Unrestricted Free Agent Tyson Stengle [UFA 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

interested to see which of stengle or zurhur poster prefer, cause i keep hearing zurhur going to get north a band 1 pick. I expect the same if stengle do leave as both the same age and plays similar positions. not to mention imo stengle is better.

interested to see which of stengle or zurhur poster prefer, cause i keep hearing zurhur going to get north a band 1 pick. I expect the same if stengle do leave as both the same age and plays similar positions. not to mention imo stengle is better.
I don’t think it’s much of a debate, Stengle is better by a long way.

Difference is our band 1 will end being pick 15 or so, while NM's will be pick 2-3.

It would be stupid to follow their model even if we wanted the picks. We won't be getting a McKay deal out of it.

Difference is our band 1 will end being pick 15 or so, while NM's will be pick 2-3.

It would be stupid to follow their model even if we wanted the picks. We won't be getting a McKay deal out of it.

i dont expect a pick 2 or 3 for stengle if he chooses to go. just saying if in some crazy universe that zurhar gets band 1, I expect we also get one.

i dont expect a pick 2 or 3 for stengle if he chooses to go. just saying if in some crazy universe that zurhar gets band 1, I expect we also get one.

Of course ... it depends if we are trying to bring in Free Agents as well.

My bet would be that gaining an extra R1 thru FA comp would only amp up the demands from any trades we wish to implement...just as having three R1s did when we traded for jez Cameron.

And we will, but I'm just saying band 1 that ends up being 15-20 isn't quite the same deal.

North wont be getting band 1 for Zurhaar.

Will get an end of first round pick.

Of the teams at the pointy end though, who would have more cap than Geelong? Most of the team is either too old too get a big contract or too young

Would love for the Pies to show some interest.

Stengle would be great to pair up with Bobby, McReery and Schultz as a long term replacement for Elliott (in a year or two). Particularly for a free swing.

To be honest I hope we are all over him, Cumming and Zurharr as free agents in that mid tier age demographics.

I Miss You Wade GIF by CBC

Of the teams at the pointy end though, who would have more cap than Geelong? Most of the team is either too old too get a big contract or too young

Exactly, they do realise we'll also have money to pay him good coin too right?
Plus structure, familiarity, the team he won a Premiership with, the team that actually took a chance on him when others thought he was a lost cause.

Those things matter.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is elite in his role at the cats no question, but how much of is it the system the cats have? which imo is the best in the league, that makes him look elite?

be a bold gamble to throw big money at him.

He is elite in his role at the cats no question, but how much of is it the system the cats have? which imo is the best in the league, that makes him look elite?

be a bold gamble to throw big money at him.

He definitely thrives playing in a super unselfish forward line.
Guys like Hawkins, Close, Miers basically look for others to score first before themselves and Tyson is fantastic at finishing.

Not to mention club culture and structure to help him stay on track has been first class.
I'd love for him to get money wherever he is at but as you said.

It's a bold gamble.

Youd think its either stay at Geelong or move back to Adelaide?
Tyson has a well documented lack of loved ones in his life. It's a very sad story that led to him being a ward of the state.

With Eddie and his family essentially being Tysons' family, and them now being based in Vic, the pull of Adelaide from a support network POV isn't there like it was when he left Richmond.

It's closing in on impossible that he leaves Geelong...but if he did, it would be to a Melbourne club IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back