Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi All

First post of hopefully many!

Does anyone know which side of the MCG our cheer squad will likely sit on for the Melbourne game next week? Flying into Melbs and looking to see my first game at the G!

Hi Bluewatch & welcome

For our home games:-

Punt Rd end

Cheer squad - M3.

Hi All

First post of hopefully many!

Does anyone know which side of the MCG our cheer squad will likely sit on for the Melbourne game next week? Flying into Melbs and looking to see my first game at the G!
Welcome friend. If it's our home game then southern stand end.

Thanks all appreciate the responses!

As a first time MCG goer, would love to hear any opinions on these seats:
Q56/SQ57 (Olympic stand)
M9 - M4
Q12 - Q15 (Shane Warne stand)

Not sure what i should go with - I like watching the game from up top but imagine atmosphere better in the Ms.

Whatever happened to having a run and finding some touch in the twos after being out for an extended period?

AFL is incredibly demanding on the mind and body, is it really the best way to handle conditioning of athletes to be playing the top level straight up?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Whatever happened to having a run and finding some touch in the twos after being out for an extended period?

AFL is incredibly demanding on the mind and body, is it really the best way to handle conditioning of athletes to be playing the top level straight up?

Guys with exposed form yes, they come straight in, if they are on the cusp, they generally return through the vfl

I think it shows how much we think of some of the guys playing already.

Anyone else find it interesting Voss mentioned Marchbank and Martin as potential ins next week. Thought they were still a couple off

Marchbank definitely should come back via the twos - he usually is like deer in the headlights with ball in hand first game back - needs a week or two in the VFL to get back in the groove.

Princes Park from 55 odd stories up, I took it from the top of a sky scraper I was on yesterday doing a job.
f6c9b823ddc8dacfe6688ee1a7bc7929.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

interesting stat on on the couch last night….

Cats went to each of their forwards about the same number of times (4-5).

Whereas we predominantly went to Charlie and H (~17/18 times) and very infrequently to our other forwards (~4-5 times).

It’s not like Hawkins and Cameron are spuds. They’ve got a very effective forward attack strategy and it’s not rocket science.

And on an interesting side note - Lyon mentioned that clubs tending towards more mobile forwards (his segment “are forwards getting shorter”).

When will our coaches/players realise that we need a more thoughtful strategy for our f50 entries.
I honestly think there's a massive difference that Geelong is exploiting in playing purely older players. While all the 'Dad's army' jokes make sense in a traditional sense - players past 30 are on borrowed time - even their younger players have a greater understanding of their game and greater experience, as well as more practice knowing where and how everything fits together. Where younger players panic, their older wiser heads know when to hold onto the ball or when to go fast; they know when to take on the tackle and when to let the ball spill free.

And they know when to lower the eyes, when to bang it in, or when to kick to dangerous space.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back