bond with the boys.
Surely the club could pay a babysitter/nanny to help?

With autistic kids I understand that routine is important and any interruption to the routine makes things difficult.

Its a club requirement to be there. Club should pay for it. It's pretty poor imo that he's not there

If the whole squad was there except him, maybe.

Half the squad’s there, half is still in Perth. Selection isn’t til tomorrow. There might well be more flying over to join them in Adelaide. I don’t see how it’s a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back