The Official Boro Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Going down without a fight. It was always going to be a tough season but we have been absolutely pathetic. Under Aitor we were boring and lifeless, but could at least defend. Agnew has kept us as an impotent threat going forward but has added conceding goals by the bucketful.

How utterly depressing has this season been? One of the worst in PL history. And now we're going down without so much as a whimper while Hull and Swansea show some fight. If we get beat by the mackems, they had better put nets up around the Transporter Bridge.

The problem is momentum. Your see teams go down as meekly as we have and they carry on going down. Hopefully we can still attract a decent head coach with some new ideas so that doesn't happen.

Also I hope Ramirez never pulls on a Boro shirt ever again.

Maccarone signing for the Roar! Get to see the great man in the flesh next season :)

I thought he was off to Perth too, so this is a bonus. Haven't seen any highlights from the last couple of years but if he's fit enough then I can't wait to see him. He should bag a few in this league :thumbsu:

Any Boro fans on here been to many games? I am going to Boro v Stoke on December 21 and was after advice on the best place to sit and any good pubs to go to beforehand :) I will also have my 72 year old father with me, which I need to factor in, in terms of where to sit.

I am going to be staying in London and will probably get the train to Boro the night before, stay the one night and then leave after the match. Any advice would be appreciated :)

Holy crap I had forgotten this thread existed!

With your father in tow something like the lower West stand might be best (near the half way line). You can email the ticket office (supporters@mfc.co.uk) for advice and to book tickets. I've always found them really helpful. In fact I just received an email from them as I am heading over in August and want tickets near my mates for Wigan and Millwall. I went over the for the last game of 17/18 and they got me a ticket in the same row :)

For pub it depends what you want. My mates usually meet up in the Isaac Wilson - https://goo.gl/maps/yFwPn13V1jd4YrJ67. It's a Weatherspoons so nice and cheap :) It's a 20 minute walk to the ground from here. It gets fairly busy but if you get in early you'll get a seat.

Currently on the train to Boro after getting a train from London to Darlington this morning.

God I hope we win tonight, I have been wanting to see a Boro game for 20 years :)
You got your wish! Hope you enjoyed it.

Will we stay up? Didn't get to see the game this morning, but would have taken a draw before kick-off. Huge match coming up against Charlton at The Valley on the weekend.

Will we stay up? Didn't get to see the game this morning, but would have taken a draw before kick-off. Huge match coming up against Charlton at The Valley on the weekend.
Same. Would have taken a draw beforehand but I thought we did enough to win. We were under a lot of pressure the last 10 minutes or so and you could see the goal coming. We've got three big games coming up against Charlton, Hull and .... the other one escapes me. But having our position in our own hands doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence either.

Conceding late goals like that it was relegated teams do :(

At least we played with a bit more flair today, we won’t stay up unless we keep scoring like this game. We hardly had a shot in the last couple of games.

Staggeringly poor starting 11 named :( Could we be more defensive at home?
Woody must have been trying to name the worst 11 he could from the squad. No creativity and the front two have scored what 5 goals between them in the last 3 years? Unbelievable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woody must have been trying to name the worst 11 he could from the squad. No creativity and the front two have scored what 5 goals between them in the last 3 years? Unbelievable.

Staggering, how can you expect to create with Fletcher, Assombalonga, Tav, Morrison and Roberts all on the bench? Not to mention a left back playing in midfield and a midfielder at right back.

If Roberts doesn’t start in the next game I’ll spew up.

It's been a while, and no idea if any of us are still around these parts...but just in case. How's everyone think we are looking this season? Bit of a lucky point against Fulham last night, but still a great point away to what should be a challenger. Hopefully we can buy a few more before transfer deadline...no idea how we'll go, but always a little optimistic at this time of year. UTB

It's been a while, and no idea if any of us are still around these parts...but just in case. How's everyone think we are looking this season? Bit of a lucky point against Fulham last night, but still a great point away to what should be a challenger. Hopefully we can buy a few more before transfer deadline...no idea how we'll go, but always a little optimistic at this time of year. UTB
Bloody hell it has been a while!!

