Prediction Round 7, 2024: Changes vs Gold Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 9, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
In: Ryan, H Edwards
Out: Sheed, Barrass (susp)

There probably won't be any changes (unless forced).
Sheed will likely be in the 22 next week. If he is to be sub again, then there are better options.

Edit: Totally forgot about the possible TB suspension. That will have a massive impact on the result vs GC if he's not able to get off.
Also Ryan to come back in possibly as a sub replacing Sheed. Nobody else really deserves to be dropped for him. Sheed just unlucky as the sub this week and having no positive impact.

Other possibility is Jack Williams since he hasn't been involved much with Waterman dominating and Darling being more of a forward target. Will also reduce the height in the forward line.
Personally I hope we persist with him until Allen returns.
Can't see Brockman dropped but he still no goals in 5 games this year.
Maric and Long did well enough to keep their spots.

Last edited:
Barrass will be hoping they offer the ridiculous ‘good guy’ discount this week. 9/10 that tackle will cop him a week.

So if Barrass is out, hopefully Jamieson is good to go.

If Luke Edwards is good to go then he might be a shot to come back in, hasn’t really put a foot wrong.

Sheed I think they’ll persist with.

Then of course there’s LIAM RYAN.

I'm sure Barrass will get a week even though he doesn't deserve it. Not sure of any ratings but looks like Liam Ryan is ready to go. Seemingly Harry Edwards got a lot of the ball, could replace Barrass if needed. Rotham has been good so far since he's returned, maybe we don't have to replace Barrass with a tall.

Out: Barrass (susp.), Sheed (not judging him negatively on 10 minutes but probably can't break into 22 and 2 weeks sub isn't ideal)
In: L.Edwards, Ryan (sub?)
Trusting in Rotham to play tall - Barrass, if suspended, is a huge problem and not sure if Harry Edwards solves it anyway.

Think if Ryan is fit he comes in for Williams. I reckon Wiliams has shown some really good signs but he's behind Maric for that third tall spot, and I don't like the idea of using a tall as a sub.

Would like to see Johnson get rewarded for what sounds like some exciting WAFL form as the sub. Not sure what to do about Sheed he was pretty flat footed when he came on.

Out: Barrass (susp), Sheed
In: Hedwards, Ryan

Sub: Brockman
Emergencies: Trew (free trip), Sheed, Gaff

Hedwards straight swap for Barrass if suspended. He’s not in great form but he’s all we got.

Ryan into the 22 for Brockman who replaces Sheed as sub. Can’t find a spot for Sheed in the 22 and he can’t be sub again.

Those dropping Jilliams, not sure who you’re planning to have chop out Bailey.

In: Ryan
Out: …far out. For the first time in a long time I don’t want anyone gone. Barrass (susp).

Pump games into Jack Williams. It’s structurally unsound to come into games this tall, and I simply don’t care. Look at the leap Treacy has taken in a short span. Pump games into young key forwards if you can afford to.

Barrass will miss but shouldn’t. Single motion tackle, Walters goes the head on the ground routine that players have discovered works. Over correction from the Cameron case incoming.

Those dropping Jilliams, not sure who you’re planning to have chop out Bailey.
I'm sure we can find those 3 hit outs elsewhere.

Ruck contests tonight...

B Williams - 66
J Darling - 13
J Williams - 13

I'm sure Maric and Darling can chip in with a few each. I'd quite like to see Maric around the ball and that's one way to do it.

In: Ryan
Out: …far out. For the first time in a long time I don’t want anyone gone. Barrass (susp).

Pump games into Jack Williams. It’s structurally unsound to come into games this tall, and I simply don’t care. Look at the leap Treacy has taken in a short span. Pump games into young key forwards if you can afford to.

Barrass will miss but shouldn’t. Single motion tackle, Walters goes the head on the ground routine that players have discovered works. Over correction from the Cameron case incoming.

I think there is a fair case to say his head didn’t actually hit the ground in/from the tackle (it did after when he did his well known head flop back).

For it to be a week I would expect that the head needs to hit the ground and/or there is an almost undeniable chance it would have.

In this case I think it was less than a 50% chance that the head hits the ground if the ball isn’t there. Not sure if they can issue a fine instead of a week for tackles but at worst it looked like a fine.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Only forced changes.

Trew is the only WAFL player that could remotely hold their head up after yesterday’s game.

We’ve got plenty of numbers in the WAFL so we have to make strong statement to the team that only exceptional performance will be rewarded, even if you are named Liam Ryan.

Only forced changes.

Trew is the only WAFL player that could remotely hold their head up after yesterday’s game.

We’ve got plenty of numbers in the WAFL so we have to make strong statement to the team that only exceptional performance will be rewarded, even if you are named Liam Ryan.
Well it's not like Sheed can hold his head up either....he really needs to go

I think Liam Ryan plays HFF to give Petch more midfield minutes at the expense of Chesser . Chesser to stay as the sub and H.Edwards to fill in for Barass annoyingly enough

IN: Ryan, HEdwards
OUT : Sheed, Barass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back