The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Look, there will be a transition period, but I don't think a long term malaise is likely. There is plenty of really excellent youth in the squad, and there will be some additions (I think we sign a CB and a RB, and possibly a top CDM if there is one available), move TAA to midfield (in Slot's 4-2-3-1 I suspect the 2 will be Mac and Trent) and keep developing youth.

On this morning, it's the issue with Mac - he's made that poor touch receiving from the defence in the middle of the park a few times this season, and it completely changed the momentum of the game. That ball just gets cleared and I'm confident 3-1 is the final score.

Look, there will be a transition period, but I don't think a long term malaise is likely. There is plenty of really excellent youth in the squad, and there will be some additions (I think we sign a CB and a RB, and possibly a top CDM if there is one available), move TAA to midfield (in Slot's 4-2-3-1 I suspect the 2 will be Mac and Trent) and keep developing youth.

On this morning, it's the issue with Mac - he's made that poor touch receiving from the defence in the middle of the park a few times this season, and it completely changed the momentum of the game. That ball just gets cleared and I'm confident 3-1 is the final score.
I dont think we really need a RB. Bradley is ready to step in there and be first choice if we move TAA into midfield. Then we have Gomez as capable back up and Trent can be pushed back into RB if need be. We do need a CB though, Virg, Konate and Quansah are great options, but we need a 4th guy.

On the poor touch from Mac, I know it's the way we play but sometimes, 10 mins to go, 3-1 up, just kick the thing up field. Instead Virg plays it to Mac who has a really poor touch and we gift them a goal. We've given far too many gifts this season and that has to be addressed.

I hope so.

Concerns are Virgil’s age and having no other world class centre back in the squad.
Trent is still defensively poor and Nunez and Mo have finished the season off like they’re high on meth. We’re taking poor form into a preseason with no Klopp for the first time in 9 years.

We have to wonder what the dressing room is going to be like next year.
Will our quality stay the same and we steady the ship? Will we appreciate the change up?

Or will the standard drop right off and we’re back fighting for 3rd and 4th.

I’m worried that the nerves and changes in methods will shake the group and we’ll be 15 points behind City by November.
It's going to be a huge change up and I'm worried Slot might be s**t. Dutch coaches coming to the PL has not gone well in the past. But Edwards is back and he's usually on the money with these things so hopefully it works out. Be really interesting to see the summer ins and outs with Edwards back now. He never missed when he was with us the first time.

I dont think we really need a RB. Bradley is ready to step in there and be first choice if we move TAA into midfield. Then we have Gomez as capable back up and Trent can be pushed back into RB if need be. We do need a CB though, Virg, Konate and Quansah are great options, but we need a 4th guy.

On the poor touch from Mac, I know it's the way we play but sometimes, 10 mins to go, 3-1 up, just kick the thing up field. Instead Virg plays it to Mac who has a really poor touch and we gift them a goal. We've given far too many gifts this season and that has to be addressed.

I like Gomez on the left and I think we sell Tsimikas. The new RB just needs to compete with Bradley.

I like Gomez on the left and I think we sell Tsimikas. The new RB just needs to compete with Bradley.
If we're buying a RB you'd think we'd be looking at a first choice RB which just buries Bradley when I think the money could be far better spent elsewhere with Bradley having such huge potential.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back