Autopsy Round 8 = Richmond 113 - 86 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

What was the pissweak response? Are you suggesting Mansell should have gotten more weeks and/or that Maynard should have gotten less?

To me, both penalties were spot on and entirely predictable based on Tribunal Guidelines.
I’d have reversed the two outcomes, absolutely.

Intent to injure being the key differentiator between the two.

Club wanted 5 years. Grundy pushed for 2 extra years of his high end rate. Call it what you want, but it’s all about the guaranteed $$.

Then we had Ned Guy in Charge who did not have a Clue what he was doing

Do we have to talk about Grundy's contract again?

Can't we confine our discussion to how he played against Richmond?

That all the people on here seem to talk about.

It's getting Boring and Annoying

Given the choice I would rather a weakly delivered elbow to the back of the scone than concussion and an automatic 11 day break.
Hardly the point. We’re talking about being punished worse for a poorly executed footballing action than for an intentional head high strike. It’s a case where the action should have a greater weight than the outcome imo. Elbow a bloke in the back of the head like that on the street in front of a cop and you’ll likely be arrested for assault.

On the contrary it would have drawn no real comment. In those days the mantra was "forwards were made to earn their possessions". If you.took a mark oor were down in a pack an ear massage was common place.

The one on Ginni was pretty mild. Dog act but not worth a report or frèe in retaliation. Think we are getting precious worrying about this, doubt Ginni is. He would take it as a sign he has his opponent rattled and be pleased with himself

Not late though, they remonstrated with late hits. Like this was he didn't jump in with ginnivan he came in late and jumped after him deliberately.
I grew up in late 90 and early 00s footy as a teen and this would of started an all in.

Given the choice I would rather a weakly delivered elbow to the back of the scone than concussion and an automatic 11 day break.

A blow to the back of the head is worse then the front. Ask Greening. It's also how many people who die from 1 hit attacks do as the back of the head hits the ground unprotected.
In Boxing it has sent people blind and killed them.
Elbows are short range attacks not meant to be delivered from across the room...
Ginniven also looked half groggy as he walked from the field.

A blow to the back of the head is worse then the front. Ask Greening. It's also how many people who die from 1 hit attacks do as the back of the head hits the ground unprotected.
In Boxing it has sent people blind and killed them.
Elbows are short range attacks not meant to be delivered from across the room...
Ginniven also looked half groggy as he walked from the field.
You should start another thread about it. How was the hangover yesterday? Make it to kickboxing training?
film dancing GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still salty mate mmm tears make it to the knitting club?

What is it you like to say to people when people discuss the law? Oh thats right; it's because you're coming from a place of ignorance.
That second sentence was your edit? Really? If you could point our where I have used that phrase in relation to law (only w***ers call it "the law" in my experience), I would love to see it. Love another sly little implication of your expertise in violence.

Hardly the point. We’re talking about being punished worse for a poorly executed footballing action than for an intentional head high strike. It’s a case where the action should have a greater weight than the outcome imo. Elbow a bloke in the back of the head like that on the street in front of a cop and you’ll likely be arrested for assault.
By all means, go ahead and suggest a change to the rules - but as they stand, both decisions were completely fine. Both perfectly in line with expectations based on the current rules in place.

That second sentence was your edit? Really? If you could point our where I have used that phrase in relation to law (only w***ers call it "the law" in my experience), I would love to see it. Love another sly little implication of your expertise in violence.

With a memory like that you must be a shit lawyer..

With all the respect that is warranted, you are talking from a position of ignorance. The legal action is finished. Bringing a stale writ back to life is not a simple matter. There is a duty on a plaintiff to serve a writ promptly. There must be a good reason for the granting of an extension.

Not too hard to serve a defendant like CFC.

Not your only form in it either you love coming in to talk down to many people and their "ignorance".

No regular people call the law...um the law. Especially when using it for an umbrella term.

Nothing sly about it why take offence to it? I'm neither bragging nor saying anything other then if you have never been in a fight, never trained for a fight, never learnt those sports that use elbows, how can you say that an elbow to a un aware opponent is OK or doesn't cause damage?

On the other hand you seem more then happy to let everyone know of your legal background and their ignorance to the finer details of it.
You then extend this knowledge across all subjects all knowing... must be gahndi. I like how instead of saying yup maybe I'm wrong you tried to turn it around to a "brag" thing lmao nice try. There's definitely a w***er here no doubt.

I actually was expecting to finish in the eight, so I wasn't expecting bottom 4 or less.

Season started in December plus training, team, line and individual meetings. Sometimes a good coach has alternative plans when things are either not going the way they anticipated especially during a game. I haven't seen this yet.

I also don't see where we are as something of note given other teams are not playing to expectations, maybe we are where we are by default.

Sometimes coaches will stay the course as a learning opportunity. Just hard to say without an understanding of the group think behind on-field decisions.

Sometimes the on-field changes can be a change of direction to how a player plays a certain role. Moore potentially a case in point. Lynch has 18 disposals and kicks 5.1 in the first half, Moore changes his approach in the 2nd half and Lynch has 7 possessions and kicks 1.0.

I think we should be very pleased with where we are at. Sitting in 9th with a 4-4 record after round 8, having played 4 of the top 8 teams and 3-1 against them is a very good outcome.

Last edited:
Yup development year take one for the team.
I struggle to see what it achieves and in fact think you've got it wrong. When footy was more violent, the truly tough teams certainly dished out their share of punishment - but when things got ugly, they stayed focussed on the footy and won the game, whilst the other team was looking for square ups rather than the ball. Hawthorn did that consistently throughout the 80s.

With a memory like that you must be a shit lawyer..

Not your only form in it either you love coming in to talk down to many people and their "ignorance".

No regular people call the law...um the law. Especially when using it for an umbrella term.

Nothing sly about it why take offence to it? I'm neither bragging nor saying anything other then if you have never been in a fight, never trained for a fight, never learnt those sports that use elbows, how can you say that an elbow to a un aware opponent is OK or doesn't cause damage?

On the other hand you seem more then happy to let everyone know of your legal background and their ignorance to the finer details of it.
You then extend this knowledge across all subjects all knowing... must be gahndi. I like how instead of saying yup maybe I'm wrong you tried to turn it around to a "brag" thing lmao nice try. There's definitely a w***er here no doubt.
Good one. Sorry I couldn't remember. That you could however, sounds to me like that was a punch that landed. But anyway, your thread creation on Saturday night was wonderful. Long may it continue.

As for your carry on about elbows, there are elbows that can kill and there are other far more minor ones. Mansell's one for which he was reported (I'm guessing it was the second) was very minor. Your suggestion that Ginnivan looked groggy was clearly not one held by the medical staff or he would have had to go through a concussion test. Get over it.

PS. haven't had a practising certificate for over 20 years. Hugs and kisses.

But no mentions Howe and our other Defenders

You don’t need anyone to tell you when you see it with your own eyes.

Then there are muppets posting on here who are obsessed with player contracts and think we’re being ripped off if a player isn’t starring relative to some weird performance measures they concoct.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back