The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most likely bullshit but there is a story floating round this morning that Real need to make space for Mbappe and are considering accepting and offer from us for Federico Valverde of €90m…

I can't see Real Madrid parting way with any of their midfielders. Kroos & Modric are going to be retiring / leaving next year. They need them all. Even Asensio looks like signing a new contract after current one expired.

Most likely bullshit but there is a story floating round this morning that Real need to make space for Mbappe and are considering accepting and offer from us for Federico Valverde of €90m…

"Real accept Liverpool bid for Valverde"

Are Liverpool even aware they made a bid? :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Big Nat leaving shouldn't we keep him as emergency 5th choice CB?
I'd buy a CB, making Gomez 5th choice CB and backup RB. Loan out Van Den Berg and Quansah. Sell Phillips, Arroyo and Williams.

For a sell to buy club, we are really bad at selling since Coutinho
Major sales (10mil+) since Coutinho

12.5mil for Danny Ward
21mil for Ings
25mil for Solanke
11mil for Lovren
13.5mil for Hoever
23.5mil for Brewster
10.5mil for Grujic
12mil for Harry Wilson
35.1mil for Mane
15.5mil for Minamino
17.5mil for Neco Williams

Major sales (10mil+) since Coutinho

12.5mil for Danny Ward
21mil for Ings
25mil for Solanke
11mil for Lovren
13.5mil for Hoever
23.5mil for Brewster
10.5mil for Grujic
12mil for Harry Wilson
35.1mil for Mane
15.5mil for Minamino
17.5mil for Neco Williams

More about the ones we don't sell, how many assets have we let leave on a free? We refuse to sell if anything, Nat Phillips has been around for too long when he should've been cashed in ages ago

70 mil euro release clause? John Henry says no

Paul Joyce pouring cold water on it, so this lasted 2 seconds

Dominik Szoboszlai, the RB Leipzig midfielder, is among those Liverpool have looked at, but with a £60 million clause, no move has yet been made for the 22-year-old Hungary international [@_pauljoyce]

Inter Milan’s Nicolò Barella is admired by Liverpool. He is not desperate to leave, though, and Sandro Tonali’s £52 million move from Inter’s city rivals, AC Milan, to Newcastle means that Barella would be pitched as even more expensive. [@_pauljoyce]

Liverpool have been linked with a plethora of names. Some of the speculation appears to have been overheated. [@_pauljoyce]

Last edited:
Can you tell I think this would be a great signing?

Putting my fantasy football hat on, this would be an ideal summer for me from the names we’ve been linked to so far. Each could be landed for around the £50-60m mark I would’ve thought, and likely on similar/lower salaries to the players they’d be replacing.

Keita/Milner => Mac Allister
Chamberlain => Mount
Firmino => Szoboszlai

Starting XI

-—-Diaz—-Szoboszlai—Salah——-
———-MountMac Allister————
——————Fabinho———————-
Robertson-Van Dijk-Konate-Arnold
——————Alisson————————

Reserves

-—-Nunez—--Gakpo——Jota———
————-Elliott——-Thiago————
——————Henderson—————-
Tsimikas—Matip-Gomez—Ramsay
——————Kelleher———————

+ Jones, Bajcetic

Then next season look at rejuvenating @ CB/CM to cover ageing Matip, Van Dijk, Henderson & Thiago.

• "missing just one match through injury across the last two Bundesliga seasons"
  • "In 2022-23, Szoboszlai tallied the fifth highest xG assisted figure in the Bundesliga (7.72)"
  • "2022-23 saw him rank fourth overall in the German top flight for total involvements in shot-ending sequences in open play (163)"
  • "Szoboszlai led the Bundesliga for secondary chances created – the pass to the player who creates a chance"
  • "Joshua Kimmich (992) was the only player that received more open-play passes in the opposition half across the 2022-23 Bundesliga season than the Hungarian midfielder (850)"
  • "Szoboszlai is also a player with a high work rate, with his average sprint per 90 figure 11th highest of the 106 outfield players to play at least 2,000 Bundesliga minutes last season"
  • "Szoboszlai was a big part of winning possession back in those areas (within 40m of the opposition goal), with 39 high turnovers in total – the most of any Leipzig player and the sixth highest in the entire league."

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

Last edited:
You know, we could be able to afford Szoboszlai if we actually sold Cav to them, and used that money, plus some of our budget. And really we'd only be using 40-50 million of our budget to get him instead of the full 70. I don't see Cav becoming an A grade star anyway, so I would not have minded selling.

I reckon the whole rumor is BS anyway. As I have said 100 times, transfer rumors make gossip mags look like honest journalism. So many are wrong, everyone just copies off one another, some are just mouth pieces for certain clubs, etc.

Feel we are still focused on some targets currently still playing in the Euros at the moment, hence it is so quiet. Don't get to caught up in the rumors.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back