Manchester United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Malacia - €15m, have to say he’s a flop, seriously don’t know what’s going on there, hasn’t been seen for over 12 months, strange.

Eriksen - Free, that’s a pass for me.

Martinez - €57m, a pass, when fit is brilliant.

Casemiro - €70m, would have to say this ones a bad signing, given his age and output, was fantastic last season but injuries & loss of interest this season has shown through, and at that price, ridiculous. I’m not entirely sure ETH wanted him?

Antony - €95m, MASSIVE flop, price tag and all, horrendous.

Dubravka - Loan, pass, at Newcastle now.

Butland - Loan, probably a pass.

Weghorst - Loan, still remarkable that he actually played for us, this one was on the club though not ETH, has to go down as a flop.

Sabitzer - Loan, never got a good run at it, showed glimpses, a pass for me tbh.

Mount - €64m, questionable signing at the time, has been done by injuries all season, not a pass or flop at this stage but the fee was ridiculous.

Evans - Free transfer, pass for me, has done well.

Onana - €50m, flop, should have held onto DDG for atleast this season.

Hojlund - €73m, pass, there’s a lot of talent there, we just don’t create anything for the kid. Price tag again though, bad.

Bayindir - €5m, has he played a game? Just a back up GK, pass.

Amrabat - Loan, flop.

Reguilon - Loan, very short stint, did okay while he was here.

That’s how I’ve assessed the signings under ETH, the fees aren’t his fault, the club are the absolute worst in the world at signing players for reasonable fees, I agree he shouldn’t be in control of transfers though.

Mounts a flop. Had 12 months left on his deal. Anything more than 30m regardless of fitness.

Malacia - €15m, have to say he’s a flop, seriously don’t know what’s going on there, hasn’t been seen for over 12 months, strange.

Eriksen - Free, that’s a pass for me.

Martinez - €57m, a pass, when fit is brilliant.

Casemiro - €70m, would have to say this ones a bad signing, given his age and output, was fantastic last season but injuries & loss of interest this season has shown through, and at that price, ridiculous. I’m not entirely sure ETH wanted him?

Antony - €95m, MASSIVE flop, price tag and all, horrendous.

Dubravka - Loan, pass, at Newcastle now.

Butland - Loan, probably a pass.

Weghorst - Loan, still remarkable that he actually played for us, this one was on the club though not ETH, has to go down as a flop.

Sabitzer - Loan, never got a good run at it, showed glimpses, a pass for me tbh.

Mount - €64m, questionable signing at the time, has been done by injuries all season, not a pass or flop at this stage but the fee was ridiculous.

Evans - Free transfer, pass for me, has done well.

Onana - €50m, flop, should have held onto DDG for atleast this season.

Hojlund - €73m, pass, there’s a lot of talent there, we just don’t create anything for the kid. Price tag again though, bad.

Bayindir - €5m, has he played a game? Just a back up GK, pass.

Amrabat - Loan, flop.

Reguilon - Loan, very short stint, did okay while he was here.

That’s how I’ve assessed the signings under ETH, the fees aren’t his fault, the club are the absolute worst in the world at signing players for reasonable fees, I agree he shouldn’t be in control of transfers though.

Bit harsh on Malacia calling him a flop when you've given Mount a pass based on injury. Malacia did a meniscus and has had complications and setbacks with his rehab.

Absolutely, there are numerous players in our squad that aren't good enough to get us to top 2 level. I dont disagree at all.

However, imo, squad is still good enough to finish top 4/5 consistently but requires a good manager to extract it out of them, so we are left with a situation where both the manager and the squad isn't good enough for a club with ambitions like Manchester United.

Yeah, we all would have said the same thing at the end of the 21/22 season.

IMO our improvement in ETH's first year was largely down to the signings of Licha, Casemiro, and Eriksen. Those three (alongside Bruno, Shaw, and Rashford) were our spine. If you look at that spine this season we've had:

Licha - Has missed almost the whole season.
Shaw - Has missed 2/3rds of it.
Casemiro - Looks cooked.
Eriksen - Well and truly cooked. Started showing signs of this before the end of last season.
Rashford - Disaster. Genuinely looks like he's struggling mentally.
Bruno - The only one who has maintained his level.

So much hinges on fixing the midfield. Without Licha's ball progression from defence and with Casemiro and Eriksen now being past it this is a very poor team. We also either need some luck with Shaw's and Martinez' availability, or we need to seriously look at replacements.

I think now is the best time for a complete reset as a club. With Klopp ******* off, imo, there are genuinely 3 top 4 spots there for the taking now. Only City is guaranteed a top 4 spot.

Who knows if Arsenal will be able to maintain their level and how Liverpool get on post Klopp. Also, Villa and Spurs don't have the consistency in them to finish top 4 each season. As for Chelsea, who really knows if they will recover in the short to medium term.

So with a good managerial appointment and some shrewd business in the transfer market (both selling and buying players), we have the chance to firstly, re-establish ourselves as top 3 club and then from there, go and build a deep squad that is good enough to challenge for the league.

If done properly, should only take a couple of seasons at most. Klopp and Arteta are examples of good managerial appointments that turned basketcases around in a short period of time with a good football structure behind them.

Yeah, this all makes sense. The transfer market is no longer a Glazers/Arnold/Murtogue/Woodward (for years) run operation. Ineos coming in and inserting Berrada/Wilcox/Ashcroft is a clear indication that give it a year or 2 and ETH or the next manager will have a squad of 3 or 4 current players and 95% of the squad will be “[insert managers] squad.”

No more of this “sell one, buy four” * Next transfer window * “two leave on a free, buy 3” bullshit and left with a squad of players from three different managers.

People rejecting the idea of Bruno beind sold but I don't mind it. Can be petulant at times, and while he creates a lot, often ignores teammates in better positions, particularly Hojlund (who has already complained about Bruno.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should cash in on Bruno now and tbh, for his own sake, he should also leave the club.

It would be a win-win situation where he would get a proper chance of success/winning trophies at club level and we would get enough money to get 2 quality players with the fee received.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back