Game Day Round 7, 2024: West Coast vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure that Simmo will pick a sub with the thought of bringing them on for limited minutes. The sub will be someone who can play out a full game if needed, and will only be used if needed. I think if we hadn't dropped off last week Sheed might not have played at all.

TB out is a major loss for us, mids we can sort of cover. I base this on watching TB in the derby.
Though Hedwards was actually quietly quite good in the pre-season prior to his finger injury then suspension so here's hoping he actually does good.
Plus King isn't all that mobile he uses his height more than anything so should be a good matchup for Hedwards.

Hopefully he's helping people who witnessed his ball drop.

Mentally scarred for life...
My son's first game of footy (out of Auskick) today, another parent got a great photo of him kicking after a mark. Then I saw the ball drop;

20240427_114620.jpg

Damn you Brayden.

I'm not sure that Simmo will pick a sub with the thought of bringing them on for limited minutes. The sub will be someone who can play out a full game if needed, and will only be used if needed. I think if we hadn't dropped off last week Sheed might not have played at all.
Didn't we play Maric as sub v syd coz JD was proppy before the game

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Upset of the season and we pump them.
Putting further fear into the competition.
I’d like to see us at least winning quarters and/or maintaining our percentage.

BUT if we do so - without His Royalty - how can that possibly happen? The vAFL didn’t really comprehend the extent of the decimation of our squad i.e. weren’t interested. So, surprise surprise, with a relatively healthy list we’re not even close to being the ‘worst team ever’. Thus rather than a bit of introspection as to the reason it’s just easier to put it all down to one recruit. Lazy and biased.

Whenever we’ve played GCS sans Nic Nat over the past few years I’ve always taken exception to the way Witts plays against our undersized rucks. I know he is a 209cm man mountain but I reckon he draws a very fine line between “ruck craft” and blocking at every non-CBD ruck contest.

I’m keen to see how BBBBW goes against him tomorrow.

Whenever we’ve played GCS sans Nic Nat over the past few years I’ve always taken exception to the way Witts plays against our undersized rucks. I know he is a 209cm man mountain but I reckon he draws a very fine line between “ruck craft” and blocking at every non-CBD ruck contest.

I’m keen to see how BBBBW goes against him tomorrow.
Hopefully BBW jumps over him.

Even without Reid and Barrass this is a winnable match.

The key to beating Gold Coast is shutting down N.Anderson. Sydney used J.Jordon on him last week to very good effect and despite his size, [Anderson] didn't seem to enjoy the physical attention that he received.

Ginbey should be tasked to tag and rough him up whenever possible.

Yeo can go head-to-head with M.Rowell, likewise Kelly with T.Miller.

Other than the contested game, Gold Coast's main threat will be their pace on transition. The weather (whilst not forecast to rain much, it is likely to be wet) may assist in slowing the game down a bit for the Eagles.

If West Coast can break-even at contest and clearance the forward line will be able to capitalise against a Suns defence that has looked very shaky under pressure so far this year.

This is a big match for B.Williams. B.Grundy destroyed J.Witts last week, exposing the latter's lack of agility and endurance in a near best-on-ground performance. In previous encounters, Witts has been able to rag-doll B.Williams and gain complete ownership of the ruck far too easily. B.Williams, coming off one of the best performances of his career against the Darcy-Jackson ruck combination now needs to back that up display against Fremantle with another performance here.

Even without Reid and Barrass this is a winnable match.

The key to beating Gold Coast is shutting down N.Anderson. Sydney used J.Jordon on him last week to very good effect and despite his size, [Anderson] didn't seem to enjoy the physical attention that he received.

Ginbey should be tasked to tag and rough him up whenever possible.

Yeo can go head-to-head with M.Rowell, likewise Kelly with T.Miller.

Other than the contested game, Gold Coast's main threat will be their pace on transition. The weather (whilst not forecast to rain much, it is likely to be wet) may assist in slowing the game down a bit for the Eagles.

If West Coast can break-even at contest and clearance the forward line will be able to capitalise against a Suns defence that has looked very shaky under pressure so far this year.

This is a big match for B.Williams. B.Grundy destroyed J.Witts last week, exposing the latter's lack of agility and endurance in a near best-on-ground performance. In previous encounters, Witts has been able to rag-doll B.Williams and gain complete ownership of the ruck far too easily. B.Williams, coming off one of the best performances of his career against the Darcy-Jackson ruck combination now needs to back that up display against Fremantle with another performance here.
Fair analysis from Suns point of view. I would just not say Grundy destroyed Witts. For sure Grundy was close to best on ground and was better than Witts but I thought Witts did reasonably well (had more hit outs, more clearances).

Suns play at home pretty well and should respond from ordinary performance against Swans (except 1 and half quarter). On the other hand, Suns line-up is younger, and Suns play more inexperienced kids under 20. Suns are also still learning a new system and tinker with line-up.

IMO, if Eagles can handle a long trip they have a decent shot. You looked very good against Freo.

Yes, as usual middle battle will determine the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back