The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, we could be able to afford Szoboszlai if we actually sold Cav to them, and used that money, plus some of our budget. And really we'd only be using 40-50 million of our budget to get him instead of the full 70. I don't see Cav becoming an A grade star anyway, so I would not have minded selling.

I reckon the whole rumor is BS anyway. As I have said 100 times, transfer rumors make gossip mags look like honest journalism. So many are wrong, everyone just copies off one another, some are just mouth pieces for certain clubs, etc.

Feel we are still focused on some targets currently still playing in the Euros at the moment, hence it is so quiet. Don't get to caught up in the rumors.

David ornstein is pretty reliable and if the echo are reporting it it’s real too ..

There’s a difference between those sources, pierce and a couple others compared to the rest of the crap on the internet and twitter

You can basically rule out any player that is said to be valued at more than 40 million. It's why we will go after Thuram and guys like Kone cos we can get them much cheaper.

Liverpool are for whatever reason... broke.

It’s not just about the transfer fee. We have just cleared a lot of money off our wage bill. Firmino, Milner, Keita and Ox would’ve collectively been on around £500k/week (approx £26m/year).

I’m optimistic we get it done at this point.

We know from recent years that once journalists like Ornstein, Joyce and Pearce (who are effectively just mouthpieces for the club) start reporting like this, it’s typically a very good indicator that the player is well on their way to signing if not already a done deal behind closed doors.

Last edited:

Apparently Szoboszlai has a release clause of 61 million that expires this Friday. If it is going to happen at all, then you'd think it will happen across the next two days.

David ornstein is pretty reliable and if the echo are reporting it it’s real too ..

There’s a difference between those sources, pierce and a couple others compared to the rest of the crap on the internet and twitter
Yeah fair point. There is literally hundreds of reporters and fan pages, that it is impossible to know who is reliable at all. I have found the Spanish media to be the least reliable in my opinion, so tend to ignore everything that comes out of there. We know Romano is normally on the spot, because he has links to many agents. But if you say Ornstein and the Echo are normally pretty solid, then I will add them to my trusted list.

Even people we are linked with get injured.

Poor guy. Especially in an offseason where he was likely to move on to another club. If the injury is serious, no one will come near him. Hopefully it is less than an ACL.

Yeah fair point. There is literally hundreds of reporters and fan pages, that it is impossible to know who is reliable at all. I have found the Spanish media to be the least reliable in my opinion, so tend to ignore everything that comes out of there. We know Romano is normally on the spot, because he has links to many agents. But if you say Ornstein and the Echo are normally pretty solid, then I will add them to my trusted list.

Just make sure it’s the actual echo report . They have a transfer rumours section where they just post up all the rumours out there .

But if it’s an actual echo report it’s legit

If we want a player and so does Newcastle, there is just no way we lose that. Well unless they are of course offering far larger wages which I guess they can afford to do. Outside of that, CL or not, we dont lose players to Newcastle.

Fabrizio Romano saying we are still into Szoboszlai - must be something to it if he's reporting that. Guess if it happens it will be in the next 24 hours.

Mac (35m)
Thuram (40m)
Szoboszlai (60m)
Van de Wen (35m)
plus a new home grown #2 keeper

That's my expectations for new signings this market. I do expect to be disappointed!!!

Outgoings I would expect

Matip 15m
Big Nat 10m
Kelleher 35m (with a buyback active for 3 years)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In totally unrelated news to FSG being tightwads they have just purchased a New England team to play in the TGL golf tournament:

No wonder they are short of the odd penny.

Meanwhile don't be surprised if LIV golf starts sponsoring Newcastle soon......

Memba this from 6 months ago? Funny how they always tell us there are big money to spend next window then it magically doesn't happen

FzzPBdhXwAAlTt2

Fabrizio Romano confirms negotiations between Liverpool and RB Leipzig are very advanced and in final stages. No issues from the player side of things. Discussions are about the transfer price.

Here is hoping we can reach an agreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back