The Official Boro Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We did it the hard way, nearly a typical Boro moment :)
At half time I said it had 1-0 defeat all over it and when they scored ....... Nice for Jordan to bag two over in Lancashire too. I didn't have the sound up high but I imagine he took a bit of stick.

Shame about the draw. If we go into the last game ahead of Brighton on the table then I'm very confident of getting promoted. I think we play a lot better against quality sides and at home we will be very tough to break down based on the matches I have seen this season. If Brighton beat Derby and we fail to defeat Birmingham then I will be a lot less confident.

Derby just did us a massive favour. A lot more confident about next Saturday now. Just hope we don't have a meltdown at the start like the playoff final.

It is on...1 game to get through...Will we do it or is there the pain of play offs to go through again? :(

Please tell me this game is going to be on beIN sports?! A mate of mine just said its not ...

I would be shocked if it isn't. For the last day I think they wait to announce which game will be shown just so they don't end up with a meaningless match while other games are deciding the promotion/top 6 spots. If they don't have our game then they may as well scrap the idea and announce every televised fixture in advance.

We did it the hard way, nearly a typical Boro moment :)

Thanks for posting that - joined and found out the game was being shown at the imperial - was 20-30 boro fans there - greattttt nighttttttt- stuannniiiii

Edit - quoted myself, meant to quote mooch for linking the Facebook group but wasn't in a fully operational state. Thanks mooch :)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about Calderwood barging into Karanka?! What a dick.

Anyway, now we are multi millionaires...who we buying? what would be the first position we need to improve?

Ch4iTazWsAA-weY.jpg

But really, nicely done fellas! Welcome back to the big time. We certainly know all about that feeling!

They say you would be the best thing of the North East, but I believe you guys will represent Yorkshire fantastically!

What are the goals for next season and what do you hope to strengthen on the way up? Do you think you might be pursuing De Laet for next season? And your thoughts on Nugent?

Gaston is out of contract and available on a free. I'm sure he will want decent wages but I hope we can get him signed on.

Which other loan players should we look at signing? De Laet is versatile and has experience at the level. Kalas?

Viktor Fisher looks the first signing, and a very good one too if you believe in the power of Football Manager! Winger first which doesn't surprise as Aitor loves buying wingers. Hoping Ramirez stays...wouldn't mind Morrison back as I've never forgiven Southgate for selling him, but not at the wages I've read!! I see United are supposedly in for the Swedish Centre Back we almost grabbed on loan...
I can't see us signing DeLaet or Kalas unless we struggle to find others that are suitable...As for Nugent, he'll stay as a back up striker imo...I'd love to see him do well in the PL...he worked his socks off for us this season.

I thought I was the only Morrison fan :D

We could have had a midfield of Downing-Cattermole-Morrison-Johnson the season we went down...Instead we had wasters like O'Neil and Digard who were more expensive than the guys we sold :) ... I still can't work out why he didn't play Johnson and Downing in the same side either? ah well :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back