Hough Gov Reid

Hunt Kelly L.Edwards

Jamieson Yeo Duggan

Petrucelle Darling Cripps
Long B.Williams Waterman

Chesser, Ginbey, Rawlinson, Maric

Sub: JJ

--

Feel like we've been playing to tall since the start of the season and this team is still one player to tall for my liking but i've tried to be realistic in terms of who the MC will bring in.

I'd like to see Reid play nearly a full game at half back, he will get 20+ touches and provide a lot of run and creativity. I'd like to see Hunt and L.Edwards play on the wings with Ginbey splitting his game time between the wing and on the ball.

I'd like to see Chesser and Duggan play in the guts.

I am bit worried about B.Williams up forward he's looked lost up there so far this season, i think if the aim was purely to win games we would play Bailey in the ruck, drop Jamieson and have Waterman chopping out. Jamieson has shown promise down back but i think we're to slow when the ball hits the deck when he's down back with Gov and TB. I'd like to see him ruck 70% of the game with Bailey doing the other 30%.

We have a real opportunity to show some level of improvement this weekend.

All your basic media analysts will be starting with the following as their benchmark:

Sydney 205 - West Coast 34

A result no worse than a 50 point loss will show that the tide is turning. (And that's a really sad statement to say out loud).

What we need to do:
  • Maintain our only strength which is the competitiveness at stoppages. This result alone would be a WIN worth celebrating. BWilliams v Grundy is a mammoth ask. Yeo, Kelly, Reid & Ginbey v Rowbottom, Heeney, Warner & Gulden is also a large ask. We should conceivably be wiped from the field here based on names on paper. BUT, if we can go anywhere near splitting the result we have shown something to hang our hat on.
  • Handball ratio efficiency. We're one of the more handball happy sides and one of the worst at it. It's killing us and so many of the misses are happening because of "perceived" pressure. The focus for the week is to take whatever time is needed to get a good handball away. If you get caught, so be it, but if you don't your teammates is in a better place to make the next disposal and efficient one too.
  • F50 entries. Far too predictable at present, long rushed kick in that plays into other sides set-up. Try a chaos ball instead. WCE players may more chance to have an advantage when you are kicking to random spots away from the normal set-up zone. Many teams have been successful against the Gov/TB set-up over the years when they have done this. Take a leaf.
I can't see a need for changes outside of injuries.

Based on the lack of reports of anyone else heading over

Out: Brockman (concussion)
In: Johnston (debut)

B: Jamieson, Barrass, Hough
HB: Duggan, McGovern, Cole
C: Ginbey, Kelly, Hunt
HF: Cripps, Waterman, Long
F: Petruccelle, Darling, Williams
R: Williams, Yeo, Reid
I: Jones, Maric, Chesser, Edwards, Johnston (sub)
E: Rotham (standby), Gaff, Rawlinson (WAFL)

With autistic kids I understand that routine is important and any interruption to the routine makes things difficult.

If the whole squad was there except him, maybe.

Half the squad’s there, half is still in Perth. Selection isn’t til tomorrow. There might well be more flying over to join them in Adelaide. I don’t see how it’s a big deal.
I can see his family issues and the strong need for him to be home. If its a club requirement why isn't the full list,, (why bother school holidays I guess)
If it's good enough for Kelly to go home then same for all other players with kids. Really should be same rules for everyone. Imagine you are a player with kid(s) that are not autistic e.g. McGovern, is it fair that he doesn't go home and Kelly gets to? Yes, McGovern may be enjoying the week away, but that's not the point, he didn't have a choice.

If the club wants the team to bond, then everyone needs to be treated the same so nobody thinks others are given preferential treatment. It's the same as the credits in the bank crew for years that keep getting games, rules for some, different rules for others

If it's good enough for Kelly to go home then same for all other players with kids. Really should be same rules for everyone. Imagine you are a player with kid(s) that are not autistic e.g. McGovern, is it fair that he doesn't go home and Kelly gets to? Yes, McGovern may be enjoying the week away, but that's not the point, he didn't have a choice.

If the club wants the team to bond, then everyone needs to be treated the same so nobody thinks others are given preferential treatment. It's the same as the credits in the bank crew for years that keep getting games, rules for some, different rules for others

Did Gov ask to go home to help with the kids?

If not, there’s no issue.

When all are equal they are not free. That's 1950's thinking. I suggest Kelly would absolutely appreciate the concession and this would rub off on all.

Based on the lack of reports of anyone else heading over

Out: Brockman (concussion)
In: Johnston (debut)

B: Jamieson, Barrass, Hough
HB: Duggan, McGovern, Cole
C: Ginbey, Kelly, Hunt
HF: Cripps, Waterman, Long
F: Petruccelle, Darling, Williams
R: Williams, Yeo, Reid
I: Jones, Maric, Chesser, Edwards, Johnston (sub)
E: Rotham (standby), Gaff, Rawlinson (WAFL)
Johnston? Didnt Rawlinson head over? Hadn't heard of Johnstone going to Adelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was already with the team.

News about Rawlinson has only just broken.
When you say just broken, you mean back on page 4 a couple of days ago?
It would make sense he is next in line to fill in a small forward position given they played him a fair bit in the preseason hit outs and he did quite well. Bit off with disposal but a terrier which is something we could use up forward.

Maybe R
Ryan Daniels
@FootyRhino
·
2m

Keep an eye on Loch Rawlinson as a potential debutant for
@WestCoastEagles
this week.Considered a strong chance.3 goals from 14 touches in WAFL last week.18-year-old from SA, Pick 1 in Rookie Draft last year.Also, Josh Rotham has joined WC squad in Melbourne.
Edit: hadnt read past your post- I see he has been Twitter confirmed as debuting. This is what you meant by just broken I suppose.

When you say just broken, you mean back on page 4 a couple of days ago?

I love Rhino but he said the same thing about Dewar a couple of weeks ago. Not sure it’s the same as the Fox bloke saying in the last hour that Rawlinson’s debuting.

Also not sure why you’re trying to gotcha me over my educated guess at the team selection from this morning?

Is there any Rawlinson news about him definitely travelling or just the one Twitter post suggesting he will debut?
The West has just written up that he's playing but there are no specifics about how they know he is playing.

I love Rhino but he said the same thing about Dewar a couple of weeks ago. Not sure it’s the same as the Fox bloke saying in the last hour that Rawlinson’s debuting.

Also not sure why you’re trying to gotcha me over my educated guess at the team selection from this morning?
See above edit.
Wasnt a gotcha moment, I had it in my head that Rawlinson was headed over and seemd the logical choice as Brockmans replacement.

And before.

MV5BMTk5MzIwNjYzMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjM5MDcyMg@@._V1_.jpg
We’ve all had our moments in tents on school camps I’m sure.. 😂

Sydney have 3 tall forwards + hayward. Hough I think will go to papley, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Rotham replace JJ.

Gov, TB, Jamo to play on McLean, Amarty and McDonald. Roth to Hayward, which based on height and athleticism seems like a decent match up and Hough to Papley. Leaves Cole and Duggan/Reid? to pick up the other forwards.

So based on this I would have
Rotham and Rawlinson as INS
JJ and Brockman as OUTS

JJ and LEdwards battling for the sub and travelling emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back