Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be very interested to see our lineup for the first game in August. Accounting for injuries included you would think something like this?

Martinelli - Jesus - Saka
Xhaka - Odegaard - Partey
Zinchenko - Gabriel - Saliba - White
Ramsdale
That is a decent starting 11 with the likes of Viera, Tomiyasu, Smith-Rowe and Tierney to get back to full fitness.

Also assuming Zinchenko is made official.

Zinchenko was pictured at the Orlando match with Edu, he's probably being made official today.

Always a fan of a transaction that is sealed and announced quite quickly. That's an excellent signing for Arsenal with the versatility he brings. And like Jesus, comes from a culture of high performance and a winning mentality, that can elevate those around him.

Arteta mentioned he may feature in the Chelsea friendly tomorrow. Think I said it last year as well, even though its a friendly there's always a bigger edge to the game against a big PL rival. Pretty sure that was the fixture last season where Partey was injured from a late tackle, and missed the opening few league matches (which obviously didn't turn out well for Arsenal). Hoping this time everyone comes through unscathed.

New season kicks off in 2 weeks. Amazing how quickly that's gone.

Always a fan of a transaction that is sealed and announced quite quickly. That's an excellent signing for Arsenal with the versatility he brings. And like Jesus, comes from a culture of high performance and a winning mentality, that can elevate those around him.

Arteta mentioned he may feature in the Chelsea friendly tomorrow. Think I said it last year as well, even though its a friendly there's always a bigger edge to the game against a big PL rival. Pretty sure that was the fixture last season where Partey was injured from a late tackle, and missed the opening few league matches (which obviously didn't turn out well for Arsenal). Hoping this time everyone comes through unscathed.

New season kicks off in 2 weeks. Amazing how quickly that's gone.

Only an 11 week break between matchday 38 and matchday 1, normally 13-14 weeks I think but shortened because of the Qatar World cup.

Only an 11 week break between matchday 38 and matchday 1, normally 13-14 weeks I think but shortened because of the Qatar World cup.

Yes makes sense. Reckon that World Cup is going to be very difficult for a number of clubs to balance. And another example of why we do need some cover at RW. Saka has barely had a break. From the Euros last summer to all of the minutes he played last season, he will feauture heavily again for Arsenal this season and then England in Qatar etc. He needs to be managed much more carefully than Arsenal did with Wilshere and Bellerin at a similar age.

Nketiah played out on the left apparently and did alright against Orlando? I only watched highlights.

4 goals for nketiah this preseason so showing some promise..

I like that XI, White at RB could be a more regular thing given Tomiyasu's fitness issues. I'd imagine 45 minutes or so with that line up before wholesale changes in the second half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only seen highlights, nothing to complain about here. Yes yes it’s just pre season etc.

Saliba, what a difference he has already made. The Tomiyasu injuries is getting quite concerning just quietly (since January really, he’s had various niggles keeping him on the sidelines). However Saliba mitigates a lot of that risk, slotting in between Gabriel and White as a RB.

We haven’t been able to cope in recent seasons with first choice fullbacks on the sidelines. The landscape is different now.

I perhaps misinterpreted Arteta’s quote yesterday. To me I thought this meant Tomiyasu is close to returning to training, Vieira to be after that.

on Fabio Vieira and Takehiro Tomiyasu's fitness...
Yeah, Tomi us really close to start doing some training sessions. Hopefully next week and Fabio probably a little bit longer. I think he needs another week or so before he starts with the team but he's been working hard and he's been really unlucky to start his Arsenal career in this way but again he's fitting in well.

Not happy with another Friday night k.o Why Arsenal ? Took on newly promoted brentford with an heavily affected COVID squad and got beaten up. Now it’s palace on a Friday night and they will be buzzing. Why not at The EMS if you have to do it ? Talk about taking one for the team !!
Rapt with Jesus. Rapt with Zinky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back