I watched most of it last night - I actually switched off the TV about 60 seconds before the goal. We were absolutely horrible for the whole time I watched. The nearest we got to goal was a bad backpass. Granted this was against a team who will be top 3 or 4 in the league when the trophies are handed out but it was still poor. I don't really see any improvement from last year unless Payero turns out to be a superstar. It's possible of course and I'd love to see it. And the squad is still paper thin, which I don't see we're really in a position to change (cash-wise). So for me I'm going to go with the same hope as last year - that we finish in the top half of the league.

I was going to renew my Boro+ but at 170 quid and with the garbage they've been serving up the last few years, I just can't bring myself to do it. The 3am finishes and 5am starts just aren't worth the 'entertainment'.

Agree that we will be similar to last season. We desperately need more up front, Ikpeazu puts himself about and looks a handful but scored what, 6 goals last season? I know Wycombe were poor but I can't see him bagging too many. Then we have Akpom who Warnock constantly talks about selling which I can't imagine makes other clubs that keen or helps him in any way. We are going to need Payero to be a star and Watmore to score a heap.

Tav made a difference when he came on despite fluffing a couple, we need to start him. Isiah Jones looked lively too. Whilst we will be average it's good to have it back :)

Agree that we will be similar to last season. We desperately need more up front, Ikpeazu puts himself about and looks a handful but scored what, 6 goals last season? I know Wycombe were poor but I can't see him bagging too many. Then we have Akpom who Warnock constantly talks about selling which I can't imagine makes other clubs that keen or helps him in any way. We are going to need Payero to be a star and Watmore to score a heap.

Tav made a difference when he came on despite fluffing a couple, we need to start him. Isiah Jones looked lively too. Whilst we will be average it's good to have it back :)
Yeah the subs looked pretty lively. I actually think Ikpeazue might do some damage for us. Not that I think he will get 20 goals but I just think he will barge his way through defences and cause panic, then we need the quick and skilful players (!) to pick up the pieces.

Bloody hell it has been a while!!

I watched most of it last night - I actually switched off the TV about 60 seconds before the goal. We were absolutely horrible for the whole time I watched. The nearest we got to goal was a bad backpass. Granted this was against a team who will be top 3 or 4 in the league when the trophies are handed out but it was still poor. I don't really see any improvement from last year unless Payero turns out to be a superstar. It's possible of course and I'd love to see it. And the squad is still paper thin, which I don't see we're really in a position to change (cash-wise). So for me I'm going to go with the same hope as last year - that we finish in the top half of the league.

I was going to renew my Boro+ but at 170 quid and with the garbage they've been serving up the last few years, I just can't bring myself to do it. The 3am finishes and 5am starts just aren't worth the 'entertainment'.

I watched a bit of Payero during the Olympics...had a few nice moments but it will probably take a while to settle...Looked more of a passer than a dribbler in the Juninho mould. Tavernier is the guy for us this year...if he can add goals to his game he'll be one of the leagues best imo. I thought we were bad until we scored last night...could barely put a pass together, but once we scored we looked much better. We have to sign a few more players or we'll be mid table...but I'm a bit more positive about our chances if we get some decent players in...a couple of attacking players are a must. Ameobi getting injured hasn't been ideal.

I'm not certain but didn't Ikpeazu only play half a season at Wycombe? I remember him scoring a cracker against us! :) I thought I read Akpom is on his way to Turkey as well...Fingers crossed Coburn is the goods too.

So...Wilder? Should be a good appointment shouldn't he? Has done well and been a long term Manager wherever he has been. Think the move had to be made personally.

I don't know a great deal about him to be honest but obviously he has taken his fair share of teams up so that works for me. It would be nice to see a little bit of football from his team. We've been dire to watch the last few years and I didn't renew Boro TV this year because I'm just sick of the very late nights and early mornings with no entertainment value. I might just re subscribe for the second half.

I don't know a great deal about him to be honest but obviously he has taken his fair share of teams up so that works for me. It would be nice to see a little bit of football from his team. We've been dire to watch the last few years and I didn't renew Boro TV this year because I'm just sick of the very late nights and early mornings with no entertainment value. I might just re subscribe for the second half.

I only really knew about his time at Sheff Utd before his appointment, but going back and looking at his full CV is pretty impressive. Always spent 4/5 seasons where he’s been and left teams in a much better place than when he arrived. Football wise it sounds promising, but I mostly watch Boro games so can’t say I watched too much of Sheff Utd when they were flying up the leagues. Fingers crossed it works out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back