Preview R11: Changes vs Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

$40 clams to see the Harley Reid show? Seems fair value!

Quite surprised to see all the negativity here. You guys almost knocked off the reigning premier on their own dung heap. Is the concern getting stuck in the mid-table trap?
Imagine if you had lost the 2006 and 2018 GFs.

How happy would you be with 'close losses'?

Not sure it’s that unlikely. Extending Nix being happy for Tex to miss a meeting due to a school pickup, where does the flexibility stop? Is it just Tex that can be late, or is it common across the group?

View attachment 1994963
'Lets you sometimes be late to a meeting to drop the kids off at school' =/= 'lets you train part time to study'

This board is one of the most miserable places on the entire internet. I guess it's probably the 25+ years of failure, exacerbated by all the post-2017 nonsense.

Not sure if this is a previous poster using a new name however if not, you have been around for less than 3 months.

Be more respectful.

Otherwise, let yourself out, troll.

Not sure it’s that unlikely. Extending Nix being happy for Tex to miss a meeting due to a school pickup, where does the flexibility stop? Is it just Tex that can be late, or is it common across the group?

There is a massive gulf between Tex missing one meeting for his kids, and ROB "barely training" due to study.

It's obviously untrue. Maybe ROB used to do some extra training in his own time that he is no longer doing, but I doubt he has missed even one training session due to his studies.

'Lets you sometimes be late to a meeting to drop the kids off at school' =/= 'lets you train part time to study'

Doesn't it though? Where is the line drawn? If it's ok to miss to do a school run, surely there's other reasons that players may request some flexibility. What would they be, or are you that simple that you believe only school runs are a valid reason?

There is a massive gulf between Tex missing one meeting for his kids, and ROB "barely training" due to study.

It's obviously untrue. Maybe ROB used to do some extra training in his own time that he is no longer doing, but I doubt he has missed even one training session due to his studies.
He leaves when they do kicking and marking practice.

Obviously

So we'd schedule training around his exams?

And there's not really, once you embrace this kind of culture, the line just keeps creeping further and further from football success being the primary priority.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would like someone to present one piece of evidence - just one - which states that O'Brien isn't training, or whatever the latest conspiracy theory is around here. No hearsay, no half-remembered snippet, no link to an article about how he's studying (so is Billy Dowling - are we also doubting his commitment?) - actual evidence that he isn't training.
1) Earlier this year Rob was interviewed and said he had been too obsessive with his training regime last year. It was recommended that he ease back a bit and he said he was trying to adopt a more balanced approach to both his training and his studies.

2) ROB has occasionally missed the recovery session and the captains run*.

This is more than enough evidence to PROVE he is now a part-time, slack arse footballer.

* Strangely the only poster who regularly attends training hasn’t noticed Robs new part-time status.

1) Earlier this year Rob was interviewed and said he had been too obsessive with his training regime last year. It was recommended that he ease back a bit and he said he was trying to adopt a more balanced approach to both his training and his studies.

2) ROB has occasionally missed the recovery session and the captains run*.

This is more than enough evidence to PROVE he is now a part-time, slack arse footballer.

* Strangely the only poster who regularly attends training hasn’t noticed Robs new part-time status.
Balanced ROB is a woeful footballer

This board is one of the most miserable places on the entire internet. I guess it's probably the 25+ years of failure, exacerbated by all the post-2017 nonsense.
Missing finals for seven years and suffering the woeful selection reveals every week will do that to you.

Only thing to get excited about is the young players and potential draftees. Unfortunately the former are having trouble dislodging Nick's talentless favourites.

Someone’s worried about the crowd

I went to the MCG on Saturday and we paid less than $40 for excellent tickets in the Olympic Stand.

The equivalent seats at Adelaide Oval cost between $85 and $120 for a one-off purchase.

There is no doubt that Sunday will have a below average crowd, possibly even as low as the Pear average crowd this year.

Missing finals for seven years and suffering the woeful selection reveals every week will do that to you.

Only thing to get excited about is the young players and potential draftees. Unfortunately the former are having trouble dislodging Nick's talentless favourites.
I definitely understand the frustration, I share it myself. I just think that some posters have allowed their frustrations with the club to metastasise into something unhealthy.

I went to the MCG on Saturday and we paid less than $40 for excellent tickets in the Olympic Stand.

The equivalent seats at Adelaide Oval cost between $85 and $120 for a one-off purchase.

There is no doubt that Sunday will have a below average crowd, possibly even as low as the Pear average crowd this year.
Yep it’s a bloody rip off.

The Crows have a $35 membership which allows you to buy 4 tickets at 30% off but even that’s expensive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back