The Official Boro Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantastic second half. Really shows how good we can be when the attack is unleashed. AK talked about it being the first time in ages he'd been able to play Nugent, Stuani, Adomah and Downing together and maybe there is something in that too. Clayton and Leadbitter were immense too.

It was a good start to a very tough run we have coming up. Birmingham, Burnley and Brighton coming up. Could be season defining.

Anyone else listen to the games? It's not the same without Ali Brownlee :( His calls of Schwarzer saving Fowlers penalty and the comebacks v Basel and and Bucharest were amazing.

It was a good start to a very tough run we have coming up. Birmingham, Burnley and Brighton coming up. Could be season defining.

Anyone else listen to the games? It's not the same without Ali Brownlee :( His calls of Schwarzer saving Fowlers penalty and the comebacks v Basel and and Bucharest were amazing.
Yeah I listen to pretty much every game, unless there's a stream. You're right, it's not the same.

3 points away is definitely a good start to that spell. A couple of home wins and a draw at Brighton now would be very nice indeed. Away at Blackburn on a public holiday brings back memories ..... of getting beat 1-0 and then crashing the car on the M62 on the way home (we came home via Bury v Huddersfield on Easter Monday).

Great season so far! Lets hope we can keep it going...January will be interesting...Bamford is the obvious target, but I wonder if we'll try and strengthen anywhere else?

Scoring goals is the priority for sure. We're controlling games and rarely conceding but just not converting it to goals enough for my liking. It would be good to have real cover for Leadbitter. He can't play every game (he'll miss some through suspension before the season is out :D) and Forshaw isn't a replacement for him. It will be good to see Rhys Williams back in the new year.

Great season so far! Lets hope we can keep it going...January will be interesting...Bamford is the obvious target, but I wonder if we'll try and strengthen anywhere else?

I wonder how Mourinho going effects our chances of getting Bamford back in. He and Aitors relationship seemed to certainly help with getting Chelsea players in on loan

How good was that? Away to the second placed team, unbeaten and we smack 'em. You couldn't make it up! And apparently only once in the last 10 years has the team at the top at Christmas failed to get promoted. There's a lot of work to do but I don't mind a good omen.

36! Jesus that makes me feel old! What a strikeforce we had then with Massimo as our 4th choice behind Viduka, JFH and Yakubu...That was a damn fine side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was fantastic wasn't it? We were the better team but had to soak up a bit of pressure. But we kept cool and kept plugging away and the chances came. I know there's a long way to go but that game could be a defining moment for our season. I hope so.

It's hard to comprehend how rapidly things have fallen apart.

We were 6 points clear at the top not long ago - now we are plummeting down the table and our manager has seemingly walked out.

6 points clear with a game in hand to 7 points adrift, still with a game in hand. With the run we've had, I'm just amazed we're still in contention. It has certainly been an embarrassment the last few weeks in particular. We've played 3 bottom 4 sides in the last few weeks and scored 1 goal for 1 point. We need to find something against Hull - a) because it is a 6-pointer and b) because them winning could give them confidence and drop ours even lower, if that's possible.

What do we all think about Karanka? Although I have been questioning his methods, I do want him to stay. At least for now anyway.

Never a dull moment for Boro! :) I'm happy Karanka has stayed and hopefully put whatever power play some players were involved in was stamped out. Can't let the players decide how to run things. I haven't seen enough games to know who is in and out of form, but hopefully we can get a result on Friday and get the season back on track. We have the side to do it.

Fantastic and much needed result. Shame we have to go into a break now but hopefully this feeling can be remembered and recreated. We have no cushion now, we just need to go for the jugular every game now and let Hull and Brighton have the pressure of playing catch up. We can do it, we've already proved it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back