Prediction Round 4, 2024: Changes vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeply worried, Swans coming off a loss and gave us 170 point drumming last year.

Are we looking at our first 100 point loss of the season?

Mitchell Woodcock

@Mitch_Woodcock
·
11m

West Coast footy boss Gavin Bell told
@SENWAMornings
that Josh Rotham is heading over ahead of their clash against Sydney. Tyler Brockman flies home and will miss as he is in concussion protocol's. #AFL

Geez, obviously WAFL performances don’t mean much because he was ordinary.

Is it just Rotham that’s gone over?

Rotham was the only one mentioned by Gavin Bell with Duffield this morning. Said that they’d consider sending any others later in the week but for now it’s just Rotham with the intention they’ll only have a squad of 23 plus one extra in Adelaide

You'd have to think Rotham is coming as either a forward to replace Waterman if he's injured or potentially as some sort of Grundy mitigation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rampe is out and reports are Adams is a week away. Sydney forwards aren't that big either so can go smaller.

FB: Cole Jamieson Hough
HB: Duggan McGovern Reid
C: L Edwards Yeo Hunt
HF: Long Waterman Crippa
F: Petch Barras Rawlinson (Debut)
R: B Williams Kelly Ginbey

I: Rotham, Dewar, Darling, Chesser
Sub Johnson

Maybe R
Ryan Daniels

@FootyRhino
·
2m

Keep an eye on Loch Rawlinson as a potential debutant for
@WestCoastEagles
this week.Considered a strong chance.3 goals from 14 touches in WAFL last week.18-year-old from SA, Pick 1 in Rookie Draft last year.Also, Josh Rotham has joined WC squad in Melbourne.

Rotham to defence and Barrass up forward. Until we have conceded the first 8 goals and they switch it back

I'd push Waterman to the wing. He lead all runners apparently this preseason. Good field kick too and might create a mismatch. In a Blake Acres type role. Bring Barnett in to play CHF. I'd also move Duggan to A high half forward role. He gets plenty of ball but hack kicks too often to be in the middle.

Last edited:
I'd push Waterman to the wing. He lead all runners apparently this preseason. Good field kick too and might create a mismatch. Bring Barnett in to play CHF. I'd also move Duggan to A high half forward role. He gets plenty of ball but hack kicks too often to be in the middle.
Deeeks not available? We need to look to the future

Really Gaff & Rothman, bring in some young guys, there selection is a huge backward step. Maybe Rothman gets a 45th chance to prove himself, but Gaff should be playing WAFL for the rest of the season. Darling is only getting a game because we have no big forwards. This season is lost Simmo please experiment with youth & positional changes.

Out: Brockman (inj), Jones
In: Rawlinson, Rotham

I wouldn’t mind seeing Maric trialled at HBF, as I think he has neat foot skills and is solid overhead.

Rotham to a wing? It’s gonna be tough to hit the scoreboard again…not sure who else in the 2’s can come up and realistically make an impact. Might be time to throw caution to the wind and just see if Barass or Gov can go full G-Train.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back