Preview Changes vs Nth Melbourne

Predict your Thursday night melt level

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Fans don’t give a s**t about that if you can get the quality of Phil Walsh as the next coach
I am not saying that Walsh would not have had success with the Crows, but I am also not assuming that he would (as some have).
In some ways he reminded me of a younger Neil Kerley around the time he took West Adelaide top (1983).

Sadly and tragically, we will never know :sadv1: .

Last edited:
I am not saying that Walsh would not have had success with the Crows, but I am also not assuming that he would. (as some have).
In some ways he reminded me of a younger Neil Kerley around the time he took West Adelaide top (1983).

Sadly and tragically, we will never know :sadv1: .
We've been called a "plastic franchise" for a long time, whether we won a premiership or not, when I think of Walsh "authentic" is one of the big words that comes to my mind.

I asked someone at the club once about him and why people gravitated to him so quickly. He said basically Walsh had been in football for so long and experienced so much, both on and off the field, that there was zero hesitation or doubt in what Walsh did. He knew exactly what he wanted and how to develop that in the club and that pulled people towards him and gave everyone so much faith in he was the guy that'd lead them somewhere great.

We've been called a "plastic franchise" for a long time, whether we won a premiership or not, when I think of Walsh "authentic" is one of the big words that comes to my mind.

I asked someone at the club once about him and why people gravitated to him so quickly. He said basically Walsh had been in football for so long and experienced so much, both on and off the field, that there was zero hesitation or doubt in what Walsh did. He knew exactly what he wanted and how to develop that in the club and that pulled people towards him and gave everyone so much faith in he was the guy that'd lead them somewhere great.
Interesting.
He saw Tex's leadership qualities and how players around him looked to him and lifted with him in ways that you described Walsh himself.

I liked Walsh's gruff exterior and perceived toughness. I think he would have been a tough-love, no-bullsiht Coach.
Perform and he'd die for you. Slack off and he would make you accountable; no tolerance for try-hard ineffectiveness.
I doubt that Walsh would have picked McHenry or Sholl, nor any player with low impact or contact-aversion.

I imagine he'd have inspired players like Fog and Jones and got the best out of them.
Like I said, we'll never know :sadv1: .

Chris Fagan is a similar example at the Lions. Completely turned around the culture of that club after they kept losing players continually, to then be attracting stars like Neale and contending for the last 5 years.

Back