Prediction Round 7, 2024: Changes vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm aware of the trade falling over the year before. At the end of the day we needed him more than they did, had more money than they did, and he was taken outside the draft. If we were into him with genuine offers and he was knocking us back you'd think his management would have been putting it out there and trying to drive up the offer from Freo. It seems very much the case that we simply didn't want him and didn't try to get him. And yet, we have no genuine wing in the squad at all apart from Gaff. Quite weird. Anyway I'm keen to see how Cripps goes on the weekend as he's got all the attributes to have an impact there, could be a decent stopgap option for us for 12 months until we can draft for a need there, or until Johnston comes on maybe.

He really isn’t that special. Feels like if o’Driscoll didn’t fall off the cliff, sharp wouldn’t be in side.

I watched, for some reason, the rd3 win against Geelong back in 2018 on YouTube. Yep, you can definitely see that gaff has declined significantly as a footballer since then. He was awesome.

My new favourite thing is skipping over sharps posts. It's getting into crazy town but not like overbearingly annoying, unfathomable crazy town. But we've got time!!

I'm not posting my game preview until about round 21 and I'm prepared to do the hard yards until this topic becomes a certified west coast boardism, just so I can do a call back and get 3 likes for a lousy Jamie Cripps vs Gold Coast gag. First player picked and only player picked vs a spite side team made entirely of delisted forward pockets whose dreams evaporated under the Cripps reign of terror. To my surprise there are way more than 22 of them. I might even be able to field an all indigenous front half.

I'm not posting my game preview until about round 21 and I'm prepared to do the hard yards until this topic becomes a certified west coast boardism, just so I can do a call back and get 3 likes for a lousy Jamie Cripps vs Gold Coast gag. First player picked and only player picked vs a spite side team made entirely of delisted forward pockets whose dreams evaporated under the Cripps reign of terror. To my surprise there are way more than 22 of them. I might even be able to field an all indigenous front half.
WTF?

I'll give you one like now if you'll just shut up for a minute? Hell, I reckon I can crowd fund you 20 if you take the rest of the weekend off...

I'll give you one like now if you'll just shut up for a minute? Hell, I reckon I can crowd fund you 20 if you take the rest of the weekend off...

Ok I'm going to go touch grass and not post until Harley plays again. It always make me feel a bit ill being around people who get this much joy out of trying to impress their buddies with mean spiritedness. Enjoy your board guys, I better see that like when I log back on. Or 20 likes or whatever. Cheers.

Ok I'm going to go touch grass and not post until Harley plays again. It always make me feel a bit ill being around people who get this much joy out of trying to impress their buddies with mean spiritedness. Enjoy your board guys, I better see that like when I log back on. Or 20 likes or whatever. Cheers.

Gave you the like early. Rest up king ❤️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully Noah isn’t out for Long
Justin Timberlake What GIF

Keep up the good work

Agree on Sharp but disagree on Baker. Can’t see him playing a game for us and we need that (or Trew’s) Cat A spot.
Think you are being dramatic. Msd is not an endless sea of talent. Outside the top couple picks it generally pretty bare cupboard stuff.

And I think eagles currently don't look like being bottom 3.

Long story short, not using a pick in a few weeks is not going to ruin our rebuild.

32 year old playing in least important position on the field. In a team probably 5 years away from properly contending again. Around 8 players under 22 we could rotate through that spot. Is that the kind of guy whose spot you take a hard look at? Have countless other players been in the same position and been moved or given a new role? I'd of thought so. Didn't even offer an opinion when I put him in my outs, didn't even have him in my original outs. Suggested he make way for Liam Ryan [our best small forward by some margin] because I don't want the development of some younger players to stall, but did not say so. Then challenged on it by half a dozen people so explain my reasoning to a couple of them then move on. Most of my posts since have been jokes about the insane reaction. Yeah nah your right, it was a completely outside the realm of rational thought and just a coincidence the most negative and miserable blokes on the forum who don't seem to do much other than criticise other posters suddenly have something to get excited about.
5 years away from contending? I think you may need to revisit that my friend

Just out of curiosity why couldnt Culley play wing? Solid mark, tough enough,good footy IQ, run all day.Didn’t he win or place in the last 2k run he was in? I can’t see a possie for him in the mids mix.
Maric has him covered for third tall forward.
Jai the wingman? Has a nice ring to it,

Just out of curiosity why couldnt Culley play wing? Solid mark, tough enough,good footy IQ, run all day.Didn’t he win or place in the last 2k run he was in? I can’t see a possie for him in the mids mix.
Maric has him covered for third tall forward.
Jai the wingman? Has a nice ring to it,
Would love to see it, would provide a good outlet with his marking ability and could provide some nice link up with that laser boot of his

Think you are being dramatic. Msd is not an endless sea of talent. Outside the top couple picks it generally pretty bare cupboard stuff.

And I think eagles currently don't look like being bottom 3.

Long story short, not using a pick in a few weeks is not going to ruin our rebuild.
Not sure saying we missed a trick by not having a MSD spot available is dramatic. We’ve done pretty well out of the last two, Maric he been fantastic and who knows where Culley would be at had he not done his ACL.

There’s a couple of players I really like, one in particular that suits our list need who is likely to still be available at pick 3-5 if that’s where we land. If Trew can’t get a spot on the extended bench ahead of the other blokes after the WAFL performances he’s put in it’s pretty clear he’s not in the long term plans so no point having him clogging up a spot. Same with Baker, whilst I hope he pushes for selection I’d be shocked if he plays an AFL game.

Noah Long out too.

Injured or maybe Long who's family is also country Victoria near Reid's family. I'm guessing they are both going on a lads family trip.

Cheers...(Cripps has left the building?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back